What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Well for now i'm doubt it, since many nations still confused which bread is more delicious.

Yes, it will take time and at first just a few countries like Japan, Australia Phili and USA probably and later on more countries. We'll see.

It's balancing game... a Dynamic Equilibrium. I think Indonesia's intention is not solely to curb or choke or confine one nation over another. We want to find and develop/construct the balance here in Asia Pacific region, yes, not only in ASEAN. Indonesia should rise... together with..... ASEAN, USA, China, Japan, Korea, Rusia, etc...

Yes, I agree, that's the idea if possible, but if the big bully wants to keep grabbing, then things get serious.

@NarThoD thanks for the pictures.

Another difference showed up clearly LOL round hatches!!!
VABs have square ones.
The mini Centauro version is just lovely. With the rear set turret, I'm betting your soldiers have the b… courage to go in covered environments where it could pop pick ups or trucks. Its a very modern asymmetrical war adaptation. Then again, Indonesia knows that concern from East Timor and Aceh so it makes sense you'd be on the forefront in that. Next step could be a FELIN / Future Soldier FFW / F-INSAS / ACMS type program.

Have you heard of anything in that respect by any chance?

Read you later, Tay

Last edited:
It's balancing game... a Dynamic Equilibrium. I think Indonesia's intention is not solely to curb or choke or confine one nation over another. We want to find and develop/construct the balance here in Asia Pacific region, yes, not only in ASEAN. Indonesia should rise... together with..... ASEAN, USA, China, Japan, Korea, Rusia, etc...

Indonesia has been trying to be neutral, which is ok, but it takes 2 to tango; if the other side doesn't want to play the game, then have to rearm and get serious with them.

Yes, it will take time and at first just a few countries like Japan, Australia Phili and USA probably and later on more countries. We'll see.

Yes, I agree, that's the idea if possible, but if the big bully wants to keep grabbing, then things get serious.
Well China actually trying to take us in her grasp by proposing $40 Billion investment to developing our Maritime Axis Programme.

The US are also doing the same by proposing to build International Military Operations Center/IMOC in Indonesia, which you can see in the China and Far East Forum.

It will be a hard choice and we should be wise which offer will benefit us most.

Well China actually trying to take us in her grasp by proposing $40 Billion investment to developing our Maritime Axis Programme.

The US are also doing the same by proposing to build International Military Operations Center/IMOC in Indonesia, which you can see in the China and Far East Forum.

It will be a hard choice and we should be wise which offer will benefit us most.

For china, the money is just bait, first they try to use soft power (investment and economic dependence), they'll get you hooked, then they start to tighten the screws on you and try to make you a client state. Beware of a chinese bearing gifts.

Finally, TNI and Defense Ministry Choose Su35 for F5 Replacement Program

nasional.sindonews.com/read/975725/14/tni-dan-kemhan-sepakat-beli-pesawat-sukoi-generasi-kelima-1426161926

Fuiihhhh, can't wait for more order of Su-35

TNI and MoD Agreed Buy Su-35

TNI with the Ministry of Defence (Ministry of Defense) agreed to choose a fifth-generation fighter aircraft Sukhoi (Su-35) made in Russia, as a replacement for the F-5 aircraft that are not airworthy.

TNI Commander General Moeldoko convey, the fighter aircraft purchasing decisions through a long process. Prosesnyawa initiated talks between the Government of Indonesia and the Ministry of Defense of Russia and continued between the two countries.

"It was a choice between the military along with the Ministry of Defense and has been an agreement," said Moeldoko after attending a hearing with the theme of the military activity in the Energy Sector Security with Multiple Problems and Solutions in Hall Cilangkap TNI Headquarters, East Jakarta, Thursday (3/12/2015 ).

The secretary-general (Kapuspen) TNI Major General Fuad Basya added, the Su-35 fighter aircraft of choice to complement the main weaponry system (defense equipment) in order to strengthen the Air Force air defense of the Republic of Indonesia (NKRI). According to him, the aircraft procurement has gone through several stages.

"Yeah, so in the military was no process name Determinants and Procurement Council (Wantuada) which are diangkatan, then there Alut Determination Policy Council and defense equipment (Wanjaktu) at the TNI Headquarters. The results of the combined Wantuada TNI headquarters to be Wanjaktu to be interoperability, "said Fuad.

He added, the results Wanjaktu then TNI choose Sukhoi-35 that was agreed upon. The next stage Kemhan will run the administrative process.

"The process (procurement) stay the Minister of Defence. How quickly depends on the Minister of Defence, because in their adminitrasinya process. We wanted as quickly as possible, because the F-5 has to be replaced, "he explained.

Being asked how many fighter aircraft Su-35 will be held at the first stage, Fuad claimed not to mention.

"I do not know the exact number but, obviously we will change gradually and was until 2024 the end minimum essential force (MEF) all of it is already present," he said.

TNI dan Kemhan Sepakat Beli Pesawat Sukoi Generasi...

TNI with the Ministry of Defence (Ministry of Defense) agreed to choose a fifth-generation fighter aircraft Sukhoi (Su-35) made in Russia, as a replacement for the F-5 aircraft that are not airworthy.

TNI Commander General Moeldoko convey, the fighter aircraft purchasing decisions through a long process. Prosesnyawa initiated talks between the Government of Indonesia and the Ministry of Defense of Russia and continued between the two countries.

"It was a choice between the military along with the Ministry of Defense and has been an agreement," said Moeldoko after attending a hearing with the theme of the military activity in the Energy Sector Security with Multiple Problems and Solutions in Hall Cilangkap TNI Headquarters, East Jakarta, Thursday (3/12/2015 ).

The secretary-general (Kapuspen) TNI Major General Fuad Basya added, the Su-35 fighter aircraft of choice to complement the main weaponry system (defense equipment) in order to strengthen the Air Force air defense of the Republic of Indonesia (NKRI). According to him, the aircraft procurement has gone through several stages.

"Yeah, so in the military was no process name Determinants and Procurement Council (Wantuada) which are diangkatan, then there Alut Determination Policy Council and defense equipment (Wanjaktu) at the TNI Headquarters. The results of the combined Wantuada TNI headquarters to be Wanjaktu to be interoperability, "said Fuad.

He added, the results Wanjaktu then TNI choose Sukhoi-35 that was agreed upon. The next stage Kemhan will run the administrative process.

"The process (procurement) stay the Minister of Defence. How quickly depends on the Minister of Defence, because in their adminitrasinya process. We wanted as quickly as possible, because the F-5 has to be replaced, "he explained.

Being asked how many fighter aircraft Su-35 will be held at the first stage, Fuad claimed not to mention.

"I do not know the exact number but, obviously we will change gradually and was until 2024 the end minimum essential force (MEF) all of it is already present," he said.

Congratulations !!! :tup::tup::tup:

@NarThoD thanks for the pictures.

Another difference showed up clearly LOL round hatches!!!
VABs have square ones.
The mini Centauro version is just lovely. With the rear set turret, I'm betting your soldiers have the b… courage to go in covered environments where it could pop pick ups or trucks. Its a very modern asymmetrical war adaptation. Then again, Indonesia knows that concern from East Timor and Aceh so it makes sense you'd be on the forefront in that. Next step could be a FELIN / Future Soldier FFW / F-INSAS / ACMS type program.

Have you heard of anything in that respect by any chance?

Read you later, Tay

Modern future soldiers? Honestly in regard of C4ISR and adopting real times central command warfare into small combat units on the ground is still a far away dreams for our Army but we had a clear vision into that kind of modernizations. Recently with the talks and seminar about adopting Battle Management System into all of our Armored Battalion and Mechanized Infantry Battalion and the recent acquisition of Apache and fennec combat helicopter capable to surveillance scouting mission and delivering tactical information via data-link, Modern surveillance battlefield UAV, and persistent research efforts of on how to deliver real time information into small units in the battlefield by adopting local Battle Management System with affordable prices it will give us a firm first steep to reach that goal.

But if it's only talking about the modernization of infantry gears for all of combatant infantry on the ground we had SAKTI programme like the pictures i post below. And all of them will be armed with ZTA tactical radio set from South African Denel company and been license made locally, SS-2V2 assault rifles, NVG, GPS handheld locator and so on.

This is the basic version of SAKTI, as several version has been adopted to suit the requirement of infantry units who had specialized task and roles
RBSuntukkondisidefensif_zpsa04535f7.png

IntegrasiRASRBSdalamkondisispektrumtempurtotal_zps17a7930b.png

Indonesia has been trying to be neutral, which is ok, but it takes 2 to tango; if the other side doesn't want to play the game, then have to rearm and get serious with them.

It's like a chess game. We don't move around our pieces and attack carelessly toward any provocative move. We have to peel the layered motive behind every movement. We need to calculate and recalculate constantly to make sure everything goes as predictable as possible and there's no surprise-trap hiding behind. If normal chess game with 2 player already sound tricky, now we will multiply the difficulty by adding more players simultaneusly. Things can go wrong pretty fast, and every wrong turn will be a real mess. We have to be prudent with our move.

With RCS bigger than 1m. I dont think it can be considered 5th gen. This is just Su27 with major improvement
It said that procurement will be until 2024. I think it will be 2 unit 2016, 2 unit 2017 and so on until 2024 so a total of 16 unit ready by 2024.

Btw, I still think the govt will buy the Typhoon also. I think it will be 1 skd su35 2 skd typhoon.

Defence minister went to Spain probably surveying the Eurofighter and C295 here is link :

Menhan Ryamizard Kunjungi Pameran Teknologi Keamanan di Spanyol | Republika Online

Good News.......... :cheers:

upload_2015-3-12_20-59-0.jpeg

Su-35

Thrust Vectoring engine, Avionics, and Radar absorbent material. Some say that Irbris Radar has similar capability with the current AESA.

I hope it can also help KFX/IFX program a lot

Challenging time during our period indeed......... :tup:

Thanks a lot, @madokafc , that is exactly what I was wondering about.

So judging by your reply, the building bricks are being acquired for a CMS.
I trust this incremental approach will fit the low cost requirement you put forth.
It sounds like a sensible solution, congrats!

Have a great day, Tay.

With RCS bigger than 1m. I dont think it can be considered 5th gen. This is just Su27 with major improvement
It said that procurement will be until 2024. I think it will be 2 unit 2016, 2 unit 2017 and so on until 2024 so a total of 16 unit ready by 2024.

Btw, I still think the govt will buy the Typhoon also. I think it will be 1 skd su35 2 skd typhoon.

Defence minister went to Spain probably surveying the Eurofighter and C295 here is link :

Menhan Ryamizard Kunjungi Pameran Teknologi Keamanan di Spanyol | Republika Online

Its considered a 4++

View attachment 201924
Su-35

Thrust Vectoring engine, Avionics, and Radar absorbent material. Some say that Irbris Radar has similar capability with the current AESA.

Super cruise also.

View attachment 201924
Su-35

That radar is very, very powerful, the electrical generator in the SU-35 is much bigger than the one fitted in the SU-30 because of all the power consumed by that radar.
That radar will detect other jets much earlier than they can detect the SU-35 and in an air fight, the one that shoots first usually wins.

The SU-35 also have lateral VHF radars to detect stealth aircraft.

By the way, some of the pics show canards because some of the prototypes of the SU-35 have canards, but the production units do not.

You guys always feel that Singapore gets the best stuff, but now you are getting the really best stuff. A SU-35 will eat an F-35 for lunch any time (according to virtual war games done by the Americans).

0AC-Su-35 chart-1.jpg

ATTACH=full]201931[/ATTACH]
0AC-Su-35 chart-2.jpg
0AC-Su-35 chart-3.jpg
Jet engine AL-41FS.jpg
Su-35S simulation #cockpit.jpg
sukhoi-40.jpg
1505288_321488504706918_2459972483515683827_n.jpg
Sukhoi_Su-35.jpg

Last edited:
@Carlosa

Thanks for the further explanation buddy :), Tonight we ( Indonesian PDF members ) are going to have a sleep with a smile on our face, (it is night already in Jakarta) :smokin:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom