What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

I don't understand this kornas program. Heard it since first decade of 2000 then gone. Now revive again?
So what is the different wirh OPV program? Because I see corvette and opv in the same weight class and prolly same weapon systems (at least on OPV maket model)
That " Kornas " is the same programme as OPV just the terminology matter yet do you honestly believe we will use local designs ? ( as our private shipyards have low experience integrating complex military arms in single untested design platform and problems too sensitive i won't post them here )

Well don't hold breathe for this kind of list. We can't even afford to pay DP for C-130J.

Also for Viper, the need is not in the line with the budget.
Expect to get less than 10 units. Even that, it is almost 1 billion dollars. Sooo yeah...forget those in renbangkuat list for now.
F-16 V won't use APBN, it's PLN but according to some sources US Dept of State will approve 1st 8 units ( so there will be several batches instead the whole 24 units in FMS ), i hope our lobby to Congress can increase the number their Gov can approve. They'll still come fully armed & specs and worth in total 6 - 7 Billions US$ just come through several batch

5) " Kornas " programme is delayed not cancelled, i boldline this " delayed not cancelled " so far most likely DSNS will be our partner
does this means we will get more DPN class Corvette ?

That " Kornas " is the same programme as OPV just the terminology matter yet do you honestly believe we will use local designs ? ( as our private shipyards have low experience integrating complex military arms in single untested design platform and problems too sensitive i won't post them here )

F-16 V won't use APBN, it's PLN but according to some sources US Dept of State will approve 1st 8 units ( so there will be several batches instead the whole 24 units in FMS ), i hope our lobby to Congress can increase the number their Gov can approve. They'll still come fully armed & specs and worth in total 6 - 7 Billions US$ just come through several batch

Is there any conection from f16v that Will use PLN with increase defence budget with hammer munition? A posibility buying rafale using APBN maybe?

Well I didn't say OPV will use local design, did I?
I only comparing kornas program with OPV program in term of size and capability.

Yes, I aware just like most of big ticket items, the acquisition of Viper will use PLN. But what I know is even the loan is not as big as previously provided.

So Viper will use DCS i/o FMS just like C-130J ?
And the US congress still don't trust Indonesia to have directly 24units so it will come in batches?
Or just a matter of no money in wallet right now?

Is there any conection from f16v that Will use PLN with increase defence budget with hammer munition? A posibility buying rafale using APBN maybe?
If my memory serves me well, this hammer munitions already circulated for awhile now before the Viper and Rafale become a thing and suddenly shown up again.

Well I didn't say OPV will use local design, did I?
I only comparing kornas program with OPV program in term of size and capability.

Yes, I aware just like most of big ticket items, the acquisition of Viper will use PLN. But what I know is even the loan is not as big as previously provided.

So Viper will use DCS i/o FMS just like C-130J ?
And the US congress still don't trust Indonesia to have directly 24units so it will come in batches?
Or just a matter of no money in wallet right now?

If my memory serves me well, this hammer munitions already circulated for awhile now before the Viper and Rafale become a thing and suddenly shown up again.
Well since you mentioned OPV model,
Not a matter of political trust but rather the payment system that lead the procurement divided into several batch

Minister of Defence does take interest on Rafale but i don't know further development than from just interest into seriously take interest. No further rumours about it

4) There will amendement on armaments over the course of 6 years construction, let's say we're getting " destroyer " in disguise of frigate so expect the unexpectable on the amandement of contract.
Yeah that's why I take the current "published" armament specs of 16 VL Mica with a huge grain of salt. the PKR 10514 for example, was amended several times, from having limbo ASW mortar to Phalanx CIWS. As for Iver, we shall see if the amendment going to be better or another disappointment, as of lately, in our case, more often than not better heads will prevail.

Yeah that's why I take the current "published" armament specs of 16 VL Mica with a huge grain of salt. the PKR 10514 for example, was amended several times, from having limbo ASW mortar to Phalanx CIWS. As for Iver, we shall see if the amendment going to be better or another disappointment, as of lately, in our case, more often than not better heads will prevail.
It's not " published " how many times i have to say this ? it's " tweeted " and made into article by blogger and people do buying it. The armament specs already stated by me and some members in this group a while ago. Though the weapons pretty much the same but the quantities differ.

What we ought to discuss are the potential amandments on this ? What if i give u a hint on perhaps 32 Sylver-50, idk it opens to many interpretation.
How this ship will be our 1st one with Fixed Array AESA radar TRS-4D, and other interesting subsystems like MSSR 2000 IFF, and C-Flex CMS 16 consoles, torpedo defence systems ?
How these couple of ships made available with 720 millions USD, what other platforms we can get at such cost ?
The huge potential upgrades for 6000 tons vessel ?
The fact that these ships have greater endurance than any of our existing warships
That these ships will be the championed on our national datalink ( it relates anyway with that Greek contract ).

This Iver Huitfeldt Class regardless is a quantum leap to our Navy and as for weaponry, i wouldn't worry about it

Last edited:
It's not " published " how many times i have to say this ? it's " tweeted " and made into article by blogger and people do buying it. The armament specs already stated by me and some members in this group a while ago. Though the weapons pretty much the same but the quantities differ.
Hence why I put the word publish under quotations as a scare quote. Get on it.
upload_2020-7-2_9-50-22.png

And again what " grain of salt " over tweet & blogger written article, i've edited the previous comment i type and people barely notice those parts i mention
"grain of salt" = dose of scepticism. Really, you and I are on the same page, you've just misunderstand my post.

What we ought to discuss are the potential amandments on this ? What if i give u a hint on perhaps 32 Sylver-50, idk it opens to many interpretation.
How this ship will be our 1st one with Fixed Array AESA radar TRS-4D, and other interesting subsystems like MSSR 2000 IFF, and C-Flex CMS 16 consoles, torpedo defence systems ?
How these couple of ships made available with 720 millions USD, what other platforms we can get at such cost ?
The huge potential upgrades for 6000 tons vessel ?
The fact that these ships have greater endurance than any of our existing warships
That these ships will be the championed on our national datalink ( it relates anyway with that Greek contract ).

This Iver Huitfeldt Class regardless is a quantum leap to our Navy and as for weaponry, i wouldn't worry about it
Indeed, although we have discussed at length some of those points. Not much but wait and see at this point. Although, I'm interested in seeing what's TNI-AL have in mind for this ship in terms of role within the ORBAT, AAW role? GP frigate with flag ship role? ASW role?

"grain of salt" = dose of scepticism. Really, you and I are on the same page, you've just misunderstand my post.

Indeed, although we have discussed at length some of those points. Not much but wait and see at this point. Although, I'm interested in seeing what's TNI-AL have in mind for this ship in terms of role within the ORBAT, AAW role? GP frigate with flag ship role? ASW role?

General purpose frigate with provision for further upgrade and more room to do that

With lack of work for GMF, it is time to put some offset package for MRO work for our newly built fighter and helicopters for GMF. At least they are profit minded and had international trust from private commercial airlines companies to hold MRO work.

Back
Top Bottom