What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I read in one of the comment of alman helvas post, said that the USD 2 billion, our share in KFX program dont include the 50 jets we're gonna get. is it true ? I always thought that the contract includes the 50 planes. silly me

No lah, it just development cost only

SPORC Jagawana aka Indonesia Forest Ranger

dirjen gakkum klhk.JPG
3da98646-745c-4764-8f9c-55693e9fae06.jpeg
20130801gajah.jpg

I read in one of the comment of alman helvas post, said that the USD 2 billion, our share in KFX program dont include the 50 jets we're gonna get. is it true ? I always thought that the contract includes the 50 planes. silly me

2 billion dollar = 20 percent development cost + get 50 fighter jet :D

Talking about KFX/IFX, it is actually under Jokowi the term and work share deal being finalized in 2015. And the same administration tries to renegotiate the deal.

Last edited:
Hope to see a large scale India - Indonesia naval exercise this year or next.

So far the exercises so far are fairly limited (over last couple years but they are just officially starting so its understandable).

We have put in order for 6 more poseidons btw. There hopefully will be good cooperation between IN and TNI-AL (and TNI at large) for joint strategy against common larger adversary w.r.t crucial areas like java sea, banda sea, andaman sea and of course the most crucial straits involved.

No wonder if Korea is very happy with your "free cash" to support their "national proud" project ......and I can't also understand why you "accepted" its "term and condition" ,,, :-)

Last edited:
CAATSA surely be lifted soon as Joe Biden will likely to win the election based on latest survey.

2 billion dollar = 20 percent development cost + get 50 fighter jet :D

Talking about KFX/IFX, it is actually under Jokowi the term and work share deal being finalized in 2015. And the same administration tries to renegotiate the deal.
2 billion dollar = 20 percent development cost + get 1 prototype cmiiw.

48 IFK bayar lagi deh keknya.

2 billion dollar = 20 percent development cost + get 1 prototype cmiiw.

You are right, I just try to make fun of it ;)

PTDI will be highly involved in manufacturing the prototype and by getting one prototype it also means PTDI will have chance to develop IFX further, there will be fighter jet division surely.

As we know 4 test pilot has been prepared. 3 from Air Force fighter pilots and 1 from PTDI engineers. 3 Air Force pilots have completed their aerospace engineering degree in ITB and also test pilot school in England and currently are testing N 219. One engineer from PTDI will have fighter jet course but I dont know the latest news about him.

The prototype will also be made in PTDI. It is the required step before mass production stage that will be done in both Korea and Indonesia.

Last edited:
CAATSA surely be lifted soon as Joe Biden will likely to win the election based on latest survey.
Us presidential election 2016: Hillary will likely to win.
Trump: now I am gonna do what's called a pro gamer move.
Everyone: surpised pikachu face.png

i doubt it, CAATSA will still applies whoever the president is, with democrats as rulers will only make it difficult for Indonesian to gain access to their inventory, i prefer republic for the ruler

PTDI will have chance to develop IFX further
I hope the government also push local company to be able to develop the subsystem for IFX.
Such as EOTS thats stealthy, that also have IRST capability and remove the protruding targeting pod and irst.

Last edited:
I hope the government also push local company to be able to develop the subsystem for IFX.
Such as EOTS thats stealthy.

Yup, it should. There is intention to bring InfoGlobal to make the cockpit and PT LEN Industry for IFF. Info Global itself has shown its IFX cockpit version in 2016 Indodefense (I forgot the actual year)

Just for the folks here who are not satisfied with the KFX/IFX work share, even when PTDI has Join Venture with CASA and it is 50:50 %, PTDI also dont get TOT and workshare of subsystem, just getting design experience and produce the airframe. Similar thing happen with 50:50 % JV between Pakistan and China in JF17. It is because the subsystem development are not part of the development cost.

There is actually 4 core technology that are being developed by Korea, particularly Hanwa like AESA radar. And if it is part of development cost, so I think Indonesia should get 20 % TOT and work share on that. But IMO we should keep 20% stake of the program and it should be paid by cash, not some ridiculous barter. Our defense budget is enough to finance our financial contribution.

Talking about IP right, I dont know but the first Indonesian team that were sent to Korea also include lawyers beside engineers and Airforce personnel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom