What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Thats why public (media and expert) should be critical on the price to know whether there is indeed mark up. And from I read on that US official statement about the contract value, the explanation is still quite general and we dont know the exact detail yet.

From previous experience on that AW helicopter deal, many (in PDF) has raised that there is corruption going on, but as always some members here always support the acquisition and blaim other member who raised the issue as not really understand the real specs and so on and so on. And it is proven that it has already become corruption case and look like some big man are involved since BPK is weirdly not yet audited the acquisition and KPK is still waiting BPK valuation until Today.

And those Apache corruption is about 12 million USD is quite big. How come he can get that 12 million USD without using markup method ?

Where the case is going now? Why they not implicated both Boeing and Agusta Westland? Why Indonesia not going to banned them?

Where the case is going now? Why they not implicated both Boeing and Agusta Westland? Why Indonesia not going to banned them?

The AW case is not finished yet, and if there is corruption usually it uses broker company from Indonesia, not directly from them.

I said almost right?
Dan coba perhatikan, gaungnya tetap ga terasa kan di publik awam. Klo military enthusiasts sih iya..

It is just posted 1 hour ago, we need to see how this news goes viral. As far as I know, general public dont read newspaper much, but dont understate online news and Youtube.
We may miss watching a news on TV but in this online and Youtube era the exact news can roll on again and again as most Indonesian have smartphone already. Maybe it can be a big topic next week on Karni Ilyas show, so we need to see for another 1-2 weeks to see the effect but the tone made by Kompas is already bad for this acquisition plan.

for this kind high profile assets better not going headline in mainstream media, many SJW and "pengamat jadi2an" will stir up the situation, they will start to compare the acuisition price with others and those russophile will ride on them

https://www.cnbcindonesia.com/news/...BYoEoRtx0I3hxsILzTi5-N_MqAAYdmDdl0zbdKZgX3iVw

Dubes Rusia: Prabowo ke Moskow Bahas Pembelian Sukhoi Su-35
NEWS - Rehia Sebayang, CNBC Indonesia

08 July 2020 14:28

e902f52c-63b1-498b-91df-5d5408cd57b3_169.jpeg

Foto: Duta Besar Rusia untuk Indonesia Lyudmila Vorobieva (CNBC Indonesia/Rehia)

could the osprey be a counterbalance of this ? or the russian are just trying to comfort themselves ?

Thats why public (media and expert) should be critical on the price to know whether there is indeed mark up. And from I read on that US official statement about the contract value, the explanation is still quite general and we dont know the exact detail yet.

From previous experience on that AW helicopter deal, many (in PDF) has raised that there is corruption going on, but as always some members here always support the acquisition and blaim other member who raised the issue as not really understand the real specs and so on and so on. And it is proven that it has already become corruption case and look like some big man are involved since BPK is weirdly not yet audited the acquisition and KPK is still waiting BPK valuation until Today.

And those Apache corruption is about 12 million USD is quite big. How come he can get that 12 million USD without using markup method ?
The main difference between the AW and the Opsrey is the FMS/FMF system. In the sense this is a government to government deal without a broker being involved. For the most part as this is Bell, even if they DO need a broker then PTDI is likely the one who is conducting all the work here in Indonesia. You are comparing apples to oranges.

And the Apache deal wasn't marked up, rather the general was the one who had control over the funds and secretly siphoned off bits and pieces of the money to other bank accounts throughout the entire contract run.

https://www.cnbcindonesia.com/news/...BYoEoRtx0I3hxsILzTi5-N_MqAAYdmDdl0zbdKZgX3iVw

Dubes Rusia: Prabowo ke Moskow Bahas Pembelian Sukhoi Su-35
NEWS - Rehia Sebayang, CNBC Indonesia

08 July 2020 14:28

e902f52c-63b1-498b-91df-5d5408cd57b3_169.jpeg

Foto: Duta Besar Rusia untuk Indonesia Lyudmila Vorobieva (CNBC Indonesia/Rehia)

could the osprey be a counterbalance of this ? or the russian are just trying to comfort themselves ?
Comfort themselves. It's going to take a lot more than a few Ospreys for Trump to relieve CAATSA.

The main difference between the AW and the Opsrey is the FMS/FMF system. In the sense this is a government to government deal without a broker being involved. For the most part as this is Bell, even if they DO need a broker then PTDI is likely the one who is conducting all the work here in Indonesia. You are comparing apples to oranges.

And the Apache deal wasn't marked up, rather the general was the one who had control over the funds and secretly siphoned off bits and pieces of the money to other bank accounts throughout the entire contract run.

Comfort themselves. It's going to take a lot more than a few Ospreys for Trump to relieve CAATSA.

Hope the Navy can acquire Arleigh Burke class as future Navy flagship

DSCA approval is before or after contract signing...? If before, what are the consequences if it's not followed up with a procurement contract...? or rather, how long is the validity period of the approval before it expires..? If let's say Trump is not re-elected this year and a new government is formed, will the old DSCA approval still be valid or does it need to be renewed with the new government...?

Hope there are 2nd batch iver more and better anti air missile
I believe there will be more than 2 of these ship.

4-6 iver + 2 mks180 would be great
I prefer those number of ship is all iver.

I think in the next decade we just focus to increase the number of iver, and replacing old corvette and other old ships and aiming for 12 subs. Between modernization and expansion of the fleet we need to balance it. Maybe in 2030-2035+ we can try to get new kind of big ship. IMO.

I think in the next decade we just focus to increase the number of iver, and replacing old corvette and other old ships and aiming for 12 subs. Between modernization and expansion of the fleet we need to balance it. Maybe in 2030-2035+ we can try to get new kind of big ship. IMO.
There's a planning for 2nd batch iver (or maybe 3rd) and destroyer plus lph aswell in OEF (Optimum Essential Forces)

Last edited:
The most pressing thing currently is to maximize the Corvette and Frigate fleets with ASW, ASuW, and AAW weapons along with hulls. Introducing Destroyers and LPH's should not be a priority since we have trouble maintaining fleet readiness as is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom