What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

As a development partner Indonesia would probably be able to integrate or ask to integrate (depending on if the Koreans share the whole source code with the Indonesians) some of their own system as well as munitions I suspect and maybe it would be able for KAI and Hanwha to integrate Indonesian UCAV into the IF-X MUM-T system if they develop one in the future.

Thank you for your thorough explanation, really appreciate it. Yup regarding Indonesian wingman UCAV, I think it will be our next project starting in 2027 after the development of our MALE UCAV Black Eagle is completed in 2025 inshaAllah.

I think we have enough man power to do that despite I believe our next new administration will also likely to pursue R 80 passenger plane development starting in 2025 in cooperation with Habibie family in PT RAI.

Indonesia Aerospace needs to complete R 80 detail design first

For your information, PT RAI doesnt have enough design engineers for detail design phase that needs more than hundred design engineer, thus they need Indonesia Aerospace for both development and manufacturing partner of R 80 passenger plane program.

R 80 preliminary design phase (basic design) that is now being worked by PT RAI will likely finish during this administration and N 245 basic and detail design that is being worked by Indonesian Aerospace (PTDI) I believe will also finish at this administation (2019-2024).

In order to improve design expertise in Indonesia Space Agency (LAPAN), LAPAN is also included in R 80 basic design phase to learn from experience engineers in PT RAI that many are former Indonesian Aerospace engineers with huge design experience like Ilham Habibie himself as the company Chairman of Commissioners. Ilham Habibie is a former project manager of N 2130 program of Indonesia Aerospace.

With the completion of KF 21/IFX program (despite development will be continued until block 3) in 2026 inshaAllah, so Indonesia can focus on next big project that require big fund and lot of experience engineers.

2027 as the start of the program (my proposal)

Indonesian Aerospace I hope will work for R80 detail design in 2025-2026/27. After detail design of R 80 completes in about 1-2 years inshaAllah, so Indonesia can start on Wingman UCAV program starting in 2027.

All experience taken during the development of KF 21/IFX (which I believe to be named IF 21) will be valuable for our wingman UCAV program that should also use STEALTH design, RAM, composite material, and IWB.

As like our MALE UCAV program that needs 10 years to complete inshaAllah (starting at 2015), so the Wingman program will likely complete in 2037 where block 3 of KF 21/IFX will likely already been started to be mass produced inshaAllah.

Last edited:
PT Pindad has finished producing 25.000 SS 2 V 5 assault rifle for volunter Army troop reserves (KOMCAD). For the first phase, Defense Minister target to get 25.000 volunters for the program.

SS2 V5 A1 Pindad

1620502366075.png

1620503189938.png

News is in Indonesian language

Last edited:
I'm glad that we too can assist India... albeit not as much as others... hopefully we can provide additional assistance if we have the capability...

Coooll...!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Home»News»Indonesia’s New X18 Combat Boat begins on-water tests

The X18 Combat Boat in the water in Indonesia.
The X18 Combat Boat in the water in Indonesia. JCD picture.
Indonesia’s New X18 Combat Boat Begins On-Water Tests
Indonesia's X18 Combat Boat program is moving towards first delivery, John Cockerill Defence (JCD), which is supplying the armament, told Naval News. A protoype has been put in the waters on April 28 in Banyuwangi Waters.
Nathan Gain 07 May 2021
Formerly known as the "Tank Boat", the Combat Boat was developed for the Indonesian Army (TNI AD) and will be known locally as "Antanesa".

« The boat will undergo builder trials to check all of its functions on the water. The boat is expected to support TNI operation in swamp, river, coastal and sea as well as coast guard duties », PT Pindad said on its Facebook page.

The X18 Combat Boat is a program launched by the Indonesian Ministry of Defense. Formerly known as « Tank Boat », it is executed by a consortium in which PT Pindad is the lead integration in collaboration with PT Lundin (North Sea Boats), PT Len Industri (Persero), and PT Hariff. These boats are intended for the Indonesian Army (TNI AD) and will be known locally as “Antanesa”.

This « APC » variant of the Combat Boat is primarily designed for troop transport tasks. It will be capable of carrying up to 60 troops, 5 tons of cargo, drones and will be manned by a 5 strong crew.

« Equipped with 30mm RCWS and two 12,7mm machine guns, the boat is prepared to protect Indonesia’s sovereignty and territorial waters, » PT Pindad adds.

Indonesian-Navys-future-X18-Combat-Boat-begins-on-water-tests.jpg
The X18 Combat Boat has been launched on April 28 in Banyuwangi Waters (PT Pindad picture)

The vessel integrates John Cockerill Defense’s (JCD) Cockerill 3030 unmanned turret. The Belgian company also made engineering and construction improvements in regards to the marine environment and the specificity of the catamaran composite material.

Tank-Boat-with-drone.jpeg
The Combat Boat will deploy quadcopter drones for ISR taks.

The APC variant will have further enhancement, such as missile firing capabilities, JCD added. Drones integration, for example, is currently being tested. Provided by NORTHSEADRONES, a cooperation between Norway and Indonesia, the drone will be linked with the boat and turret and will be used for surveillance and reconnaissance tasks.

Sea trials will last until the end of May. The Factory Acceptance test (FAT) step, as well as the site acceptance test (SAT) and harbor acceptance test (HAT), will all happen in May 2021. At sea live firing tests will begin next month. The delivery to the TNI-AD has not been decided yet, but could occur likely around September 2021.

« This first X18 Combat Boat will be ready to welcome foreign delegation on second half of [20]21, » a JCD representative told Naval News, adding that the vessel « will really appear as a world premier with all the latest generation of navionic and communication system ».

Indonesian-Navys-future-X18-Combat-Boat-begins-on-water-tests_001-1024x674.jpg
The X18 Combat Boat has been launched on April 28 in Banyuwangi Waters (PT Pindad picture)

Thank you for your thorough explanation, really appreciate it. Yup regarding Indonesian wingman UCAV, I think it will be our next project starting in 2027 after the development of our MALE UCAV Black Eagle is completed in 2025 inshaAllah.

I think we have enough man power to do that despite I believe our next new administration will also likely to pursue R 80 passenger plane development starting in 2025 in cooperation with Habibie family in PT RAI.

Indonesia Aerospace needs to complete R 80 detail design first

For your information, PT RAI doesnt have enough design engineers for detail design phase that needs more than hundred design engineer, thus they need Indonesia Aerospace for both development and manufacturing partner of R 80 passenger plane program.

R 80 preliminary design phase (basic design) that is now being worked by PT RAI will likely finish during this administration and N 245 basic and detail design that is being worked by Indonesian Aerospace (PTDI) I believe will also finish at this administation (2019-2024).

In order to improve design expertise in Indonesia Space Agency (LAPAN), LAPAN is also included in R 80 basic design phase to learn from experience engineers in PT RAI that many are former Indonesian Aerospace engineers with huge design experience like Ilham Habibie himself as the company Chairman of Commissioners. Ilham Habibie is a former project manager of N 2130 program of Indonesia Aerospace.

With the completion of KF 21/IFX program (despite development will be continued until block 3) in 2026 inshaAllah, so Indonesia can focus on next big project that require big fund and lot of experience engineers.

2027 as the start of the program (my proposal)

Indonesian Aerospace I hope will work for R80 detail design in 2025-2026/27. After detail design of R 80 completes in about 1-2 years inshaAllah, so Indonesia can start on Wingman UCAV program starting in 2027.

All experience taken during the development of KF 21/IFX (which I believe to be named IF 21) will be valuable for our wingman UCAV program that should also use STEALTH design, RAM, composite material, and IWB.

As like our MALE UCAV program that needs 10 years to complete inshaAllah (starting at 2015), so the Wingman program will likely complete in 2037 where block 3 of KF 21/IFX will likely already been started to be mass produced inshaAllah.

My proposal

Indonesia Wingman STEALTH UCAV Program (2027-2037)

This program IMO is visible economically as Indonesia nominal GDP in 2035 is projected to reach 4 trillion USD. With recent trend on our trade to have a surplus, Indonesian Rupiah will likely to be more stable and get strenghten, so that 4 trillion USD nominal GDP is likely to reach under conservative 5.5-6 percent economic growth projection inshaAllah.

Fighter developers in the future will also sell this wingman in one package, so non fighter developer country is unlikely to have the chance to penetrate this Wingman market, unless under foreign company where its origin country is fighter jet developer, so it is why Boeing Australia can develop it for Australia market under Boeing company.

This is why as Indonesia is a developer partner of KF 21/IFX fighter plane, so we have huge chance to supply our own Air Force with this wingman UCAV. All experience and knowledge we get through KF 21/IFX program can directly help our future STEALTH wingman UCAV program.

I projected Indonesia to have at least 200 KF 21/IFX until 2045 so we need around 400 Wingman UCAV which is really quite feasible in business sense for Indonesian Aerospace and other companies that could take part of the program like PT LEN Industry and PT Info Global.

To prepare for this program, we need AI research that is intended for this program from now on. I know one of Indonesia Research Agency, LIPI, has AI research where one of my cousin is one of the researchers. Previously he is in radar department.

Last edited:
Indonesia plans to have 10 attack submarines by 2029
May 10, 2021
Facebook

Some of the Indonesian Navy's submarines. Photo c/o ABC News.

The Indonesia Navy (TNI-AL) has set a target to have at least 10 diesel-electric attack submarines by 2029.

According to Indonesian parliament member Dave Laksono, senior military officials presented their plan with members of the parliament, with the plan to have 10 submarines.

Currently, the TNI-AL has 4 submarines in the fleet, after the loss of one of its submarine, KRI Nanggala (402) last April 2021.

Military and defense officials also discussed about the sinking of KRI Nanggala, as well as reporting on the current condition of military equipment of the Indonesian Armed Forces (TNI).

No confirmation was made on where the submarines would be acquired, or if the additional submarines to acquired are brand new or used.

But the target would also depend on the capability of the country to finance the acquisition, as the COVID-19 pandemic has wrecked the government's budget and funding capacity.

The TNI-AL currently has 3 Nagapasa-class submarines built by South Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME), and 1 Cakra-class submarine in service since 1981 and built in Germany. Both classes were based on Germany's Type 209 submarine design.

Previous reports indicated that the Indonesian Ministry of Defence has been in discussion with French and German submarine builders, while also having previous discussion with the Russian and South Korean governments regarding submarine acquisition plans.

France was said to have offered an enlarged variant of the Scorpene-class design from French naval shipbuilder Naval Group.

Germany was said to have offered the Type 214 design from ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems.

and our dear madame military analyst said, mindef will propose military spending draft for 2020-2024(RPERPRES) about +/-1790 T (rupiah)
ok lets see...:pop:

next new submarine project is france scorpene.. as she said, after her meeting with our high ranked tni.
hey how we can build two types of submarine in same time?
IDK guys, all these things amaze me, but im happy atm :p:

deputy V KSP(palace) said: our President instructions, NO MANGKRAK project for all contracts with SOKOR.
and she said specifically, its KFX/IFX & Submarines
so, guys it is very clear now rite

We have clever and competent Presidential Advisor who put very strong emphasis on our local defense industry, AlhamduliLLAH

Last edited:
and our dear madame military analyst said, mindef will propose military spending draft for 2020-2024(RPERPRES) about +/-1790 T (rupiah)
ok lets see...:pop:

next new submarine project is france scorpene.. as she said, after her meeting with our high ranked tni.
hey how we can build two types of submarine in same time?
IDK guys, all these things amaze me, but im happy atm :p:

This kind of reckless spending that must be made in rush before our own local industry can make them (jet fighter/submarine/MALE UCAV/ etc), since once they can make it, so no space for buying foreign equipment since we have law that forbid foreign military equipment acquisition if we can make it at home. It means no potential kick back

We should pick next Presidential candidate that has emphasis on long term plan to grow our local defense industry and increase R&D budget, rather than some one that will flush our money to buy foreign defense equipment (that could be replaced by local defense industry if we are patience enough and committed to fund our local industry program).

I am agree on Jokowi position on this

Last edited:
1620796625782.png

1620796656535.png

------------------------------------------

If we want to develop, increase our R&D spending since it has strong correlation with the economic advancement and product sophistication of one country produce, where Indonesia is very lacking

Last edited:
View attachment 742892

View attachment 742893

------------------------------------------

If we want to develop, increase our R&D spending since it has strong correlation with the economic advancement and product sophistication of one country produce, where Indonesia is very lacking

That is because Indonesia‘s growth focus is on fulfilling domestic demands. So investment mostly go to production of already existing product portfolio and distribution of goods and services. Startup should be the main driver for investments in RnD since they are the likely partner from industry to actually absorb innovation so that the RnD does not end with prototypes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom