What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

img_20141215_140134.jpg

later this year, Indonesian army will receive at least 90 M113 vehicles to be forming an armored infantry brigade.

wow, is that Aerostar? How about the advanced one (Heron) I've heard we have planning to brought for one skuadrn, is still any progress?

Anyway, salam kenal buat semuanya sy newbie disini. Sy dari Jakarta, senang akhirnya bisa bergabung dgn teman-teman disini. Dan sbg anggota baru sy mohon bimbingan dari rekan semuanya, maaf klo ada salah kata, Terima kasih..

best regards,

wow, is that Aerostar? How about the advanced one (Heron) I've heard we have planning to brought for one skuadrn, is still any progress?

Anyway, salam kenal buat semuanya sy newbie disini. Sy dari Jakarta, senang akhirnya bisa bergabung dgn teman-teman disini. Dan sbg anggota baru sy mohon bimbingan dari rekan semuanya, maaf klo ada salah kata, Terima kasih..

best regards,

Yup, Israeli Aerostar. There's no further news for heron, although SIPRI did publish the export deal few years ago.

Welcome aboard! comrade, please to have more Indonesian member here. Enjoy the discussion.

Yup, Israeli Aerostar. There's no further news for heron, although SIPRI did publish the export deal few years ago.

Welcome aboard! comrade, please to have more Indonesian member here. Enjoy the discussion.
Yes, I've heard too several years ago, but this is Indonesia we can't expect any news for this one

Anyway, thanks for your welcome, I have enjoyed in this forum..

Squadron 14 Su-35, Squadron 18 Viper, Squadron 19-20 Rafale .....

anggap aja terawangan si mbak-mbak ngawur yang didapat dari Jin Tomang pedagang Brosch
you talk like Arab sheikh.. it would be very expensive to keep 3 type of jets.. nobody does it anymore...
I wouldnt recommend Russian jets, in India, almost only half of their jets are operational. also their life time circle is low, if you purchase western equipment, you will keep it for next 40 years..

you talk like Arab sheikh.. it would be very expensive to keep 3 type of jets.. nobody does it anymore...
I wouldnt recommend Russian jets, in India, almost only half of their jets are operational. also their life time circle is low, if you purchase western equipment, you will keep it for next 40 years..

no, i just mention which aircraft will be in part of which number of fighter squadron they will be assigned off in near future.

Squadron 14 is the name of the squadron, so with the name of 18th and 19th and 20th. So far the negotiation is still goes on, at least for Su-35 we had put them into main programme.

For the types, yes i would love if my country just keep two high end fighter as the mainstay, but unfortunately it is would be not the cases. And i had the very same thought with you about western made equipments, they had a long operational life cycle, and we had that kind of experiences in the past with our A-4 Skyhawk, Avron Sabre, F-5 Tiger II, OV-10 Bronco and so on..... but unfortunately, politics and other caution and wary method in procurement programme had dictates the other way....

Indonesian rescue team conducts aerial search in Himalaya mountain
Minggu, 3 Mei 2015 15:37 WIB | 776 Views
20150430Foto_2.jpg

Nepalese military members helps drop off aid of a Boeing 737 of Indonesian Air Force Special Team in Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu, Nepal, Thursday (April 30, 2015 ). (ANTARA/Azi Fitriyanti)
Kathmandu (ANTARA News) - The Indonesian rescue team in Kathmandu, Nepal, conducted an aerial search in Himalaya area namely Langtang on Sunday morning to locate three missing Indonesian climbers in the mountain.

The three missing climbers are Alma Parahita, Kadek Andana and Jeroen Hehuwat.

The team searched the Langtang area by using a helicopter that departed from Tribhuvan Airport at 6.30 a.m. local time.

The team flew to the north east of Kathmandu to Langtang at a height of 3,000 meters above sea level.

They only had two hours to use the rented helicopter because other countries also needed it based on the waiting list.

The team consisted of Indonesian Air Force Special Troops officer Lieutenant Colonel Indan Gilang who is also the chairman of the seach team, Captain Ario Suseno, Captain Santoso, and Indonesian Foreign Ministry staff Sabda Thian and a member of Taruna Hiking Club Benjamin Setiabudi.

Before the team went to Langtang, the Indonesian Foreign Affairs Ministry had contacted the family of the three missing climbers.

The ministry contacted their families through Indonesian Evacuation and Search Center in Kathmandu Guest House of Thamel, Nepal.

Indan has asked the family to pray for the searching process. "We will do our best," Indan said through the telephone.
(Uu.B019/A014)

Indonesian rescue team conducts aerial search in Himalaya mountain - ANTARA News

Indonesian Minister of Defense paid visit to Indonesian Army Bukit Barisan First Army Territorial Command

3139674m.jpg

6294323m.jpg

6935781m.jpg

Kopassus should continue to improve capabilities: Moeldoko
Rabu, 29 April 2015 20:34 WIB | 914 Views

General TNI Moeldoko. (ANTARA/M. Agung Rajasa)
Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Commander of the Indonesian Defense Forces (TNI) General Moeldoko has urged all members of the armys special force Kopassus to continue to improve their capabilities and capacity.

Speaking at Kopassus 63th anniversary celebrations on Wednesday, he said improving their capabilities and capacity was crucial to deal with possible threats from home and abroad, including the ISIS radical group.

General Moeldoko called on the armys elite force to reach out to the people more and help to maintain peace, as well.

"As TNI members are trained to be professional peoples soldiers, they must also protect them," he emphasized in his speech at the ceremony at the Kopassus headquarters in Cijantung, East Jakarta.

He noted: "As soldiers, they must continue to improve their discipline, loyalty, character and other values."

In addition, he also reminded them that the world changed constantly, which necessitated quick response from the Kopassus in monitoring situations.

War, he added, was no longer between countries, but also took place within a society that tends to be provoked by ethnic disputes and radical ideology.

"With regard to this context, the Kopassus will become the chief strategic element of the TNI operation command," he affirmed.

To develop and optimize operational capabilities of personnel of the Kopassus and other special forces of the TNI, Moeldoko pointed out that they planned to establish a Special TNI Operation Command. This was part of efforts to optimize the inter-operability of TNI forces, as well as to have a TNI standby force to deal with terrorism.

"The presence of the command will not reduce Kopassuss role structurally," he affirmed.

The general further noted that the Kopassus participation in the Special TNI Operation Command will be represented by Unit 81 to become an integrated three-branch force, along with the Denjaka special force of the navy and the Denbravo special force of the air force, formatted as a task force based on rotation of assignments.

The commemoration of the anniversary was also attended by Vice President M. Jusuf Kalla, cabinet ministers, retired Kopassus officers and former fighters of the Free Aceh Movement (GAM) and the Free Papua Movement (OPM).

(Reporting by Syaiful Hakim/H-YH/INE/KR-BSR/A014)

Kopassus should continue to improve capabilities: Moeldoko - ANTARA News

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom