What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

The issue was spamming of discord links. He (Chestnut) has been perma-banned.

I am unfamiliar with the warnings he may have received prior to this on the issue.

That doesn't make any sense at all. I've never notice him spamming any link at all. But then again I had bad experience with the overall situation in this forum from the abundance of troll, buzzer, to my posting being deleted, etc so I'm not surprised to see baseless acquisition being made toward Indonesian poster here

Its taller because the harimau is meant to be an infantry support not a tank. It meant to fight alongside infantry so it has to have an elevated view to clearly see the battlefield & provide proper supports when needed.
it's taller in dimension and hull because it was meant to accomodate the new CMI CT-CV105 , which the gun have elevation over 42 degree so the gun breech have enough room to actually elevate that much in harimau platform.

well
Not as extreme as this. I don't hate this tank. But I hope at least pindad-fnss fix it.
maybe you are right well just hope for the best

it's taller in dimension and hull because it was meant to accomodate the new CMI CT-CV105 , which the gun have elevation over 42 degree so the gun breech have enough room to actually elevate that much in harimau platform.
thanks for helping answer

Its taller because the harimau is meant to be an infantry support not a tank. It meant to fight alongside infantry so it has to have an elevated view to clearly see the battlefield & provide proper supports when needed.
So?

The issue was spamming of discord links. He (Chestnut) has been perma-banned.

I think he would need to reach through the PDF email (contact@defence.pk) direct to webby to explain if he wants to rejoin here (dunno if anyone can reach him someway)

I am unfamiliar with the warnings he may have received prior to this on the issue.

So it turns out, I have some mutual friends in real life with Chestnut, I've had a friend of mine contact him and he said he already emailed contact@defence.pk, sorry i'm new in this forum, is there a private messaging feature here so I can send you guys his email?

Constantly trying to make this thread into his backyard chat club and refuses to abide by the norm to use English, for nothing but a ridiculous childish mindset, is wholly unsuitable for mature discussion. Rather than admitting being a divider, troublemaker in the place, instead he drags it further and further by being a prick, and edgelord around.

Btw does anyone have any info if the Iver Huitfeldt-class acquisition will still go on with everything thats going on right now? especially with a certain politician backing it up? since I heard some contracts will be under review on whether they will be accepted, cancelled or pending and for the armaments I heard it might just use VL MICA is that true? and can it be upgraded afterwards to something like Aster 15/30?

Btw does anyone have any info if the Iver Huitfeldt-class acquisition will still go on with everything thats going on right now? especially with a certain politician backing it up? since I heard some contracts will be under review on whether they will be accepted, cancelled or pending and for the armaments I heard it might just use VL MICA is that true? and can it be upgraded afterwards to something like Aster 15/30?
based on Alman post and prabowo / luhut speech about agreement in procuring heavy frigate , i think it's still a go and the tender process between Hensoldt/Terma team up vs Thales are still ongoing for the electronic sensor and subsystem , but expect some downgrade , dalam keadaan kaya gini sebener nya gapapa FFBNW asal dalam ranah persenjataan nya aja , untuk wadah nya kalau bisa sudah dipasang kaya universal VLS macal SYLVER , VL MICA pun bisa dipasang di SYLVER series , dan tentu nya elektronika nya jangan sampai FFBNW kalau bisa kaya radar sensor jammer CMS etc .

dan siap siap juga berekspetasi platform rudal antikapal / jelajah baru , itu sales nya dari kemarin udah gencar banget masarin sampe ketemu petinggi AL , dan kebetulan di eropa angkatan laut NATO hampir sebagian banyak udah mulai pakai itu rudal juga .

If it's true then we might just order follow on PKR 10514.
There's no point in having big boats with minuscule muscle on it.
Heck we might be better with KCR 60s

I got it from a formil group on facebook and it seemed there was a paper leaked that specified VL MICA as the air defense for the future frigates, not sure if its true though. Which is why I was wondering if we can upgrade to better air defense afterwards like Aster-15/30 or even SM series if US approves.

Also even if it only has VL MICA, I think the higher tonnage of the Iver Huitfeldt-class will still be worth it so we can operate in higher sea states if needed, I think QZ 8501 SAR operation showed the need for higher tonnage vessels for both war and peace time purposes, just my 2 cents here

based on Alman post and prabowo / luhut speech about agreement in procuring heavy frigate , i think it's still a go and the tender process between Hensoldt/Terma team up vs Thales are still ongoing for the electronic sensor and subsystem , but expect some downgrade , dalam keadaan kaya gini sebener nya gapapa FFBNW asal dalam ranah persenjataan nya aja , untuk wadah nya kalau bisa sudah dipasang kaya universal VLS macal SYLVER , VL MICA pun bisa dipasang di SYLVER series , dan tentu nya elektronika nya jangan sampai FFBNW kalau bisa kaya radar sensor jammer CMS etc .

dan siap siap juga berekspetasi platform rudal antikapal / jelajah baru , itu sales nya dari kemarin udah gencar banget masarin sampe ketemu petinggi AL , dan kebetulan di eropa angkatan laut NATO hampir sebagian banyak udah mulai pakai itu rudal juga .
Let me guess, RBS-15?

F16 MLU on the background

Well if they're chosing VL MICA's atleast give it a complement of atleast 32x vls.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom