What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

No it wasn't because of that.

The actual reason was because of the Abrams high price both in construction and maintenance. A couple of the younger officers I work with went through the US Army armor course in Ft. Benning and they said they had no faith in TNI mechanics being able to keep the Abrams jet turbine engine running let alone its numerous electronic sub systems.

I work on the Leopards here. Earlier on, the TNI tankers weren't used to the constant preventive maintenance checks and regular engine checkups (tanks are like planes, they'll still break even if you just let them sit in their hangars) that you have to do on MBT's. Nowadays they've gotten used to the routine so everything is running pretty smoothly.
Thanks for the information,because petinggi nya sendiri yang ngomong begitu di berita,so far leopard is the most suitable for us eh if only we have anggaran tambahan leopard 2A4 bisa dimodernisasi ke 2 ri with amap+aps just for now lets fulfill medium tank and cobra 8x8 first, its a big no for us if we want procure new mbt in the future unless we want to build indigenous mbt im sure we'll buy altay/K2 for the ToT or we can cooperate with rheinnmetal for that for now i i really hope for our balitbang/pindad to make indigenous howitzer (yeah we really need that im not joking)

The actual reason was because of the Abrams high price both in construction and maintenance. A couple of the younger officers I work with went through the US Army armor course in Ft. Benning and they said they had no faith in TNI mechanics being able to keep the Abrams jet turbine engine running let alone its numerous electronic sub systems.

They have valid point

I work on the Leopards here.

Just curious does the Leopard 2RI use the Nano-Crystalline Steel armour (revolution upgrade package), or they still use the old ceramic armour from the A4 variant and merely add the AMAP-B heavy add-on armour on top of it? :undecided:

No it wasn't because of that.

I work on the Leopards here. Earlier on, the TNI tankers weren't used to the constant preventive maintenance checks and regular engine checkups (tanks are like planes, they'll still break even if you just let them sit in their hangars) that you have to do on MBT's. Nowadays they've gotten used to the routine so everything is running pretty smoothly.

Is there any plan to install active protection system ? Because its best to keep anykind of AT missile from even touching your armor first

https://pinterpolitik.com/andi-widjajanto-calon-menhan-baru/
Screenshot_20190914-180816_Chrome.jpg

New menhan from sipil and pengamat militer ?, this is interesting i think if he was choosen as the new menhan , we would get much more shiny toys in the future since he's also one of the people who proposed and as pelopor of our MEF program

Is there any plan to install active protection system ? Because its best to keep anykind of AT missile from even touching your armor first

View attachment 579269

New menhan from sipil and pengamat militer ?, this is interesting i think if he was choosen as the new menhan , we would get much more shiny toys in the future since he's also one of the people who proposed and as pelopor of our MEF program
Civilian Menhan are more often better than officers from TNI, cause there's less politics behind their appointment. Military experts do not and cannot offer any political favors to anyone, so their policy will be less affected by their cronies' wishes, and also, they won't have that TNI's rampant seniority and group thinking (Also pemikiran kolot) of outdated doctrine that would cloud their head at all time causing bad decision and policy.

Near impossible. Rheinmetall ADS is claimed to be the fastest reaction active design available today and use revolutionary technology (it use some kind of sand to destroy incoming projectile) that also made them really EXPENSIVE.

Near impossible. Rheinmetall ADS is claimed to be the fastest reaction active design available today and use revolutionary technology (it use some kind of sand to destroy incoming projectile) that also made them really EXPENSIVE.

That is why, I really like AMAP ADS the most among other APS systems.

View attachment 579269

There is not much need to put APS in Indonesia right now as they are not essential to our training and development of armored warfare doctrine, the emphasize is to add more new armor and vehicles in first place as we are severely lacking of them , if there is war against peer opponent there is much time to install APS into our armor.

Indonesia, Australia conduct joint maritime patrol exercise in NTT
12th Sep 2019 12:08

IMG-20190912-WA0004.jpg

First Admiral IG Kompiang Aribawa, Commander of the Lantamal (Indonesian Main Naval Base) VII in Kupang and Captain Mathew Brown, Naval Attaché of the Australian Embassy in Indonesia posed for a picture in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, September 2019. (photo: documentation of the Lantamal VII/ FA)

Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara (ANTARA) - Indonesia's Main Naval Base (Lantamal) VII in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), is conducting a joint maritime patrol exercise called Cassoway Exercise Uasindo Corpart 2019 in NTT waters with the Royal Australian Navy, Sept 10-16.

First Admiral IG Kompiang Aribawa, commander of the Lantamal VII in Kupang, remarked on Thursday that 30 officers of the Royal Australian Navy and 90 officers from the Indonesian Navy participated in the exercise.

"The joint exercise is being held for six days, starting from Tuesday (Sep 10), and it will end on September 16, next week," he remarked.

Related news: Indonesia, Britain, Australia discuss air cargo security

Related news: Indonesia, Australia hold bilateral talks to discuss trade

The drill also involves the three warships of HMAS Maryborough-95 from Australia and KRI Tongkol-813 and KRI-635 from the Indonesian Naval Fleet II based in Surabaya, East Java Province.

The joint patrol exercise is aimed at establishing sound communication while patrolling and prosecuting in the waters bordering both nations.

Naval Attaché of the Australian Embassy in Indonesia Captain Mathew Brown stated that the exercise was expected to bolster military cooperation, especially between the navies of both countries.

Related news: Indonesia, Australia intensify bilateral cooperation before COP25

Related news: Indonesia takes firm stand on saying no to foreign rubbish

By Kornelis Kaha, Fardah

Editor: Azizah Fitriyanti

COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2019

https://m.antaranews.com/en/news/13...conduct-joint-maritime-patrol-exercise-in-ntt

Any news about tni ad spaag? Last news i read is tni berminat ke korkut spaag i preferred pandur II with skyranger for Commonality and ToT because we purchased many oerlikon and using pandur (cobra 8x8) in the future

Any news about tni ad spaag? Last news i read is tni berminat ke korkut spaag i preferred pandur II with skyranger for Commonality and ToT because we purchased many oerlikon and using pandur (cobra 8x8) in the future

Still in progress

Which one are we leaning toward? Is it still korkut or something else?

Something cheaper, robust and easy to maintain for decades (proven platform)

Wiranto Kagumi Pesawat Nir-awak Drone CH4
Reporter:
Antara
Editor:
Purwanto
Kamis, 12 September 2019 15:14 WIB

869241_720.jpg

Korlantas dan Ditlantas Polda Jawa Barat melakukan olah tempat kejadian perkara (TKP) kecelakaan di Tol Cipularang KM 91, Purwakarta, Jawa Barat. Foto/Elang Biru

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta -Menteri Koordinator Bidang Politik, Hukum, dan Keamanan Wiranto menyampaikan kekagumannya atas kemampuan tempur pesawat nir-awak "drone" unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) CH4.

"Kita saksikan bahwa ada satu drone yang mampu untuk melaksanakan tidak hanya pengintaian tapi juga melaksanakan penembakan dan pengeboman," ujar Wiranto usai menghadiri puncak latihan gabungan TNI "Dharma Yudha 2019" di Pusat Latihan Tempur Marinir Asembagus, Situbondo, Jawa Timur, Kamis.

Drone UAV CH4 merupakan salah satu alat utama sistem senjata (alutsista) yang dikerahkan oleh TNI AU dalam latihan gabungan TNI "Dharma Yudha 2019".

Drone tersebut memiliki keistimewaan, karena berfungsi tidak hanya sebagai alat pengawasan dan pengintaian, namun juga mampu melaksanakan serangan melalui penembakan maupun pengeboman.

Wiranto mengatakan Indonesia sebelumnya tidak memiliki drone canggih semacam drone UAV CH4.

Mantan Panglima ABRI itu mengatakan keberadaan drone UAV CH4 menjadi lompatan teknologi dalam alutsista TNI.

Dia berharap ke depan Indonesia memiliki lebih banyak alutsista berteknologi canggih guna menguatkan pertahanan dalam negeri.

"Mudah-mudahan ke depan nanti teknologi-teknologi militer yang sekarang berkembang di dunia dapat kita miliki," kata Wiranto.

Sebelumnya, dalam tinjauan kesiapan pelaksanaan puncak latgab TNI "Dharma Yudha 2019" di Puslatpur Marinir Asembagus, Situbondo, Rabu (11/9), Panglima TNI Marsekal TNI Hadi Tjahjanto juga menyinggung tentang drone UAV CH4 dengan mengatakan bahwa drone tersebut dikendalikan dari Surabaya.

Hadi mengatakan drone UAV CH4 dapat terbang dengan durasi hingga 12 jam, disertai kemampuan radius jangkauan hingga 1.000 kilometer apabila diintegrasikan dengan satelit BLOS (beyond line of sight).

Dia juga menyebut bahwa pesawat nir-awak itu memiliki akurasi serangan yang tinggi.

"Seperti yang kita laksanakan kemarin kita menembak, mengebom dari ketinggian 15 ribu kaki dan kita rilis hasilnya sangat presisi," ujar Hadi.

Hadi menyebut bahwa drone CH4 masuk dalam pengadaan pada rencana strategis (Renstra) TNI Tahap II. Rencananya TNI akan mendatangkan enam pesawat serupa untuk menambah kekuatan pada dua skuadron.

https://nasional.tempo.co/amp/1247025/wiranto-kagumi-pesawat-nir-awak-drone-ch4

Btw is it possible if ganti menhan ganti kebijakan misal menhan sekarang stay with su 35 but the next menhan planning to cancel su 35 into ex:typhoon,viper or rafale? If yes then i really want indonesia to purchase typhoon imagine the offset we get if we stay with sukhoi we dont get the same like this

https://jakartagreater.com/pilih-eu...l-menjadi-basis-pesawat-tempur-setelah-eropa/

either gepard or pantsir , or wheeled , tracked mounted skyshield
Well did we once "penjajakan" ke pantsir? But we didnt choose it because interopabilty network? For now we have mistral atlas for portable sam now we need SPAAG and for merad i prefer meads for area coverage

Btw,have you guys seen this?

Also is it a big yes if we want to integrate poseidon with exocet? (In case we looking forward for jet engined maritime strike plane)

Attachments

• IMG_20190915_083009_057.jpg
    IMG_20190915_083009_057.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 109

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom