What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

whatever, but I think Harpoons are much cheaper.Because what I mean by equip is buying in the hundreds.

Never happened

First, we are talking about Indonesia. Second, our capable platform for firing air launched Harpoon is relatively few in numbers, Hawk and F16.

Second, our capable platform for firing air launched Harpoon is relatively few in numbers, Hawk and F16.
they could go back to re-arm and make another sortie. we should learn from the israeli's in the six day war on how they manage to keep their planes more in the air rather than in the tarmac.

they could go back to re-arm and make another sortie. we should learn from the israeli's in the six day war on how they manage to keep their planes more in the air rather than in the tarmac.

We are talking about Indonesia

I'm sure another Chinese intrusion will make up for a good raison d etre

Rather quite frustrating about current administration, they should up d ante of modernization program five years ago, but those old man in ministry messed up a lot in financial discipline and fund allocation.

And the current MoD just starting to address the problem and made adjustments but now corona virus hit us in the knee.

What did he say?

Or just go all the way with NSM
he just give that word without context and ask me to either guessing between NASAMS and Oerlikon 35mm , im even more confused now lol .

maybe wait for a few day to give more clarity about this .

It's not forced into
Tell that to PUSENKAV, they told me and my old boss themselves.

It's not forced into,
It's not afterthought, the design Harimau based on, FNSS KAPLAN does have the engine mounted on the front, Harimau got it's engine on the back due to it's role as MT necessitate much lower frontal profile, provides accommodation for ammo stowage and reducing the chances of mobility kill in case of frontal arch penetration (it's thickest armor). As I said before modular chassis, not hull, you can put the engine wherever you want, shaped the hull however you want.
If they have to literally redesign the placement of things within the chassis then it's not really modular is it? Also, moving around the engine and internal equipment of a vehicle is not as easy or cheap as you think.

It's not forced into,
True, just because someone said so doesn't always make it true. But, based on report, news and current development proved that Harimau design does facilitate modular concept in mind.
Considering this is Indonesia, I think we can all agree it's better to get information straight from the source instead of relying on official press releases.

Then tell me how the tank crew can confirm whether their shot result in either mobility or complete kill by shooting the so called 'weak area'? they can't. They cannot confirm the vehicle harmless just because they shot at their engine/gun/tracks. That's why they need to shot a target multiple time as fast as possible, preventing them from retaliate until either the target get deformed out of shape/burned/explode before they can declare that the threats has been eliminated.
They can't by eyeballing the damage of course, but they can confirm it's a K-kill or an M-kill by observing the crew's reactions and the resulting damage from their shots. It's pretty hard to mistake a K-kill when the blowout panels explode outwards.

Said that to the British CVR(T) family.
And? The Ajax that replaces them completely shifted the design philosophy into one common chassis/hull. What's your point?

Never happened

First, we are talking about Indonesia. Second, our capable platform for firing air launched Harpoon is relatively few in numbers, Hawk and F16.

Can Hawk really carry Harpoons? I thought its too heavy for the Hawks

and yea I don't know why Air Force lacks Maritime Strike capability other than the Kh-31A's either, but I think we should try and invest in newer air-launched AShM, I think AShM like Exocet and Harpoons are going to be outdated soon despite new variants

and yea I don't know why Air Force lacks Maritime Strike capability other than the Kh-31A's either, but I think we should try and invest in newer air-launched AShM, I think AShM like Exocet and Harpoons are going to be outdated soon despite new variants
harpoon have high availability rate , want's a newer cruise / anti ship missile ? technically the turkish Tubitak SOM or Norway kongsberg JSM is also a good choice but lack in availabilty (thus more expensive compared to harpoon).
180227-F-HP195-1070.JPG

GtOZRVvB1VExY20e20nk1OW8C5_XLWhIpAw4_mwaYlZv9zyeuzpdNrQ3UGxXPcE1lJ49yMazOsKGqxdO0XpevFKBRv_Slr0wW-y_tfhK7_izq4cq68sVvfkjNpwA6qIHo94o8IEetKI-JDwbPzeOwQ

Tubitak-Sage+for+the+Turkish+Undersecretariat+for+Defence+Industries.+turkish+air+force+f-16+jsf+f-35+f-4+2020+Foto+Haber-650-%25C4%25B0lk+yerli+seyir+f%25C3%25BCzesi+180+300+cruise+missile+%25284%2529.JPG

Tubitak-Sage+for+the+Turkish+Undersecretariat+for+Defence+Industries.+turkish+air+force+f-16+jsf+f-35+f-4+2020+Foto+Haber-650-%25C4%25B0lk+yerli+seyir+f%25C3%25BCzesi+180+300+cruise+missile+%25283%2529.JPG

Hmmm...
US light tank Mobility Protection Firepower (MPF) by General Dynamic
FB_IMG_1587726692639.jpg

82185537_893960754340613_7912166960027140096_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom