What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

when do we exactly will retire hawk series? while the drama for tiger not yet find firm ground. and why F-15 or SHornet? i have read your discussion in previous pages, yes this is are more less same engine as f-16 but this is bigger than that, nowadays all F-15 operator are using this craft not just as air superiority craft but also as a bomb truck, do we even have capabilities and other supporting sista and ammo to put F-15 at it's full potential? and if yes, what's the future plan?
We had targeting pod, we got JDAMS KITS and trying to reverse engineering them, we got plethora of any kind of dumb bombs from mk82,84 and so on, we got laser designator for ground units, our ground radar system and other units being networked into link 16 standard, we starting to stockpilling AMRAAM and we bought many Sidewinder ex German stock to refurbish them.

Not too mention if you buy F-16's + armaments, you're basically buying armaments for F-15's as well and vice-versa. Which is why I support F-15 and EF more since you could have a shared armaments stock with the F-16, T-50i and NASAMS. If you buy Rafale or Su-35, you have to have separate stock.

hey, all this talk about procuring F15 or SHornet. how about our naval strike capability ? does US willing to supply us the Harpoon for our jets ?

hey, all this talk about procuring F15 or SHornet. how about our naval strike capability ? does US willing to supply us the Harpoon for our jets ?

Forget Harpoon, we should get JSM, Harpoon and Exocet are going be outdated sooner, JSM would last longer

That's why I'm rather confused on why some people seems to think that this is a "either KFX or Vipers/Su35/Rafale/etc" situation instead of a "Vipers/Su35/Rafale/etc and KFX" situation... It's not like KFX and the other fighters are mutually exclusive, where we can only have one and not the other...
Simple, as for now we dont have budget for it. If SU35 budget is move to EF purchase then it wont be much of an issue, but whether its going to be upgraded to tranche 2 thats another question. The way I see Rafale plan was to drop F16/SU35 and make a huge investment on 48 Rafale that will secure our lack of fighters numbers for the next decade. But those 48 Rafale may have to take KFX budget out for it, thats prolly one of the consideration.

Now 2021-2024 budget for viper or other? Now this is the tricky one :D

Diajak Kerja Sama Bareng Pindad buat Bikin Maung, Ini Kata Toyota
Jumat, 24 Juli 2020 | 14:15 WIB

Komentar

Lihat Foto
KOMPAS.COM/KRISTIANTO PURNOMO
Prototipe kendaraan taktis (rantis) Maung 4x4 produksi PT Pindad di Bandung, Jawa Barat, Rabu (22/7/2020). Kendaraan ini digunakan beberapa waktu lalu oleh Menteri Pertahanan, Prabowo Subianto dan rencananya akan diproduksi secara massal.

Penulis: Stanly Ravel
|
Editor: Azwar Ferdian

JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com - PT Pindad (Persero) mengklaim tengah menjejaki upaya kerja sama dengan Toyota Indonesia terkait pengadaan mesin untuk produk kendaraan taktis (rantis) ringan terbarunya, Maung.

Hal ini disampaikan oleh Direktur Utama PT Pindad (Persero) Abraham Mose yang menjelaskan bila pihaknya sudah melakukan diskusi dengan pihak Auto2000 terkait upaya menjalin kerja sama tersebut.

"Soal dengan Toyota bagaimana, kami ini sekarang sedang bikin kerja sama berupa long term agreement dengan mereka (Toyota). Kemarin kami sudah bicara dengan Auto2000 ya, namun paling tidak itu harus naik ke atasnya lagi, ke Astra-nya. Jadi kita lihat dulu seperti apa," ucap Abraham kepada Kompas.com, Kamis (23/7/2020).

Baca juga: Pindad Kirim Sinyal Kerja Sama dengan Toyota untuk Maung

Ketika mengkonfirmasikan hal ini, Direktur Pemasaran PT Toyota Astra Motor (TAM) Anton Jimmi Suwandy mengakui adanya permintaan dari perusahaan Badan Usaha Milik Negara (BUMN) tersebut untuk menjalin kolaborasi.

Lihat Foto
Donny Apriliananda/Kompas.com
Toyota Hilux diajak berenang di kubangan.

Namun demikian memang belum ada keputusan apapun karena Toyota pun masih melakukan study lebih lanjut terkiat bentuk kerja sama yang dimaksud.

"Iya, ada permintaan untuk study dari Pindad. Sekarang ini sedang kami bicarakan dengan pihak prinsipal kami lebih dulu," ujar Anton kepada Kompas.com, Jumat (24/7/2020).

Baca juga: Pindad Mulai Produksi Rantis Maung

Seperti diketahui, rantis Maung yang akan menjadi kendaraan tempur ringan dibangung dengan mengandalkan dapur pacu milik Toyota Hilux, yakni turbodiesel berkubikasi 2.494 cc lengkap dengan sistem pengerak empat roda dan transmisi enam percepatan manual.

Lihat Foto
KOMPAS.COM/KRISTIANTO PURNOMO
Prototipe kendaraan taktis (rantis) Maung 4x4 produksi PT Pindad di Bandung, Jawa Barat, Rabu (22/7/2020). Kendaraan ini digunakan beberapa waktu lalu oleh Menteri Pertahanan, Prabowo Subianto dan rencananya akan diproduksi secara massal.

Mesin dengan kode 2GD-FTV tersebut diklaim mampu menghasilkan tenaga sebesar 149 tk dengan torsi badak, yakni 400 Nm. Spesifikasi dari mesin tersebut pun sampai saat ini dianggap cocok untuk diaplikasi Maung yang telah diuji ketangguhannya.

https://amp.kompas.com/otomotif/rea...reng-pindad-buat-bikin-maung-ini-kata-toyota-
OMG Finally Pindad make this move. I hope they can get this momentum going, with large batch order like this Pindad should be able to work with automotive industry. Specially if they going to sell this Maung as civilian SUV as well. Tho I think that 2.5L turbo diesel engine need some more power for military purposes but if Toyota somehow agree then they can get it done. If we know the history of Kijang then this one should be doable and with Toyota behind them it would be easier for the bank to give a green light as they would be more confident about the quality of the product.

20200724_195715.jpg

i hope our marine would get the vest like what dankormar wear .....

I just hope everyone standardizes ALL their infantry equipment so we can stop with everyone looking like an airsofter.

At the very least just have guidelines on what color the vests/pouches/backpacks should be and how the uniform cut are supposed to look.

Turks more than the Ukrainian
Turks trust ukrainian and ukrainian trust turks so vice versa. Ukraine give engine turks give drone.

Btw turks making their own AAM for their f16...
Milgem included as kornas
Yes dulu, in wikipedia still emntioned milgem for kornas. And milgem now have frigate size type (more like dstroyer from the tonnage

Oh the legedary frosch, one of pride DDR besidr parchim

Turks trust ukrainian and ukrainian trust turks so vice versa. Ukraine give engine turks give drone.
They don't really trust them more so they're pretty much forced to as a result of Erdogan's crusade in Syria and him trying to play superpower.

I read in one of the comment of alman helvas post, said that the USD 2 billion, our share in KFX program dont include the 50 jets we're gonna get. is it true ? I always thought that the contract includes the 50 planes. silly me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom