What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Alman's Twit about Terma offers for Indonesia's iver huitfeldt:
- Hensoldt TRS-4D fixed array,
- Terma Scanter 4603 12' Compact,
- Hensoldt MSSR 2000
- Indra Rigel RESM/RECM

Still no Smart-L equivalent :undecided:
But it still better that Thales offers (oversized Martadinata class)...
I think :whistle:

Do our navy think Terma as supplier ecek2 ??

For light fighter program we should looking for appropriate design like Textron scorpion or Cezch made light fighter aircraft. Well if want to closing at all our defense industry relationship with South Korean....
*cough cough SAAB
Ask their assistance.

- Hensoldt MSSR 2000
- Indra Rigel RESM/RECM

No, Hensoldt radars are ridiculously good radars. They just don't offer something in the range of a Smart-L. And frankly, I think the Navy isn't looking at the Smart-L or any long range radar.

No, Hensoldt radars are ridiculously good radars. They just don't offer something in the range of a Smart-L. And frankly, I think the Navy isn't looking at the Smart-L or any long range radar.
Do our navy share the same idea?

*cough cough SAAB
Ask their assistance.

Build one from scracth or getting license production? IMHO, getting license production is more suited to us, compared to build from scracth as we can save a lot of effort for glitch and so on

- Hensoldt MSSR 2000
- Indra Rigel RESM/RECM

more likely going to look alike germany baden württemberg class (which i actually hate) , they will probably use a 4 facing antenna bulge mast for the TRS-4D , terma was never ecek ecek , i think they just unpopular and underrated in this term , cuman kalo sampe TRS-4D nya pake single antenna yang muter muter (rotating) ini sih keterlaluan , mending lanjut PKR aja kalo kaya gitu .
upload_2020-4-14_20-21-39.png

upload_2020-4-14_20-30-21.png

sebelum nya dia udah nge listing beberapa kandidat untuk radar nya juga , dan dari list situ menurut saya kalau emang mau ga nanggung radar nya untuk yang multimode tanpa dedicated long range volume search kaya SMART-L tapi masih punya kemampuan volume search jarak jauh serupa , Elta EL/M-2248 MF-STAR pilihan nya , ga ada yang lain , dan dengan radar aesa buatan wahyudi itu udah bisa dipanggil destroyer beneran .

Build one from scracth or getting license production? IMHO, getting license production is more suited to us, compared to build from scracth as we can save a lot of effort for glitch and so on
i actually kinda agree on SAAB , they have so much prototype with potential being a good fighter .
Saab_B3LA.JPG

c8b89962a09da54cbd36bb2dec98a46f4275cb36.jpg

0d40b651-9cb6-46ac-806a-8e07ea760c25%5B1%5D.jpg

Last edited:
can someone confirmed or give detalis about this ss2 v1 mar(marinir or marinized?) or any of small arms for the Marines? thanks

btw what kinda stuff they questioned or budge they refuse tho?
Wait, in some discussion in ig many poeple said there no marinized ss2 buat maube it is new product?
Nah some of them anti US pro China lol. Even more in quora some Indonesian always said if not buy russian just buy Chinese beacuse we are Aussie and Spore enemy. LOL.

Btw how we anticipated if Western (US/France) suddenly put us on embargo if we use all US made aircraft ? Diversification buy russian or just like turkish do, hoarding spare part and ToT? (But they are nato :) )
Or black market ?????

more likely going to look alike germany baden württemberg class (which i actually hate) , they will probably use a 4 facing antenna bulge mast for the TRS-4D , terma was never ecek ecek , i think they just unpopular and underrated in this term , cuman kalo sampe TRS-4D nya pake single antenna yang muter muter (rotating) ini sih keterlaluan , mending lanjut PKR aja kalo kaya gitu .
View attachment 623531
C5Ex1jz.jpg

sebelum nya dia udah nge listing kandidat untuk radar nya juga , dan dari list situ menurut saya kalau emang mau ga nanggung radar nya hanya yang multimode tanpa long range volume search kaya SMART-L tapi masih punya kemampuan volume search jarak jauh serupa , Elta EL/M-2248 MF-STAR pilihan nya , ga ada yang lain , dan dengan radar aesa buatan wahyudi itu udah bisa dipanggil destroyer beneran .

i actually kinda agree on SAAB , they have so much prototype with potential being a good fighter .
Saab_B3LA.JPG

c8b89962a09da54cbd36bb2dec98a46f4275cb36.jpg
Hensoldt TRS-4D fixed array

Harus jet ya?
Want to make something like A10?

Well from the LFX model its a light weight stealth jet, so.... build from scratch.
For the TX program SAAB assisted boeing to develop T-7 and its quite good, and also with vigen, draken and gripen they are quite experienced with light weight single engine jet fighter.
640px-Two_parked_Boeing_T-Xs_%28181005-F-PO640-0021%29.JPG

They are interested with tempest program though I don't know that they will participate as partner or consultant, so i guess we only ask for their assistance.
Hm... tidak menutup kemungkinan for joint development of new fighter with them, very low possibility tho.

Well from the LFX model its a light weight stealth jet, so.... build from scratch.
For the TX program SAAB assisted boeing to develop T-7 and its quite good, and also with vigen, draken and gripen they are quite experienced with light weight single engine jet fighter.
640px-Two_parked_Boeing_T-Xs_%28181005-F-PO640-0021%29.JPG

They are interested with tempest program though I don't know that they will participate as partner or consultant, so i guess we only ask for their assistance.
Hm... tidak menutup kemungkinan for joint development of new fighter with them, very low possibility tho.

Well something in the range of F/A 50 or JF17 with super sonic capability, able to carry range of munitions and sensor pod with provision around 2,5 - 4 tonnes combat carriage, not really must to carry AESA radar as it is not for frontline combatant units but able to accomodate Link 16 and carry radar for firing BVR missiles is a must, with combat range radius around 600-800 km well range will drop more if you carry lo lo air superiority profile mission. With ferry range around 2400 km with three drop tanks.

Range prices should be around 30-50 million US dollar per piece to make it acceptable though for current Indonesia wallet

Hensoldt TRS-4D fixed array

Harus jet ya?
Want to make something like A10?

A10 is a beast though, not really we can afford to getting such mighty cannon. Light fighter aircraft like to supplemented our current number.

But i am more inclined to joint Boeing Australian DoD loyal wingman program though, they are very promising and when we can acquire F16 V, F 35 and Wedgetail as parents aircraft thats a real force multiplier.

I wanna to bring my needle there

Well something in the range of F/A 50 or JF17 with super sonic capability, able to carry range of munitions and sensor pod with provision around 2,5 - 4 tonnes combat carriage, not really must to carry AESA radar as it is not for frontline combatant units but able to accomodate Link 16 and carry radar for firing BVR missiles is a must, with combat range radius around 600-800 km well range will drop more if you carry lo lo air superiority profile mission. With ferry range around 2400 km with three drop tanks.

Range prices should be around 30-50 million US dollar per piece to make it acceptable though for current Indonesia wallet
I think it will use 2 drop tanks.

This Lapan Fighter Experiment should not be competing with PT DI KFX/IFX, I am okay to drop LFX in favour of KFX/IFX.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom