What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

It's because the Flips learned the hard way what happens when you don't have a standardized vehicle fleet and an outdated military formation and hierarchy. The reason that they are essentially looking to standardize their fleet of vehicles into only a few certain types with multiple variants along with reforming their army formations to that of the rapidly deploy-able US Brigade Combat Team structure is due to experiences in Marawi.

Hope we can do that at strategic level, Anoa had been a staple of Indonesia army standard APC or battle taxy, 400 more had been procured with 300 more will be on order by multi years scheme.

For IFV, i placed my hopes toward Pandur actually. With the army Kostrad acted as mobile forces, 8X8 offer much in simple footprint and logistick issue compared to tracked units.

It's in the plan.

Hope we can do that at strategic level, Anoa had been a staple of Indonesia army standard APC or battle taxy, 400 more had been procured with 300 more will be on order by multi years scheme.

For IFV, i placed my hopes toward Pandur actually. With the army Kostrad acted as mobile forces, 8X8 offer much in simple footprint and logistick issue compared to tracked units.
Personally I'd rather they just ditch the Pandur and make a family of tracked IFV's/support vehicles from the the Kaplan line to replace the plethora of tracked vehicles in service. Let more variants the Anoa take over the wheeled role from the old British vehicles.

btw Fincantineri had just won the new FFG(X) project of US NAVY, 10 new advanced frigates in which the design come from FREMM based design will be operational starting from 2026. This contract will be amounted for 5,6 billion US dollar. Expect the steroid version of 6,000 tonnes FREMM based on US made system and armaments to fight peer to peer conflict
The ship will be armed with up to 16 NSM, ni kapal bukan cuma buat pertahanan udara dan ngawal kapal lain, bakalan mantep buat face off lawan gugus kapal induk lain.

The ship will be armed with up to 16 NSM, ni kapal bukan cuma buat pertahanan udara dan ngawal kapal lain, bakalan mantep buat face off lawan gugus kapal induk lain.
Against CBG need larger ship or more submarine. This ship enough deter other coasties or playing boomb boom car with other navy

(As long as hull strong enough to play that, just remember venezuelan navy ship sunk after ramming other ship)

NSM is good missile, stealthy design and can used in f35. Only NSM and SOM that used on f35 and has new steatlhty desig as far i know

btw Fincantineri had just won the new FFG(X) project of US NAVY, 10 new advanced frigates in which the design come from FREMM based design will be operational starting from 2026. This contract will be amounted for 5,6 billion US dollar. Expect the steroid version of 6,000 tonnes FREMM based on US made system and armaments to fight peer to peer conflict.

For Indonesia? We can closely monitoring on how matured European design to be matched with US system, as we are currently entertain such ideas for ourselves
Actually it will be around 7500 tons , and they called it a small surface combatant.
Wonder just how big the arleigh burke successor will be? The so called large surface combatant

If the Bundesmarine's MKS 180 can be seen as a benchmark, it'd likely be in the 10,000-11,0000 range.

btw Fincantineri had just won the new FFG(X) project of US NAVY, 10 new advanced frigates in which the design come from FREMM based design will be operational starting from 2026. This contract will be amounted for 5,6 billion US dollar. Expect the steroid version of 6,000 tonnes FREMM based on US made system and armaments to fight peer to peer conflict.

For Indonesia? We can closely monitoring on how matured European design to be matched with US system, as we are currently entertain such ideas for ourselves
They're doing it as a response to this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hisutt...y-of-chinese-navys-anti-carrier-capabilities/

If anything it's pressing to build more PKR's and subs with increased Anti-ship capabilities now.

Find details here in post I made:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/finc...igate-competition.663867/page-2#post-12291669

@Chestnut @striver44

Wow, that's pretty interesting. Fincantineri has repeatedly bidded for contracts over here with little success. Hopefully with his win they'd have a stronger footing in future bids with the Navy.

Actually it will be around 7500 tons , and they called it a small surface combatant.
Wonder just how big the arleigh burke successor will be? The so called large surface combatant

They called it frigate while even with that kind of tonnage they are comparable with
Wow, that's pretty interesting. Fincantineri has repeatedly bidded for contracts over here with little success. Hopefully with his win they'd have a stronger footing in future bids with the Navy.

They should, and now the Navy want other sources as the Franco Dutch combo is rather expensive

Back
Top Bottom