What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

sufficient quantity, thus driving the price higher not to mention SCAR-H also well known as optic killer (even the mighty ACOG get killed by it). Personally I'm no where near as fan of anything that use direct-impingement system.

417/416 is piston driven. But the piston system more complicated than FN scar piston system

Btw our turkish brother have 417/416 knock off caled MPT55/76. If you watch DAG II the turk spec ops carry it and has distictive handguard

Wkkwkwkwk

Awalnya malaysia mau JF17 alasan bisa dbuat tempatan
Eh pas delegasi malay jalan2 liat plant TAI turki lgsg bilang teratrik ikut turki dlm TFx

Ahahahahaha

(Sayang drone anka ga kita ambil.....
Gara2 ini forum gw jadi seneng ama barang2 turki ahahahah)

Indonesia has never have any " allies " in fact our constitution forbids us to have formal written alliance with foreign entities.
The mindset Indonesia as " free and independent " died when Soeharto rose to power, we just either denying or ignoring the reality that we are always being part US sphere of influence eversince New Order
Its actually like pendulum kinda thing, it swings right and left "informally" :lol::lol: depend on whos in charge :D
But yea we never that far from US even when the embargo was still in active mode.

Duhh... :( Well.. in that case I can only rest my case... I joined this discussion with the mindset that Indonesia is a free and independent state with (at least some) free will, but it seems the majority consensus here is that we are simply just another US underling... with no space to share with any other power.. which is kind of ridiculous, as the only reason we turn to Russia at the time was because we were cut off and demonized by our 'allies' in the first place... Hopefully if there are ever a time in the future where our national integrity is threatened again, these 'allies' will support us, instead of tearing us...

Well let's move on then :-)... About the next 4 big arms purchases, I'm curious why would you think it will all go to Boeing...? Wedgetail/Poseidon/Apaches I can understand.. they are crazy expensive but has the capability to match... however KC-46 is the loser in the USAF tanker competition, got selected later only due to furious lobbying by Boeing.. it was based on the B767 which is practically an unknown plane here (and thus no maintenance facilities unlike A330), and even today is actually still in testing phase by USAF... Why won't we get the A330 MRTT like Australia and Sing...?
It will be easier for us to choose if rusky arsenal are in par in terms of quality with western side generally. The fall of soviet era and economic sanction is hurting their industry and economy. They got left behind in some area, but still maintain superiority in certain area. The lack of customer support from rusky is in their culture and its a hard habit to break comparing the customer service from US which has been a part of their culture in doing business. So they are not making it easy on us.

Rusia is making submarine while US is making air carrier, rusia is making great missiles and its system while US is making great fighters. Its like cat and mouse games. For me I love rusia missiles, they are great but I heard they have shorter service time then the west, again making it hard for us to depend on it. So overall we are stuck, and at some point we have to choose side (kiblat persenataan militer) and stick to it. I dont care if its west or east network system, what I want to see is our Military making their choice and stick to it regardless who will be leading them in future time. Or else we are going to stuck as mediocare military for a long period of time.

IMG-20190829-WA0212.jpg

KASDAM II/SWJ SAMBUT JENAZAH PRAJURIT YONKAV 5/DPC YANG GUGUR DI PAPUA
BY GARUDA-NEWS.ID ON 30 AGUSTUS 2019
SUMATERA SELATAN
GARUDA-NEWS.ID

Palembang, (Pendam II/Swj)
Jenazah Serda Rikson Edi Chandra, prajurit TNI dari kesatuan Batalyon Kavaleri (Yonkav) 5 / Dwi Pangga Ceta (DPC) Karang Endah yang gugur dalam rangka pengamanan aksi unjuk rasa dari kelompok masyarakat di depan Kantor Bupati Deiyai, Papua, tiba di Palembang.*_

_*Jenazah almarhum dievakuasi menggunakan Pesawat Garuda dan tiba di Bandara SMB Palembang, Kamis (29/8/2019) pukul. 19.30 WIB, langsung disambut oleh Kasdam II/Swj Brigjen TNI Syafrial, psc. M. Tr (Han)., beserta seluruh pejabat teras jajaran Kodam II/Swj dalam suatu upacara penghormatan secara militer.*_

Keluarga besar Kodam II/Swj menyampaikan rasa duka cita yang mendalam atas gugurnya Serda Rikson Edi Chandra akibat bentrokan saat mengamankan aksi massa di depan kantor Bupati Deiyai, Papua.

“Kita merasa kehilangan karena almarhum merupakan prajurit kusuma bangsa TNI AD. Almarhum melaksanakan tugas pengamanan mempunyai jasa yang besar, beliau gugur sebagai kusuma bangsa”, ungkap Kapendam II/Swj Kolonel Inf Djohan Darmawan, Kamis (29/8/2019).

“Kodam II/Swj akan memberikan penghormatan yang setinggi-tingginya kepada almarhum dengan mengajukan kenaikan pangkat satu tingkat lebih tinggi, karena baktinya dalam menjaga persatuan RI dan mendo’akan semoga almarhum amal ibadahnya diterima disisinya”, kata Kapendam.

Usai upacara penghormatan, jenazah Serda Rikson langsung dibawa menuju rumah duka di Karang Endah untuk disemayamkan, rencananya jenazah Serda Erikson akan dimakamkan keesokan harinya, Jum’at (30/8/2019) dengan cara militer di Taman Makam Pahlawan Kusuma bangsa, Prabumulih.

Almarhum Serda Rikson Edi Chandra adalah prajurit yang ditugaskan dari Kodam II/Swj yang tergabung dalam Satuan Tugas Teritorial (Satgaster) di Papua, merupakan anggota TNI dari Satuan Yonkav 5/DPC Karang Endah.

Serda Rikson bertugas di Kantor Bupati Deiyai, Papua, dalam rangka pengamanan aksi unjuk dari kelompok masyarakat Papua yang menuntut adanya kejadian rasisme di Surabaya. Aksi Demo dan ujuk rasa akhirnya berlangsung anakis dan menyebabkan 5 anggota aparat keamanan gabungan TNI-Polri terluka akibat terkena panah dan salah satunya Serda Rikson gugur di tempat kejadian.

Almarhum Serda Rikson Edi Chandra bin Suwardi bertugas di Yonzipur 5/DPC, dengan jabatan sebagai Komandan Ranpur AVLB Tonhar Kima Yonkav 5/DPC. Lahir di Jambi, pada tanggal 25 Mei 1981. Almarhum meninggalkan Istri bernama Endang Susilawati dan dua orang anak bernama Richard D, umur 13 tahun dan Shakira, umur 9 tahun.**

Credit to dispen AU
EC3BtyjU0AAOR0F.jpeg
EC3Hq6mUcAA4NfM.jpeg
EDCiFt2XYAAR-ek.jpeg
EDHr-3HUYAEYkQP.jpeg
EDLa255UcAAgj5P.jpeg

Its actually like pendulum kinda thing, it swings right and left "informally" :lol::lol: depend on whos in charge :D
But yea we never that far from US even when the embargo was still in active mode.

It will be easier for us to choose if rusky arsenal are in par in terms of quality with western side generally. The fall of soviet era and economic sanction is hurting their industry and economy. They got left behind in some area, but still maintain superiority in certain area. The lack of customer support from rusky is in their culture and its a hard habit to break comparing the customer service from US which has been a part of their culture in doing business. So they are not making it easy on us.

Rusia is making submarine while US is making air carrier, rusia is making great missiles and its system while US is making great fighters. Its like cat and mouse games. For me I love rusia missiles, they are great but I heard they have shorter service time then the west, again making it hard for us to depend on it. So overall we are stuck, and at some point we have to choose side (kiblat persenataan militer) and stick to it. I dont care if its west or east network system, what I want to see is our Military making their choice and stick to it regardless who will be leading them in future time. Or else we are going to stuck as mediocare military for a long period of time.

Yeah, i totally agree...kiblat is not really important, what's important is our military can get what they need to do their job effectively. Especially i'm hoping NASAM procurement can be completed ASAP

(Greetings for all members again, since i'm rarely join the discussion but always reading you guys. Thumbs up to Y'all)

IMG-20190829-WA0212.jpg

BY GARUDA-NEWS.ID ON 30 AGUSTUS 2019
SUMATERA SELATAN
GARUDA-NEWS.ID

Palembang, (Pendam II/Swj)
Jenazah Serda Rikson Edi Chandra, prajurit TNI dari kesatuan Batalyon Kavaleri (Yonkav) 5 / Dwi Pangga Ceta (DPC) Karang Endah yang gugur dalam rangka pengamanan aksi unjuk rasa dari kelompok masyarakat di depan Kantor Bupati Deiyai, Papua, tiba di Palembang.*_

_*Jenazah almarhum dievakuasi menggunakan Pesawat Garuda dan tiba di Bandara SMB Palembang, Kamis (29/8/2019) pukul. 19.30 WIB, langsung disambut oleh Kasdam II/Swj Brigjen TNI Syafrial, psc. M. Tr (Han)., beserta seluruh pejabat teras jajaran Kodam II/Swj dalam suatu upacara penghormatan secara militer.*_

Keluarga besar Kodam II/Swj menyampaikan rasa duka cita yang mendalam atas gugurnya Serda Rikson Edi Chandra akibat bentrokan saat mengamankan aksi massa di depan kantor Bupati Deiyai, Papua.

“Kita merasa kehilangan karena almarhum merupakan prajurit kusuma bangsa TNI AD. Almarhum melaksanakan tugas pengamanan mempunyai jasa yang besar, beliau gugur sebagai kusuma bangsa”, ungkap Kapendam II/Swj Kolonel Inf Djohan Darmawan, Kamis (29/8/2019).

“Kodam II/Swj akan memberikan penghormatan yang setinggi-tingginya kepada almarhum dengan mengajukan kenaikan pangkat satu tingkat lebih tinggi, karena baktinya dalam menjaga persatuan RI dan mendo’akan semoga almarhum amal ibadahnya diterima disisinya”, kata Kapendam.

Usai upacara penghormatan, jenazah Serda Rikson langsung dibawa menuju rumah duka di Karang Endah untuk disemayamkan, rencananya jenazah Serda Erikson akan dimakamkan keesokan harinya, Jum’at (30/8/2019) dengan cara militer di Taman Makam Pahlawan Kusuma bangsa, Prabumulih.

Almarhum Serda Rikson Edi Chandra adalah prajurit yang ditugaskan dari Kodam II/Swj yang tergabung dalam Satuan Tugas Teritorial (Satgaster) di Papua, merupakan anggota TNI dari Satuan Yonkav 5/DPC Karang Endah.

Serda Rikson bertugas di Kantor Bupati Deiyai, Papua, dalam rangka pengamanan aksi unjuk dari kelompok masyarakat Papua yang menuntut adanya kejadian rasisme di Surabaya. Aksi Demo dan ujuk rasa akhirnya berlangsung anakis dan menyebabkan 5 anggota aparat keamanan gabungan TNI-Polri terluka akibat terkena panah dan salah satunya Serda Rikson gugur di tempat kejadian.

Almarhum Serda Rikson Edi Chandra bin Suwardi bertugas di Yonzipur 5/DPC, dengan jabatan sebagai Komandan Ranpur AVLB Tonhar Kima Yonkav 5/DPC. Lahir di Jambi, pada tanggal 25 Mei 1981. Almarhum meninggalkan Istri bernama Endang Susilawati dan dua orang anak bernama Richard D, umur 13 tahun dan Shakira, umur 9 tahun.**

Credit to dispen AU
View attachment 576573 View attachment 576574 View attachment 576575 View attachment 576576 View attachment 576577

إنا لله وإنا إليه راجون ..
Semoga yg maha kuasa menerimanya dan korban2 lainnya sebagai syuhada*
Semoga yg ditinggalkan diberi ketabahan. & Diberi tunjangan2/tdk ditelantarkan tentunya...amiin

anyone had info what ship that we sent to ASEAN-US Maritime 2019 exercise (AUMX) ?

The myanmar navy UMS Kyan Sittha frigate leave their homeport to join AUMX 2019 , (this ship is rarely exposed)
69075581_1064149477124672_5138087943348420608_n.jpg

69262788_1064149493791337_2972509082734297088_n.jpg

69464020_1064149533791333_8338471094407135232_n.jpg

anyone had info what ship that we sent to ASEAN-US Maritime 2019 exercise (AUMX) ?

The myanmar navy UMS Kyan Sittha frigate leave their homeport to join AUMX 2019 , (this ship is rarely exposed)
69075581_1064149477124672_5138087943348420608_n.jpg

69262788_1064149493791337_2972509082734297088_n.jpg

69464020_1064149533791333_8338471094407135232_n.jpg
Kyan Sittha
class
the bastard child of China navy ship

Palm oil

There is no contest here, Boeing will grab all. Euro had shot themselves in the foot
Ditto what he said.

The palm oil debacle has pushed us further into the US arms.

I honestly won't be surprised if the upcoming long range SAM competition would be won by the Patriot system. There's already talks in my line of work about integrating our radars with the Jindalee network in Australia through Link-16. Having Patriot batteries here in Indo would give the US bases in Darwin and Manus time to react to a potential Chinese missile attack by having us take the brunt of the first wave.

Ditto what he said.

I honestly won't be surprised if the upcoming long range SAM competition would be won by the Patriot system. There's already talks in my line of work about integrating our radars with the Jindalee network in Australia through Link-16. Having Patriot batteries here in Indo would give the US bases in Darwin and Manus time to react to a potential Chinese missile attack by having us take the brunt of the first wave.

sharing a jindalee datalink ..... that's actually kinda surprised me , maybe we can ask those kangaroos to help us developed or build an OTH antenna complex in our region , the future patriot system missile is now rely on israeli tech i believe , the latest development of the missile PAAC-4 / Raytheon skyceptor was meant to be based on israeli David Sling , so that's a plus .

We have been "leaning" toward specific block since Soekarno era by leaning toward Moscow - Beijing but that mostly due to Eisenhower administration who kept meddling with Indonesia internal affair at the time (DI/TII & PERMESTA)

Kalau itu mach para beruk semenanjung ngimpi di siang bolong gara2x kebanyakan nasi lemak & teh tarik :rofl:

Kalau sekarang saya liat RRC pun di HK pakai cara2x persuasif, walaupun mereka masukin orang2x mereka juga utk persiapan "ncomot" para pentolan2x perusuh.

Banayk faktornya boss itu, dan belum tentu juga karna faktor external. Kalaupun ada element2x external itupun sifatnya bukan "state sanction" tapi pribadi masing2x individu aja (para pahlawan kesiangan)

The problem with SCAR is more of their price tag. SCAR platform just isn't being produce in sufficient quantity to reduce their price (economy of scale) because US military (SOCOM) isn't buying them in sufficient quantity, thus driving the price higher not to mention SCAR-H also well known as optic killer (even the mighty ACOG get killed by it). Personally I'm no where near as fan of anything that use direct-impingement system.
Well to be fair, most ACOG's are pretty shit as well.

If the user manual LITERALLY tells you to hit the optic in order to restore zero it's a shit optic.

Last edited:
sharing a jindalee datalink ..... that's actually kinda surprised me , maybe we can ask those kangaroos to help us developed or build an OTH antenna complex in our region , the future patriot system missile is now rely on israeli tech i believe , the latest development of the missile PAAC-4 / Raytheon skyceptor was meant to be based on israeli David Sling , so that's a plus .
If we networked with Jindalee there's no point with us having a OTH network.

A system of TNI AWACS and Ground Control Intercept radars networked together with Jindalee and the RAN's AEGIS destroyers through Link-16 is already a force to be reckoned with. Not including having TNI/ADF NASAM's and Patriots into the mix as well along with a mixture of SHORADs and Oerlikon CIWS guns as point defense. It's always better to share the workload than do everything independently yourself.

Instead of OTH radars, It's better to use that money to rebuild the Integrated Maritime Surveillance System. Literally only 40% is still operational because the focus right now is on air defense radars. You add the biggest Maritime detection system in the world and datalink that with Jindalee, RAAF, RAN, RSAF, RSN, and USPACOM through Link-16, you basically close off the entire southern portion of the South China Sea from the Chinese Navy.

Indonesia has never have any " allies " in fact our constitution forbids us to have formal written alliance with foreign entities.
The mindset Indonesia as " free and independent " died when Soeharto rose to power, we just either denying or ignoring the reality that we are always being part US sphere of influence eversince New Order

Of course I know that, that's why I previously mentioned that we are not allies of NATO/US and we will never be allies with them or with anyone.. unless we change our constitution first.. So we should stop thinking as if they are.. Reading Chestnut's comment in the previous post makes me feel as if we are already in an active alliance.

We are actually in a very weak position relative to them. We are in their sphere of influence but we are not formal allies.. meaning that we can't go against their interests, we can't diversify our weapon systems (cause it won't be NATO standard) but at the same time they have no obligation to support us if we are in trouble... We try hard to be compliant to NATO standards only, but they can easily cut us off if and when they feel like it.

Ditto what he said.

And why exactly would we want to take the brunt of a Chinese missile attack against AUS / US...? :what::what: Anyone here willing to become a US missile fodder..?

Of course I know that, that's why I previously mentioned that we are not allies of NATO/US and we will never be allies with them or with anyone.. unless we change our constitution first.. So we should stop thinking as if they are.. Reading Chestnut's comment in the previous post makes me feel as if we are already in an active alliance.

We are actually in a very weak position relative to them. We are in their sphere of influence but we are not formal allies.. meaning that we can't go against their interests, we can't diversify our weapon systems (cause it won't be NATO standard) but at the same time they have no obligation to support us if we are in trouble... We try hard to be compliant to NATO standards only, but they can easily cut us off if and when they feel like it.

And why exactly would we want to take the brunt of a Chinese missile attack against AUS / US...? :what::what: Anyone here willing to become a US missile fodder..?
I think it's not about anyone here willingness but our defence policies makers, knowing things in advance you'll realise we are " the buffer state " between US and China in Southeast Asia and in process being made as one. The thing is in geopolitics is never about what we want, but greater benefits and disadvantages. As now our policies makers believe we stand with The West. So it's not about anything like personal wishes but something we should live with since the decisions already made by someone higher in the office

there were so many news about our SU-35 recently (this day) , so its all about russian fearing to get another sanction hammer ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom