What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Thanks both @NarThoD & @pr1v4t33r for offering precisions but I know about the Pindad ANOA and trust me that had I been ignorant of it, the differences with the standard VAB are evident to one who used it.
The main one is that drop down rear door whereas mine had the double small swing type.

Still, while agreeing to independent re-design, Indonesia did buy VAB 4x4 initially ( that your peacekeepers famously used abroad 14 in Kosovo 1999 and 32 in 2010 ) and based its reworked variant on these which is why there is commonality and whole power packs are imported for them.
No disrespect either, adapting a blueprint to your needs serves both technology build-up and forces requirements adaption, two fully correct aims of a military complex. To have done so with virtually no mass increase ( +200kgs ) on the Panser is also excellent BTW.

But to offer an analogy : it is still a VAB to me in pretty much the same sense that my son, although almost grown up, is still my baby? :meeting: ( Until he gets kids of his own, say! )
I trained to fight the USSR in these over 15 years before your deserving servicemen got one? :secret:

Have great day both and all, Tay.
Our Army like it so much,
20130315_Panser_Anoa-2_Kodam_Iskandar_Muda_7192.jpg

Fire support version :
Mounting 90mm gun, expected to produced this end of year or in 2016

Anoa cannon 1.jpg
Anoa cannon 3.jpg

I think Indonesian government is still considering the gap in number of platform too beside the quality. Indeed Typhoon is a good fighter capable to perform in any mission and on par with the other fighter like Rafale and Flanker E. Still Viper is a capable fighter too and UAE has using them for long range mission in Middle East and North Africa.

Getting US offer will close the gap in number tremendously and saving the cost to preparing for the acquisition of more advanced fighter

Makes sense, good strategy; need to build up quickly before a certain country in the region start to get ideas about the Natuna area.

India is doing a heck of a build up in the Nicobar / Andaman islands by the way.
4 air bases and 3 naval bases; they have 15 warships there, but in 8 years the numbers will go up to 32 including a carrier. That's very good and that also helps Indonesia.

Makes sense, good strategy; need to build up quickly before a certain country in the region start to get ideas about the Natuna area.

India is doing a heck of a build up in the Nicobar / Andaman islands by the way.
4 air bases and 3 naval bases; they have 15 warships there, but in 8 years the numbers will go up to 32 including a carrier. That's very good and that also helps Indonesia.

Unlike Vietnam who boost her Air Defense Capability and in most recent times her surface combatant capability, Indonesia is mostly boosting her Logistics and Support capability to cope with the threats and Geographical significance. And so you will see more of Indonesian made LST/LCU/LPD/Large Infantry Carrier Ship and support ships like tanker and RAS ships in our inventory along with military cargo aircraft and helicopter. That's why we are capable to bring, maintaining the logistics line and rotating hundred thousands of the troops in an Islands Nation whose the span comparable with the distance between London and Ankara in Turkey.

And today we got our Newest HydroOceanography Surveillance Ships from France

1551209_20150312062342.jpg

1551209_20150312062335.jpg

1551209_20150312062327.jpg

KRI Rigel credit for original uploader

1551209_20150312062320.jpg

Unlike Vietnam who boost her Air Defense Capability and in most recent times her surface combatant capability, Indonesia is mostly boosting her Logistics and Support capability to cope with the threats and Geographical significance. And so you will see more of Indonesian made LST/LCU/LPD/Large Infantry Carrier Ship and support ships like tanker and RAS ships in our inventory along with military cargo aircraft and helicopter. That's why we are capable to bring, maintaining the logistics line and rotating hundred thousands of the troops in an Islands Nation whose the span comparable with the distance between London and Ankara in Turkey.

View attachment 201884

View attachment 201885

View attachment 201886

View attachment 201887
@Carlosa
And that's why we have Strategic Reserve Command. If we're being attacked, The Strategic Reserve are capable to deploy fast reaction troops with SSV's, dozens of troop-transporting planes (C-130's), Helicopters, and many more within hours.

Now that's what it called Prolonged warfare

View attachment 201884

View attachment 201885

View attachment 201886

View attachment 201887

Yes, nice. Indonesia with so many island and those distances is a logistical nightmare.

Actually, I think Vietnam is not doing enough when it comes to amphibious ships, which is a surprise to me.

@Carlosa
And that's why we have Strategic Reserve Command. If we're being attacked, The Strategic Reserve are capable to deploy fast reaction troops with SSV's, dozens of troop-transporting planes (C-130's), Helicopters, and many more within hours.

Now that's what it called Prolonged warfare

That's good. Is there any plan to base fighter jets in Natuna?

Yes, nice. Indonesia with so many island and those distances is a logistical nightmare.

Actually, I think Vietnam is not doing enough when it comes to amphibious ships, which is a surprise to me.

Not plan, they had been there on rotational basis and now we will looking the feasibility to made a new squadron home base for fighter in Natuna, but likely it will be home base for MPA aircraft and missile armed patrol vessel for a while

After our military chief visit China to discuss SCS issue, he warned the Army to speed up the modernization.

Edit

miss @madokafc has given me some details

A&N was used in past to secure Aircraft Carrier during wartime, and I think it used again. But the homeport of those carriers means of INS Vikrant and INS Vikramaditya always remain Karwar and Mumbai.
INS Kadamba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yes the nearest AFB/Naval AB going to be INS Baaz (INS Baaz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) to Mallaca Strait. It going to deploy a squad of SUs and Tejas in near future.

Not plan, they had been there on rotational basis and now we will looking the feasibility to made a new squadron home base for fighter in Natuna, but likely it will be home base for MPA aircraft and missile armed patrol vessel for a while

Good, need to have all the assets in place in that area.
In my view, with the chinese, have to act strong right from the beginning, otherwise they see it as a weakness. Just need to look at Malaysia for that, amazing really.

A&N was used in past to secure Aircraft Carrier during wartime, and I think it used again. But the homeport of those carriers means of INS Vikrant and INS Vikramaditya always remain Karwar and Mumbai.
INS Kadamba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yes the nearest AFB/Naval AB going to be INS Baaz (INS Baaz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it going to deploy a squad of SUs and Tejas in near future.

Great, that's the choke point for the chinese. I hope India will deploy good air defenses there and if possible BMD also.

After our military chief visit China to discuss SCS issue, he warned the Army to speed up the modernization.

Edit

Oh interesting, can you share?

Edit

Haha, his been warned by them directly

Ty. Indeed, our soldiers are satisfied with VAB design & performance hence they based the development of our APC on VAB. Until today there's few variant of Anoa we produce, including APC, Ambulance, Command, Recovery, & Mortar carrier. Since the characteristic and visual are almost identical with only few design apaptation here and there, of course you can call it VAB. We love VAB.

What patrol boats will we get from spain?

sweet deal if it's true and pursued, will be hard to resist.

Small patrol boats for Bakamla (Coast Guard)

Well, the point is, Chinese government seems to underestimate Indonesia. Thus making our Military chief a bit angered at the moment he returned, and order a lot of modernization.

Well, the point is, Chinese government seems to underestimate Indonesia. Thus making our Military chief a bit angered at the moment he returned, and order a lot of modernization.

Wow, I'm not surprised. The way they see things, they want everybody to be a client state of theirs.

I think in the end there is going to be a NATO of the asia pacific, its the only way or the chinese will pick up one country at a time.

I think in the end there is going to be a NATO of the asia pacific, its the only way or the chinese will pick up one country at a time.
Well for now i'm doubt it, since many asean nations still confused which bread is more delicious.

It's balancing game... a Dynamic Equilibrium. I think Indonesia's intention is not solely to curb or choke or confine one nation over another. We want to find and develop/construct the balance here in Asia Pacific region, yes, not only in ASEAN. Indonesia should rise... together with..... ASEAN, USA, China, Japan, Korea, Rusia, etc...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom