What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Guys, Does Anyone Know About 2 Remaining PKR Status or PKR 3&4. I Heard Many Times That Indo Replace It With Another 2 Iver, so 4 iver & 2 Pkr, is that true?

IMO they will classify Cn235&C295 as tactical mpa
Yea but they can also be "strategic" with AKS/AKP capability tho it might NOT be as good as the P8. But looking at the budget standpoint and the pressure of involving local company manufacture then they prolly going to settle for less if the budget say so. We'll see :D

Idk if they ever sell one before, afaik its only just a conceptual design but PT.DI should be able to produce one if the navy needed. Just like Airbus with their C295MPA below with more avionics/sensors systems inside.

https://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/cn235mp/

CN-235 MPA Indonesian Navy variant
The Indonesian Ministry of Defence and Security ordered 24 CN-235 aircraft, including six for the Indonesian Navy maritime reconnaissance squadron and three for the Indonesian Air Force.

THALES and IPTN signed a memorandum Of agreement in May 2000 for the supply of three CN235 aircraft manufactured by IPTN and equipped with AMASCOS from Thales Airborne Systems, to the Indonesian Air Force. The AMASCOS airborne maritime situation control system includes the Ocean Master search radar produced by Thales and EADS Deutschland, the Elettronica ALR 733 radar warning receiver, the Chlio thermal imager developed by Thales Optronique, the Gemini navigation computer from Thales (formerly Sextant) Avionics and the AN/ASQ-508 magnetic anomaly detection (MAD) system from CAE.

There are three hardpoints under each wing that can carry Harpoon anti-ship missiles. The Indonesian maritime patrol version can be fitted with two mk46 torpedoes or Exocet M-39 air-launch anti-ship missiles.

https://www.naval-technology.com/projects/c295maritimepatrolai/

Avionics systems onboard the multirole maritime patrol aircraft
The C295 MPA is fitted with an advanced integrated avionics system. The avionics suite consists of four liquid crystal displays and associated control units.

A set of geophysical sensors provide attitude, heading and air data information. Other subsystems include an AHRS (attitude and heading reference system), an ADS (air data system), a FMS (flight management system) and an automatic flight control system.

The aircraft is fitted with a fully integrated tactical system (FITS) for mission control.

The system comprises a range of sensors and components including search radar, electro-optic / infrared sensors (EO/IR), electronic support measures (ESM) / an electronic intelligence system (ELINT), COMINT, a magnetic anomaly detector (MAD), an IFF interrogator, a SATCOM, a datalink and a Link-11.

Other subsystems include acoustics systems, an automatic identification system (ais) and sea pollution detection systems.

The FITS ASW version underwent operational evaluation (OPEVAL) and conducted anti-submarine and anti-surface missions during Nato exercises.

Weapon systems of the widely used C295 maritime patrol aircraft
The C295 has up to six underwing hard points for weapon systems. The hard points can hold torpedoes, anti-surface missiles, mines and depth charges.

A C295 MPA anti-submarine variant has successfully conducted its first torpedo launch test in May 2010.

The aircraft is equipped with self-protection equipment including cockpit armour, a radar warning receiver (RWR), a missile approach warning system (MAWS) and a laser warning receiver (LWR).

The aircraft can fire chaff / flares to deceive the incoming radar-directed anti-aircraft artillery (AAA), radar command-guided missiles, radar homing guided missiles and infrared guided missiles.

Panser intai amfibi? Are they continuing for another btr4 or additional russian btr80s?
Marines don't like btr 80 and btr 4 so i think they will go for pandur with improved amphibious capabilities

Panser intai amfibi? Are they continuing for another btr4 or additional russian btr80s?

Aligator and Tatrapan amphibious vehicle

Utility helicopter big chance is another Bell 412EP, attack helicopter big chance Viper and earlier variants as they are had small footprint to be deployed from any of our lpd or even LST,

self propelled AA gun? Got no idea

bisa makin geer dan besar kepala deh warga +62 ma kabar kaya gini, anggap hiburan di sore hari hahhahaha
B4v776gFvsT

damn I'll be waiting for that, my prediction for the interesthing Things for Navy and Marines:

KRI : might be all kinda stuff they needed, Frigate,OPV,KCR,LPD,PC,Etc
Pesud Patmar : either cn235 or c295 mpa
Heli latih : might be colibri or something came from europe especially from airbus helo like h135/145, i dont think US will pretty much offer the training helo.
Fixed Wing Medium Cargo Plane : more cn235 or c295
Heli Utility : Might Be Another Panther Or Seahawk Romeo
Heli Serang : Either it will be viper or ka-50/52/havoc or either hind
Pesud Patmar Staregis : Big Chances For Poseidon
Tank Amfibi Recovery : Might Be BMP-3 recovery/More BREM-L
Panser Intai Amfibi : This would be a hard prediction but it will be another wheeled IFV or APC(pandur or maybe other thing)
KAPA : damn would be another hard prediction, got no prediction for this so far
105mm arty : Prolly would be the biggest chance would be lg1 mk3 but the alternative might be l118 or something else
35mm AA : lol it would be the OER-GDF or its china copy
SPAA : Would be very interesting what marines wanted, it could be wheeled it could be tracked, pantsir/tunguska or avenger based humvee or south Korea SPAA. it's interesting
MLRS : Prolly another rm70 or local variant

btw AD looks pretty serious on their small arms and alat optics

Do you remember our representative watching korkut firing test?

It is amphibi, it use 35mm same with oer gdf

https://jakartagreater.com/delegasi-indonesia-tinjau-penembakan-korkut-spaag-aselsan/
But dont know lah

Ditambah kondisi negri ottoman lagi ribut + hal lain kd harus dpertimbangkan lagi.

ROTC? We have menwa but after regormation likely "not popular enough" also their image to another ormawa

If there are Rotc (that is like what Nike said before) i want joint but cannot cause my eye :(

Last edited:
Do you remember our representative watching korkut firing test?

It is amphibi, it use 35mm same with oer gdf

https://jakartagreater.com/delegasi-indonesia-tinjau-penembakan-korkut-spaag-aselsan/
But dont know lah

Ditambah kondisi negri ottoman lagi ribut + hal lain kd harus dpertimbangkan lagi.

ROTC? We have menwa but after regormation likely "not popular enough" also their image to another ormawa

If there are Rotc (that is like what Nike said before) i want joint but cannot cause my eye :(

that's why I actually don't suggest the korkut to be the next SPAAG, since turks are in big trouble currently, but if Indonesia wants to get some trouble yeah just pick korkut, but if they want alternative to western they should pick the SK version i Believe its k21 chassis (cmiiw)

speaking about ROTC, i hope they really implement it like USA but i dont think anytime soon indo could follow US steps u know like a bit widening the qualifications or requirements and simplify them like glass wearers are allowed, make a recruitment office, create JROTC, and then using contract system like US, so u could go reenlist or get your dd214 when your enlistment/contract done, and then you know for enlisted they give them GI Bills or anything that could help. and basically Officer or anything could go as a Field Officer or Grunt, basically copy the US but tried to sort things that appropriate for the Indonesia, but that's my suggestion. i still wanted to try the last attempt to join the Military Academy, 1st one was bad. doesnt made in panda. 2nd one was better but worse, doesnt made in panpus and this is the 3rd time tho, and im like 20 now. i have a minus on my right eye but i dont know how many and i have operation Scar on my back and neck, but still if i wasn't succeded either I'll join OCS later or either not joining armed forces

There's a SPAAG variant of the BMP-3 called the 2S38 ZAK-57. Seeing as the Marines operate on a tight budget it should be a no-brainer for them to buy something that shares parts with their most commonly fielded vehicle.

Attachments

• 2S38_BMP-3_PVO.jpg
    2S38_BMP-3_PVO.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 139
Its not coincidence lah my rants being heard by Mr Menhan suddenly :p::p: at least two days before the healing session with lawmaker.

Aligator and Tatrapan amphibious vehicle

Utility helicopter big chance is another Bell 412EP, attack helicopter big chance Viper and earlier variants as they are had small footprint to be deployed from any of our lpd or even LST,

self propelled AA gun? Got no idea
Alligator? Bukannya itu LVT lawas ya? And setau gua tatrapan gak punya amphibious capabilities ya?

(CMIIW)

Indonesia, US hope to maintain defense cooperation
12th Nov 2019 22:09

IMG-20191112-WA0051.jpg

Indonesian Minister of Defense receiving the visit of US Ambassador to Indonesia Joseph R Donoval Jr in Jakarta, Tuesday (12/11/2019). (ANTARA/HO/Ministry of Defense/ac)

Jakarta (ANTARA) - Governments of Indonesia and the United States sought cooperation and good relations, especially in the defense sector, based on the spirit of kinship and mutual respect. Such intentions were apparent in the meeting between Indonesian Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto and Ambassador of the United States to Indonesia, Joseph R Donovan Jr, according to a statement released by the Ministry's Public Relations offices received here, Tuesday.

The ambassador had made an honorary visit to the Defense Ministry and was accompanied by Deputy Chief of Mission Heather C Variava, Defense Attache Colonel Mike Spake, and Political Officer Steve Weston.

"The visit provided an opportunity for both parties to have discussions around efforts to strengthen mutually beneficial cooperation," said Head of the Ministry's Secretariat General Public Relations office, Brigadier General Totok Sugiharto.

Prabowo informed the ambassador and his team about several programs that have been prioritized by the Ministry of Defense, Sugiharto said.

Additionally, aside from receiving the visit of Ambassador Donovan, Prabowo separately received an honorary visit from Ambassador of Saudi Arabia to Indonesia, Esam A Abid. (INE)
Related news: Indonesia's seeks US cooperation in Indo-Pacific context
Related news: Indonesia concurs on intensifying bilateral relations with Russia, US

Editor: Suharto

COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2019
https://m.antaranews.com/en/news/136436/indonesia-us-hope-to-maintain-defense-cooperation

Back
Top Bottom