What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Dont forget 2002 accident when we lost 4 Hawk-53 pilots during aerobatics exercise (Jupiter Aerobatic Team)

Respect for all the pilots..........

Capt. Andis Solikhin Machfud, Capt. Weko Nartono Soewarno and their respective co-pilots Maj. Syahbudin Nur Hutasuhut and Capt. Masrial were killed in the accident.

I still remember reading story of one of the pilot who was used to read Quran in the dawn before going up for his duty.

The situation in Nusakambangan Prison, a Prison where the Bali Nine convicts awaiting execution.
465247358.jpg

465194332.jpg

465194340.jpg

@Jakartans@PkDef Thanks for that pictorial on the 201st.

The VAB was my vehicle when I served a long time ago. I'm quite pleased with the pristine state of the 6x6 ones of the TNI.
Being silent and nimble, it perfectly fits the forest environments so prevalent in your land.

Good day all, Tay.
Thanks for your comment. These APC are Indonesian-made Anoa which has smiliar appereance like VAB, which is also serve our Peacekeepers. Anoa is our main APC in the Army.

Just like VAB, Anoa are battle-proven, they provide protection and fire support for our UN peacekeepers in Lebanon and many other conflict which involving our Peacekeepers.

anoaduaa.jpg

Last edited:
@Jakartans@PkDef Thanks for that pictorial on the 201st. The VAB was my vehicle when I served a long time ago. I'm quite pleased with the pristine state of the 6x6 ones of the TNI. Being silent and nimble, it perfectly fits the forest environments so prevalent in your land.
Good day all, Tay.

Thanks for your comment. These APC are Indonesian-made Anoa which has smiliar appereance like VAB, which is also serve our Peacekeepers. Just like VAB, Anoa are battle-proven, they provide protection and fire support for our UN peacekeepers in Lebanon and many other conflict which involving our Peacekeepers.

Pindad Anoa can be considered as VAB copy (but no licensing). Since our soldiers were impress and satisfied with this APC, they ask our defense industry (Pindad) to developed this at home. But we still use the renault for the engine. Most of the vehicles were new built, hence the pristine condition.

anoa.jpg

Minister of Defense Paid a Visit to Spain

Madrid, (ANTARA News) - Minister of Defence Gen. (ret) Ryamizard Ryacudu, and his delegation paid a working visit to Spain.

Indonesian Ambassador to Spain Yuli Mumpuni Widarso to Antara Agency Press in London, Thursday, she said the Indonesian Minister of Defense visits to Spain this time is an important and strategic step in strengthening bilateral relations between Indonesia and Spain in the field of defense industry. Besides as a follow up of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed Cooperation Sector defense by the Indonesian Minister of Defense and Minister of Defence of Spain, in Jakarta, on February 13, 2013 last.

The MoU has been initiated between the two countries since 2007 in order to improve cooperation both in the field of science related to the use of military systems and equipment, as well as military operations other than war cooperation and technology as well as cooperation in the development of the aviation industry.

At this time, the cooperation between Indonesia and Spain in the field of defense industry which has been running is the purchase of nine aircraft, the C-295 where seven aircraft manufactured by Airbus Defence and Space in Sevilla and two other units being produced by PT Dirgantara Indonesia in Bandung.

In addition, Indonesia is also exploring the purchase of seven units of the C-295 again to complete the construction of the power of a squadron and training vessel to replace KRI Dewaruci.

In a working visit to Spain, the Defence Minister also attended the exhibition of international defense and security technology "HOMSEC" 5th, at IFEMA Madrid, which took place from March 10 to 12.

Opened in 2015 HOMSEC Spanish Interior Minister Jorge Fernandez Diaz, and was attended by the Ambassador, Yuli Mumpuni Widarso, as well as throughout the industry, Ministers and High Officials in the field of defense and security of various countries.

HOMSEC is an exhibition of international defense and security technology held every two years in Madrid. The main activities on HOMSEC consists of technical conferences and workshops, business meetings as well as exhibition and defense products.

HOMSEC 2013 success with the presence of 8,000 people from various countries including professionals and 135 companies participated in the exhibition participants to reflect an increase in the number of attendance, each for 82 and 55 percent from the previous edition. HOMSEC 2013 was also attended by 28 official delegations from the foreign ministry and the armed forces.

In addition to visiting the exhibition, Defense Minister is scheduled to meet with Secretary of State for Defence Spain, Pedro Argelles Salaverra, in order to strengthen bilateral cooperation between Indonesia and Spain in the fields of defense and review the installation of Airbus Defence and Space in Getafe which produces the Eurofighter aircraft, the A400M heavy transport aircraft and aircraft Multi Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) A330.

Indonesian Ambassador Relations and Spanish Ambassador in Jakarta is also very nice. The Ambassador said that the level of such a good relationship that continues to increase and will involve stakeholders in their respective countries. Ambassador plans to "marry" PINDAD with partners from Spain.

In a working visit to Spain, accompanied by Defense Minister Major General Rusmanto (Plt. Kabaranahan), Brigadier General Sisriadi (Dikersin), Brigadier General Ida Bagus Purwalaksana (Karo TU), Lt. Col. CHB Iroth Sony (Interpreter), Col. Sea (S) Jos Sumiarsa (Head Minmen), Lt. Col. Heru Czi Prayitno (Head Minmen), Captain Pom Rindo Q. (ADC Defence Minister) and First Lieutenant Emmanuel Roy. Defence Minister is also scheduled to visit the Airbus Defence & Space Installation in Getafe and review the installation of the Eurofighter and the A400M aircraft manufacture.

Menhan lakukan kunjungan kerja ke Spanyol - ANTARA News

It seems like you guys are going to get some new toys from us. :tup:

It seems like you guys are going to get some new toys from us. :tup:

the confirmed one is the second batch of CN-295 (seven units), Training vessels, patrol boats, assembly line for production of amunitions for Oto Melara 76 mm. And we will considering to opt for up to three squadron of Eurofighter typhoon, 4 A400 M and maybe 2 Airbus MRTT but there is will be an open tender for them.

the confirmed one is the second batch of CN-295 (seven units), Training vessels, patrol boats, assembly line for production of amunitions for Oto Melara 76 mm. And we will considering to opt for up to three squadron of Eurofighter typhoon, 4 A400 M and maybe 2 Airbus MRTT but there is will be an open tender for them.

That's plenty of new toys, very good. How realistic are the chances for the Typhoon, considering that Indonesia was very interested in SU-35?

Thanks both @NarThoD & @pr1v4t33r for offering precisions but I know about the Pindad ANOA and trust me that had I been ignorant of it, the differences with the standard VAB are evident to one who used it.
The main one is that drop down rear door whereas mine had the double small swing type.

Still, while agreeing to independent re-design, Indonesia did buy VAB 4x4 initially ( that your peacekeepers famously used abroad 14 in Kosovo 1999 and 32 in 2010 ) and based its reworked variant on these which is why there is commonality and whole power packs are imported for them.
No disrespect either, adapting a blueprint to your needs serves both technology build-up and forces requirements adaption, two fully correct aims of a military complex. To have done so with virtually no mass increase ( +200kgs ) on the Panser is also excellent BTW.

But to offer an analogy : it is still a VAB to me in pretty much the same sense that my son, although almost grown up, is still my baby? :meeting: ( Until he gets kids of his own, say! )
I trained to fight the USSR in these over 15 years before your deserving servicemen got one? :secret:

Have great day both and all, Tay.

How about C-295 AWACS? That would be a better choice than Saab. 360 degree coverage and powerful radars / avionics from Israel.

That's plenty of new toys, very good. How realistic are the chances for the Typhoon, considering that Indonesia was very interested in SU-35?
Well since Airbus has its service and assembly center here in Indonesia, Spain offered us with ToT, specific and detailed one, we need those ToT for our upcoming KFX program. And they promises we can assembly EF here.

there is still going on a though competition, but our requirement is clear we will built another three more of Fighter Squadron before 2024 and not to mention the decision to replace the F-5 with the new generation of fighter. Personally i think, Typhoon still had a big chances, but the most fearsome contender is F-16 block 60 from Lock Mart, beside their offer of 35 percent offset from the nominal value order the US government backing them up with offer of second batch of F-16 C/D block 25 grants with the number of up to the first batch of 30 units and not to mention they arrange the package with E-2C hawkeye offer for Indonesian AEW/C programme.

I think the government will get more saving to bought a more sophisticated fighter in near future while expanding their forces if they chose the US offer.

How about C-295 AWACS? That would be a better choice than Saab. 360 degree coverage and powerful radars / avionics from Israel.

We got an offer for Northrop Grumman E-2C hawkeye

Actually it will be a big time for the Navy and Airforce and we must modernized our armed forces to catch the gap in the capability with our neighbor like Singapore and Australia and we must to ensure the interoperability with them.

there is still going on a though competition, but our requirement is clear we will built another three more of Fighter Squadron before 2024 and not to mention the decision to replace the F-5 with the new generation of fighter. Personally i think, Typhoon still had a big chances, but the most fearsome contender is F-16 block 60 from Lock Mart, beside their offer of 35 percent offset from the nominal value order the US government backing them up with offer of second batch of F-16 C/D block 25 grants with the number of up to the first batch of 30 units and not to mention they arrange the package with E-2C hawkeye offer for Indonesian AEW/C programme.

I think the government will get more saving to bought a more sophisticated fighter in near future while expanding their forces if they chose the US offer.

That's quite a package, but Typhoon should be superior to F-16, particularly for interceptor role, but it is more expensive. Considering the threat, I would go for the most capable plane. E-2C should be cheap, they are retiring those.

We got an offer for Northrop Grumman E-2C hawkeye

Actually it will be a big time for the Navy and Airforce and we must modernized our armed forces to catch the gap in the capability with our neighbor like Singapore and Australia and we must to ensure the interoperability with them.

Right, that makes sense. The rivals of today and yesterday seem to be becoming the allies for tomorrow.

That's quite a package, but Typhoon should be superior to F-16, particularly for interceptor role, but it is more expensive. Considering the threat, I would go for the most capable plane. E-2C should be cheap, they are retiring those.

I think Indonesian government is still considering the gap in number of platform too beside the quality. Indeed Typhoon is a good fighter capable to perform in any mission and on par with the other fighter like Rafale and Flanker E. Still Viper is a capable fighter too and UAE has using them for long range mission in Middle East and North Africa.

Getting US offer will close the gap in number tremendously and saving the cost to preparing for the acquisition of more advanced fighter

Thanks both @NarThoD & @pr1v4t33r for offering precisions but I know about the Pindad ANOA and trust me that had I been ignorant of it, the differences with the standard VAB are evident to one who used it. The main one is that drop down rear door whereas mine had the double small swing type.

Still, while agreeing to independent re-design, Indonesia did buy VAB 4x4 initially ( that your peacekeepers famously used abroad 14 in Kosovo 1999 and 32 in 2010 ) and based its reworked variant on these which is why there is commonality and whole power packs are imported for them. No disrespect either, adapting a blueprint to your needs serves both technology build-up and forces requirements adaption, two fully correct aims of a military complex. To have done so with virtually no mass increase ( +200kgs ) on the Panser is also excellent BTW.

But to offer an analogy : it is still a VAB to me in pretty much the same sense that my son, although almost grown up, is still my baby? :meeting: ( Until he gets kids of his own, say! ) I trained to fight the USSR in these over 15 years before your deserving servicemen got one? :secret: Have great day both and all, Tay.

Ty. Indeed, our soldiers are satisfied with VAB design & performance hence they based the development of our APC on VAB. Until today there's few variant of Anoa we produce, including APC, Ambulance, Command, Recovery, & Mortar carrier. Since the characteristic and visual are almost identical with only few design adaptation here and there, of course you can call it VAB. We love VAB.

What patrol boats will we get from spain?

sweet deal if it's true and pursued, will be hard to resist.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom