What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

With optics, as it is more easier to get commission from such purchase

ati2x ngritik ntar kena banned juga lho :p:

Even regular infantry too?
Too short!
It's gonna be the exact same or with some changes?
How about make it 363mm barrel length like M4?

The length is good for CQB though. But for regular patrol its too short

Don't know about what happened, I and @Chestnut got several different view before but, as usual we can get along and contribute much for this forum and not put report button here's like a child who got tantrums.

Well I found it amusing when new member trying to push above the weight, and disrupt the balance of discussion here. The Indonesian thread forum here is one of the best currently available for military modernization news and clues, and me and along with several oldies here tried not to pester new member here too much and let them learn and grow up. Not even the only elite here like @Indos . Report for banning is too much and I would like to do something to put the balance back again

I extremely doubt it is any new member who made the report. I can easily guess what will happen next, but the last time I was come very close of doxxing someone (a pelarian glodok troll) my post were deleted.

View attachment 625722 View attachment 625723 View attachment 625724 View attachment 625725
Newer version of Pindad SS2 v5. issued to Denpandu Taikam
(Detasemen Pandu Pengintaian Keamanan, Detachment Scout Recon and Security)

The unit is a company sized unit attached to Airborne brigade which its role is for intelligence gathering and spearhead for airborne assault.

There are rumours that this variant of SS2 will become standards for Indonesian Army
do pindad experimenting on other materials for our SS series like said HandGuard/Barrel Guard/Barrel Shroud , Rail , Popor (Stock) made from weapon grade polymer or maybe other lightweight reliable materials ?

sad to hear what happened to chestnut account , someone in the top really trigger happy with that ban hammer button eh .

Actually i want ask chestnut how could pindad wrong in designing tank that unfit for Indonesian crew. Likely everything designed with anthropometry etc (i just learn about it) and what is another kaplan faulty.

Btw, are there any attempt to locally produce vehicle engine? In range 500-750 HP?
View attachment 625722 View attachment 625723 View attachment 625724 View attachment 625725

The unit is a company sized unit attached to Airborne brigade which its role is for intelligence gathering and spearhead for airborne assault.

There are rumours that this variant of SS2 will become standards for Indonesian Army
Denpadnu taikam is new organization, pantes baru tau. So ss2 v5 have BUIS good design. I think better ss2 eliminate that carrying handle and change with conventional sight. Cmiiw. Many ar 15 product now didnt have carrying handle. Some cosmetic design maybe changing stock like cz 805 is good hehehe

Just curious why in ss2 we eliminate that dust cover. Fnc uniqe feature and reliability in some review out there is the dust cover that close "slot" of charging handle when moving. So it is protect the slot. Like AK 47, this rifle dust cover is the safety lever, if safety off, so the slot is exposed and vunerable for dirt amd mud. Are in ss2 has "a thingy" that prevent mud and dirt entering the rifle whe charging handle moving?

Last edited:
Actually i want ask chestnut how could pindad wrong in designing tank that unfit for Indonesian crew. Likely everything designed with anthropometry etc (i just learn about it) and what is another kaplan faulty.

Btw, are there any attempt to locally produce vehicle engine? In range 500-750 HP?

Denpadnu taikam is new organization, pantes baru tau. So ss2 v5 have BUIS good design. I think better ss2 eliminate that carrying handle and change with conventional sight. Cmiiw. Many ar 15 product now didnt have carrying handle
i think locally producing an engine is beyond our capability , license at its best .

Dua Kapal Cepat Rudal Satkat Koarmada II Latihan Bersama Di Laut Jawa
upload_2020-4-21_20-38-54.png

93991085_248886303007459_6297428021019338050_n.jpg

Ditengah melaksanakan tugas operasi laut, KRI Sampari-628 bersama KRI Layang-635 di bawah kendali Gugus Tempur Laut (Guspurla) Koarmada II memanfaatkan kesempatan yang baik tersebut untuk latihan bersama di perairan Laut Jawa, Sabtu (18/04) lalu.

“Latihan antara KRI Sampari dan KRI Layang memiliki karakteristik yang khas dibandingkan kapal jenis lain. Hal inilah yang menjadikan kami tetap latihan, agar naluri tempur terlatih dan profesionalitas prajurit tetap terjaga,” terang Letkol Laut(P) Harprabu. Komandan KRI Sampari-628.

Kendati demikian Ia menambahkan jika seluruh rangkaian latihan yang dilaksanakan tetap mematuhi protokol kesehatan, yang sudah ditetapkan dan dianjurkan pemerintah untuk memutus rantai penularan Covid-19.

"Kita tetap dan selalu mengutamakan protokol kesehatan dalam setiap latihan , sebagaimana yang telah ditetapkan oleh pimpinan dalam mendukung pemerintah indonesia melawan covid-19" tegasnya.

https://koarmada2.tnial.mil.id/2020...kat-koarmada-ii-latihan-bersama-di-laut-jawa/

Still a long way to go for some heavy duty engines.

Marine Diesel Engine produced by PT Boma Bisma Indra (BBI)

ERxIaMBWsAA_4_C

Working process in one of Toyota Indonesia Manufacturing engine factories. This factory uses steel to make engine block. In total, there are two factories (Plants) producing steel engine block and one factory producing aluminium engine block.

092501600_1453044695-Casting_Plant.jpg

Satisfied to see the process of making chassis and car body, Liputan6.com moves to the Casting Plant facility of PT Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indonesia at Plant 2 Sunter, North Jakarta. Here the room is so hot.

092299700_1453044813-masak_besi.jpg

The remaining material in the form of steel plates used in the manufacture of the frame and body is not discarded, but taken to the Casting Plant and then melted. This material is used to print engine blocks coded 1TR for Kijang Innova and 2TR owned by Fortuner.

061536900_1453045278-tuang_besi.jpg

After heating to a temperature of 1,500 degrees Celsius, the steel pulp is poured into a printing container. It is said, operators at this level have high skills because it requires more concentration and precision in pouring the steel pulp "dough". Therefore TMMIN does not carelessly place people in this position.

005816700_1453044772-Cetak_mesin.jpg

In the process of printing the engine block, TMMIN uses sand material. Why sand, because in addition to heat resistance this material can be melted down and reused. New sand can melt in a temperature of 1,800 degrees Celsius.

049507200_1453044659-blok_mesin.jpg

In one day, the Casting Plant in Plant 2 Sunter was able to produce 1,000 Kijang Innova and Fortuner engine blocks. Once finished, the engine block is sent to Plant 1 for finishing.

053515800_1453044728-cek_mesin.jpg

The outside and inside of the engine block are removed by 2 millimeters so that the surface is smooth and does not leave remnants of mold.

042069000_1453045244-tes_mesin.jpg

The engine that have been assembled are tested for their abilities. In the process of testing the time set is not long. This engine is not only to meet domestic needs but also exported to 70 destination countries.

049786600_1453044893-mesin.jpg

The engines to be exported are wrapped in plastic containers and then packed in special packages. For the domestic market this engine is sent to the Karawang factory to be assembled and become a whole car.

https://www.liputan6.com/otomotif/read/2415761/melongok-pembuatan-mesin-mobil-toyota

Yeah me too.

1. Chestnut need to chill.
2. Don't blame the other one, we don't know who pressed the report button, i believe mods judgement, its not like they have horses in this race.
3. Lets try get new member active, and let them get used with the discussion here.
4. If someone believe that chestnut is trying to influence other member with his opinion, then you just need to counter it the right way.
5. Some viewed indonesian member here is too Nato centric? Non-Nato fanboy please join and lets have discussion.

I think the ban is only for a few day.
Many other old member is not active any more.

Yes, ask mods in charge of this section (China and Far East). Or ask webmaster that have complete authority over this site.

Yes someone need clarified why he ask mod to banned the user that have well contribute in this forum

Ok then, let's move on for a while

Last edited:

SEEEEXY AF!!

The statement is so bombastic, oh... its people from the house of representative, ah them and their plesiran.

T 72 B3 is premium stuff compared to their M model. And technically and price wise they are more better alternative compared to "sorry to say PINDAD Harimau medium tank

a medium tank is imo more pressing. We don't engage in massive tank battles like in the past, 105mm guns firing HEAT and HESH rounds for anti fortifications and infantry support is enough. The task to destroy MBT's should be with the infantry (ATGM) and drones/helo's

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom