What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

The most pressing thing currently is to maximize the Corvette and Frigate fleets with ASW, ASuW, and AAW weapons along with hulls. Introducing Destroyers and LPH should not be a priority since we have trouble maintaining fleet readiness as is.
Based and underrated.

The most pressing thing currently is to maximize the Corvette and Frigate fleets with ASW, ASuW, and AAW weapons along with hulls. Introducing Destroyers and LPH should not be a priority since we have trouble maintaining fleet readiness as is.

Well as it is, our budget management is still shitty beyond compare. Maintenance issue, logistic issue, and so on should be addressed first.

The USA will sell Indonesia eight Boeing AH-64E Apache Longbow helicopters in a deal worth $500 million.
In September 2012, the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) notified congress that Jakarta was seeking eight Apaches in the US Army's new Block III configuration, with the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) deal to include four APG-78 Longbow fire control radars. The sale would also cover the supply of further equipment and services, including an armaments package to include 120 Lockheed Martin AGM-114 Hellfire air-to-surface missiles.

At the time, the DSCA valued the deal at $1.4 billion. Given FMS conventions, this value likely included elements such as weapons and long-term, complete lifecycle support for the helicopters.

https://www.flightglobal.com/usa-and-indonesia-formalise-ah-64e-apache-deal/110904.article

FYI the reason why DSCA acquisition have a high price number are explained in this article related to our apache. The osprey should have similar reason why the dsca contract price is high. These number are not fixed number, rather it is an estimation or potential sales that include weapons, spare parts, etc for years to come. these is typical for acquisition through FMS method.

Be vigilant of disruption of state sovereignty amid COVID-19: TNI
8th Jul 2020 18:17

IMG-20200604-WA0063.jpg

Jakarta (ANTARA) - Indonesian Military (TNI) Commander Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto has urged prospective teenage cadets of the Indonesian Military (TNI) and National Police (Polri) to be watchful of disruption to state sovereignty in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.

"In the midst of this pandemic, we must also maintain constant vigil against various likely forms of disruption to sovereignty of the country, including in the North Natuna Sea and Papua," the TNI commander stated during a virtual address to 750 prospective teenage cadets of the Indonesian Military (TNI) and National Police (Polri) in Jakarta, Wednesday.

The TNI commander sought greater realization among the cadets on how vast and large the Indonesian state is.

"This is our responsibility, as the vanguard and the archipelago’s fortress, to maintain and guarantee its safety," Marshal Tjahjanto affirmed.

On the occasion, Marshal Tjahjanto congratulated all candidates for their achievements as well as their high levels of dedication while receiving education at the TNI Academy and Police Academy.

In the near future, cadets will be sworn in by President Joko Widodo to become TNI and Polri First Officers.

"After being inaugurated, the cadets will change their status to become TNI-Polri Officers, with the obligation and responsibility to serve the country. As officers, skills are necessary in line with the demands of duties and specialization in the unit," he pointed out.

After being inaugurated by the president, the cadets will partake in the subsequent educational stage before plunging into various fields of assignment.

"Some of you will become a platoon commander of the combat units, while some of you will be on duty aboard the Indonesian warship to protect the sovereignty of the country at sea, whereas some will train to become fighter pilots and some of you will be in the midst of the community to protect and provide services to maintain public security and order," he stated.
Related news: Jokowi tells prospective TNI, police cadets to uphold state ideology

Related news: President calls upon military, police cadets to safeguard Indonesia

EDITED BY INE

Translated by: Syaiful H, Azis Kurmala
Editor: Fardah Assegaf

https://en.antaranews.com/news/1520...uption-of-state-sovereignty-amid-covid-19-tni

https://www.cnbcindonesia.com/news/...BYoEoRtx0I3hxsILzTi5-N_MqAAYdmDdl0zbdKZgX3iVw

Dubes Rusia: Prabowo ke Moskow Bahas Pembelian Sukhoi Su-35
NEWS - Rehia Sebayang, CNBC Indonesia

08 July 2020 14:28

e902f52c-63b1-498b-91df-5d5408cd57b3_169.jpeg

Foto: Duta Besar Rusia untuk Indonesia Lyudmila Vorobieva (CNBC Indonesia/Rehia)

could the osprey be a counterbalance of this ? or the russian are just trying to comfort themselves ?
LOL and the drama continues. I honestly eager to see the final conclusion of this drama. Rumors flying around about the deal being switched to other Russians defense products. Imho until we have picked and formally signed a contract for other double engine fighters this SU35 options would still be on the table for a while, and like the movie series episode (TV Series) this thing is still going to roll on up until the "season" end. :blah::blah: :D:D

There is no bank guarrantor for such deals, and no one willing to facing such risk.

Btw for what Indonesia getting Su 35 when the supposed threat from up North already Made comprehensive research on them and Made adjustment for their own fleets.

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/a...NqksbHuKKQPna_DQTQyfFF8paluKwrKQ5TW66b28v7sfc
Well in politics nothing is constant. And I think as long as there are still orba era generals working in our defense systems then the word diversify sources will still be strong. What wee need to do is projecting the current geopolitic dynamic and plan base on that. Pushing on diverisification blindly would shoot our own foot in the end.

Tho I think we failed to seize the opportunity when James Mattis was still in office and even after he left. The way I see it after he left the office we shoulda just go ahead making big purchase of US made defense products such as Viper, Hercules, etc as already planned before. Idk why we were too dang slow to see the changes in US gov and analyze the situation for our advantage.

Anyway I have read that article and impress by what China did with SU35. And I agree with you on this, SU35 should be formally be dropped and look for another twin engine fighter. Someone in power should stop this crazy drama and move on, so we can start to work on the alternative because as long as we only have 1 tanker for now and another 2 in plan it still wont be enough. We still going to need double engine fighter with good range and able to do maritime strike.

May I inquire further regarding this? First time ever hearing this thing
Rencana setelah MEF yah?

Done some googling and found about Ideal Essential Force.
Rencana pengembangan kekuatan menuju Ideal Essential Force (IEF) periode 2024-2039 sedikitnya membutuhkan penambahan 348 unit pesawat.

https://www.airspace-review.com/201...perlu-menambah-348-unit-pesawat-untuk-tni-au/
Not much, i only get the planning for AL. I think we're going for OEF phase first after that there will be IEF

Likrly the v22 issue is a hot ball. Something happen, some said like that. It is true?

Likrly the v22 issue is a hot ball. Something happen, some said like that. It is true?

Woow ..Very interesting ... Is that a reason why there is still no "formal confirmation" from your MoD ? Is it true that there is no "good" coordination between your MoD and MoF in this case ?

Last edited:
Lol. Now according to AH tweet Indonesia did indeed submitted a Letter Of Request (LOR) for the MV-22 to the US.

Like i said before the US will not release a DSCA Notification if there is no LOR from Indonesia.

Back
Top Bottom