What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

RBS-15, A26 is too expensive. Best we can procure is scorpene AM2000, U214, and scorpene
But you have to admitt their concept were quite visionary and aplicable in technological wise . It's our political commitment and financing capacity not the technical capacity that was going into the question here .

Soryu got kicked?
Whoops, my bad doubled the scorpene
But you have to admitt their concept were quite visionary and aplicable in technological wise . It's our political commitment and financing capacity not the technical capacity that was going into the question here .
And? I never doubted their (kockums) capabilities in the first place, instead if we have enough budget i was hoping that MoD selected A26 oceanic version

Interesting, if i'm not mistaken originally singapore are more interested in A26. But kockums were forbidden by TKMS to participate in the bid. On paper A26 should be better that type 209 variant, some even say that it's better than the german latest diesel subs like the type 218.
i rather worried about a26 in term of makelar , Damen is part of that submarine development .

And? I never doubted their (kockums) capabilities in the first place, instead if we have enough budget i was hoping that MoD selected A26 oceanic version
Japanese Submarines Exchange Stirling Engines for Lithium-ion Batteries
Lithium-ion Batteries?
The first ten submarines are equipped with traditional lead acid batteries in combination with the Stirling motor. The eleventh Soryu, however, is the first Japanese submarine equipped with ruggedised lithium-ion batteries, without the Stirling engines.

Lithium-ion batteries indeed have substantially more electric storage capacity than lead-acid batteries [1]. These lithium-ion batteries have been placed in the existing battery storage areas as well as in the spaces previously occupied by the AIP Sterling engines. In this way, the submarine could be equipped with a large amount of more powerful batteries. This has improved underwater endurance significantly and will further reduce the already low underwater noise levels. The financial budget of this eleventh submarine is 536.7 million US dollars, while the costs of number ten amounted to 502 million US dollars according to website Jane’s 360.

Japan commissions its first submarine running on lithium-ion batteries
He said the technology requires less maintenance and is capable of longer endurance at high speeds while submerged compared to lead-acid batteries.

Other advantages cited by Kobayashi include shorter charging time and longer life spans. The latter factor would mean that fewer battery changes are required over the life of the submarine.

I hope we coul get Lithium-ion version. Expensive to acquire but without the need for AIP, lesser cost to maintain and run (I think)

Its downside is she's the biggest one among all contender. Is she really suitable for our shallow archipelagic sea?? (Not a problem while operate in SCS though)

Last edited:

Well , i apologize to you then ... Just trying to point something in that sentence of mine .

i rather worried about a26 in term of makelar , Damen is part of that submarine development .
With the swede in the mix i highly doubt that . Their normal activities was running on a very thight schedule and strictest sense of monetary disciplines and very hard to bends around . hence their stellar achievement for a nation of their sizing .

With the swede in the mix i highly doubt that . Their normal activities was running on a very thight schedule and strictest sense of monetary disciplines and very hard to bends around . hence their stellar achievement for a nation of their sizing .

they are not prone to European habit when dealing with developing countries, they been accused and investigated in India (Bofors scandal), South Africa (they blame it on behalf of BAE system), and so on

Able to design and build submarine, navy will only order 2.
dmitry.png

Perlu nyales keluar negeri mereka jadinya.

Japanese Submarines Exchange Stirling Engines for Lithium-ion Batteries
Lithium-ion Batteries?
The first ten submarines are equipped with traditional lead acid batteries in combination with the Stirling motor. The eleventh Soryu, however, is the first Japanese submarine equipped with ruggedised lithium-ion batteries, without the Stirling engines.

Lithium-ion batteries indeed have substantially more electric storage capacity than lead-acid batteries [1]. These lithium-ion batteries have been placed in the existing battery storage areas as well as in the spaces previously occupied by the AIP Sterling engines. In this way, the submarine could be equipped with a large amount of more powerful batteries. This has improved underwater endurance significantly and will further reduce the already low underwater noise levels. The financial budget of this eleventh submarine is 536.7 million US dollars, while the costs of number ten amounted to 502 million US dollars according to website Jane’s 360.

Japan commissions its first submarine running on lithium-ion batteries
He said the technology requires less maintenance and is capable of longer endurance at high speeds while submerged compared to lead-acid batteries.
I hope we could get lithium ion version.
More expensive to acquire but without the need of AIP, lesser cost to run and maintain.

Other advantages cited by Kobayashi include shorter charging time and longer life spans. The latter factor would mean that fewer battery changes are required over the life of the submarine.

I hope we coul get Lithium-ion version. Expensive to acquire but without the need for AIP, lesser cost to maintain and run (I think)

Its downside is she's the biggest one among all contender. Is she really suitable for our shallow archipelagic sea?? (Not a problem while operate in SCS though)

Hm.... can we make such battery, we are planning to become 2nd biggest supplier for lithium (and maybe li-on too) battery after all, we need to do more than just ngelas hull. Sonar, torpedo, etc is still imposibru for us, maybe we could start with battery.
Meskipun ga ekonomis kalau cuma untuk melengkapi beberapa biji kasel. :hitwall:

Mantul emang, btw produknya SAAB komplit dari bawah air, permukaan, darat dan udara.
Indhan kita katanya mau dijadiin holding, mau dibikin kayak SAAB?

antarafoto-anggaran-kemenhan-pada-apbn-2021-011020-ast-1.jpg

Prajurit TNI-AD dari Skadron-11/Serbu Puspenerbad mengoperasikan helikopter AH-64E Apache saat latihan terbang di kawasan Lanumad Ahmad Yani, Semarang, Jawa Tengah, Kamis (1/10/2020). DPR dan pemerintah menyepakati anggaran Kemenhan pada UU APBN 2021 sebesar 137,3 triliun atau naik 19,4 triliun dari tahun 2020 yang akan digunakan untuk tujuh program diantaranya yaitu program penggunaan kekuatan, profesionalisme dan kesejahteraan prajurit. ANTARA FOTO/Aji Styawan/hp.

antarafoto-anggaran-kemenhan-pada-apbn-2021-011020-ast-2.jpg

Prajurit TNI-AD dari Skadron-11/Serbu Puspenerbad mengoperasikan helikopter AH-64E Apache saat latihan terbang di kawasan Lanumad Ahmad Yani, Semarang, Jawa Tengah, Kamis (1/10/2020). DPR dan pemerintah menyepakati anggaran Kemenhan pada UU APBN 2021 sebesar 137,3 triliun atau naik 19,4 triliun dari tahun 2020 yang akan digunakan untuk tujuh program diantaranya yaitu program penggunaan kekuatan, profesionalisme dan kesejahteraan prajurit. ANTARA FOTO/Aji Styawan/hp.
antarafoto-anggaran-kemenhan-pada-apbn-2021-011020-ast-3.jpg

Sikatan Daya 2020 Exercise

Latihan-Sikatan-Daya-2020-29092020-zk-1.jpg

Pesawat Hercules TNI AU mengikuti Latihan Puncak Komando Operasi Angkatan Udara II Sikatan Daya 2020, di AWR Pandanwangi Lumajang, Jawa Timur, Selasa (29/9/2020). Latihan tersebut bertujuan untuk melatih dan meningkatkan kemampuan personel dalam memahami penggunaan alat utama sistem persenjataan udara dalam sebuah operasi udara. ANTARA FOTO/Dispen TNI AU/zk/hp.

Latihan-Sikatan-Daya-2020-29092020-zk-2.jpg

Latihan-Sikatan-Daya-2020-29092020-zk-3.jpg

Latihan-Sikatan-Daya-2020-29092020-zk-4.jpg

Latihan-Sikatan-Daya-2020-29092020-zk-5.jpg

Latihan-Sikatan-Daya-2020-29092020-zk-6.jpg

they are not prone to European habit when dealing with developing countries, they been accused and investigated in India (Bofors scandal), South Africa (they blame it on behalf of BAE system), and so on
While india case were kind of blows out of our mind . It seem they were learning from it . Their last record in 3 years were quite encouraging tho .
Truthfully i'm still wondering ... Either they were running on a very very tight marketing budget wise or they do have reformed somehow ... take your pick there ..

😅😅

While india case were kind of blows out of our mind . It seem they were learning from it . Their last record in 3 years were quite encouraging tho .
Truthfully i'm still wondering ... Either they were running on a very very tight marketing budget wise or they do have reformed somehow ... take your pick there ..

😅😅

Take my clue wisely, all of European arms manufacturer and dealers love to use the word "advisor budget" to handle such demands from local user or important actor in any country they trying to win the deals. Not even country as clean as Austrian can avoid such issue when dealing with other European

TNI AD officers observe Kavkaz 2020 exercise, should compared to their proxy performance in recent conflict

120452317_2685812628348986_4398221757248025728_n.jpg
120231691_2685812585015657_4062380065308366166_n.jpg
120408479_2685812541682328_9044435273006079869_n.jpg
120316558_2685812501682332_2787500828749252730_n.jpg

Take my clue wisely, all of European arms manufacturer and dealers love to use the word "advisor budget" to handle such demands from local user or important actor in any country they trying to win the deals. Not even country as clean as Austrian can avoid such issue when dealing with other European
Well , there are a reason on why " consultation budget " were always admitted/prepared in the finance ledger book world wise .

😀😀

Back
Top Bottom