What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

10609653_809735075725115_4677942296202018764_n.png

SBY%20PENGUKUHAN%20%2815%29.JPG

Yes, USA has already offered another "grant" F-16 that need to be refurbished later (and we have to pay for it), as long as US want to give us important TOT, it can be a good choice. Avionic systems is the one that we need.

F-16 they will offer it again, and it will be in different project with F-5 replacement programme. After all TNI AU has projected to have at least 60 F-16

F-16 they will offer it again, and it will be in different project with F-5 replacement programme. After all TNI AU has projected to have at least 60 F-16
60 is not a bad number to have

T 50 Golden Eagle, ready to enliven the Jakarta sky on Independence Day of the Republic of INDONESIA, Sunday, August 17, 2014

10350636_510250052452902_157379126730969521_n.jpg

10616249_273993109468449_645566571501150940_n.jpg

10553323_273994042801689_5767383738773962673_n.jpg

10409458_10202914837656807_8143115807672788315_n.jpg

10624926_10202914845817011_1329181694313178198_n.jpg

10615416_273993622801731_378507663865498481_n.jpg

mission accomplish
10533404_10204810953337476_5630828450550469528_n.jpg

meanwhile Indonesian own war against terrorism still happened ....

Suspected terrorist shot
dead, several arrested

Yuliasri Perdani and Agus Maryono, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta/Surabaya | Headlines | Sat, August 16 2014, 9:52 AM

xp02-b.jpg

Raid: Officers put up a police line outside a house rented by six suspected terrorists in Kedungwringin, Banyumas, Central Java, on Friday. One of the suspects was shot dead and the others were captured following a shootout with the police. (JP/Agus Maryono)

Police have arrested several people for their alleged involvement in the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) in Surabaya and Banyumas, Central Java. One was shot dead on Friday.

The National Police’s Densus 88 counterterrorism squad on Thursday arrested a suspected terrorist and ISIL recruiter identified as Saefuddin Umar in Surabaya, East Java.

Saefuddin, also known as Abu Fida, allegedly harbored some members of the East Mujahidin Indonesia terrorist cell led by fugitive Santoso and had knowledge about the group’s suicide bomb attack of the Poso Police complex last year.

“He harbored terrorist fugitive M. Hidayah, alias Dayah, in 2002,” National Police spokesman Brig. Gen. Boy Rafli Amar said on Friday.

Last year, Dayah was shot dead during a Densus 88 raid in Tulungagung, East Java. He was accused of sending recruits to Santoso’s paramilitary camp in Poso, Central Java and of raising funds for terrorist acts in Medan, North Sumatra and Bali.

It is not the first time the police suspected Saefuddin’s involvement in terrorism. Back in 2004 Saefuddin was taken into police custody for allegedly harboring the late Dr. Azahari bin Husin and Noordin M. Top in 2002.

The two were believed to have masterminded the 2002 Bali bombings and the 2003 JW Marriot hotel attack in Jakarta.

Aside from the terrorism activities, the police found that Saefuddin had been actively involved in recruiting people and collecting donations for ISIL in Central and East Java.

“He is perceived as a senior ISIL figure in East Java. He spoke in some of ISIL’s declaration events in Solo (Central Java), Surabaya and Malang along with alleged terrorist Afif Abdul Majid,” Boy added, referring to the leader of radical Islamic group Jamaah Ansharut Tauhid (JAT), an ISIL sympathizer who was recently arrested for his alleged terrorist activities.

According to Boy, Saefuddin often targeted university students in Surabaya to become ISIL recruits.

Meanwhile, no activity was seen to be conducted at the house of Abu Fida on Jl. Sidotopo in Surabaya following his arrest by Densus 88 on Thursday.

Mistiah, a local, said that Abu Fida’s house was always closed, except for the door of the shop selling traditional medicine that was located in the front part of the house. The owners also stayed inside the house. When a buyer came and rang the bell, Abu’s wife would come out to serve the buyer.

In Banyumas, police arrested six men and shot one of them in a raid on a rented house in the Griya Kencana Asri housing complex in Kedungwringin subdistrict, Patikraja district, Banyumas regency, Central Java on Friday.

“It happened very quickly for only about half an hour after Friday prayers,” Andre, an eye witness, said after the raid.

He said the 10 police personnel involved in the raid were all in plainclothes, but were fully armed.

Locals said the six men, aged between 30 and 40, had been living in the house for about a month. They kept to themselves and did not interact with other people in the neighborhood.

“One of them once delivered a copy of a divorce certificate to report to us, but they did not leave copies of their ID cards,” said Sakiyan, the head of the local neighboring unit, adding that they told him they were running a car rental business.

Banyumas Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Dwiyono confirmed the raid took place, but was reluctant to elaborate. “I was just informed that one was shot and died while the rest were promptly arrested,” he told The Jakarta Post on Friday.

Asked whether the raid was related to the current arrests of ISIL supporters, Dwiyono said the raid might not be a terrorism or an ISIL case.

“All the personnel on duty were from Jakarta. We didn’t know. According to the information we received it was a curas (theft with violence) case,” Dwiyono said.

Indra Harsaputra also contributed to the article

Suspected terrorist shot dead, several arrested | The Jakarta Post

West Nusa Tenggara Police Officer Murdered in Possible Terror Attack: Densus 88
By Farouk Arnaz on 01:39 pm Aug 16, 2014

MAR-ATTACKS-POLICE-006283-01-02_preview.jpg

A Densus 88 officer. (AFP Photo/Usep Usman Nasrullah Akyat)

Jakarta. A local police chief in the eastern province of West Nusa Tenggara was shot dead by unidentified assailants on Saturday morning in what police believe may have been an act of terrorism.

Abdul Salam, the police chief of Ambalawi subdistrict, in Bima, West Nusa Tenggara, was shot dead while riding a motorcycle on his way to the police precinct.

“It happened in Ambalawi subdistrict, Bima, at 6 a.m. this morning. The victim died,” an officer in Indonesia’s anti-terrorism unit, Densus 88, told the Jakarta Globe on condition of anonymity.

The Densus 88 source said police were working on the assumption that the attackers were linked to jihadists trained in Poso, Central Sulawesi, under the nebulous leadership of the fugitive terror leader, Santoso.

The source did not comment further on the nature of the connection with Santoso, who is originally from Bima, but two senior police officers have been murdered in the area in recent months.

On June 2, the head of Bima Police’s intelligence unit Brig. Muhammad Yamin was shot and killed near his house in Rasabou village, Bolo subdistrict at 10:10 p.m. local time.

Yamin had just finished duty and was on his way home when two unidentified man followed him and shot him several times.

On March 28, the head of Bima Police’s most senior anti-narcotics investigator, Insp. Hanafi, was shot dead at 10:55 p.m. local time. Hanafi was also on a motorbike when two armed men on a motorcycle shot him two twice.

West Nusa Tenggara Police Officer Murdered in Possible Terror Attack: Densus 88 | The Jakarta Globe

I personally prefer Su-35 over Gripen. My cousin served in Swedish Air Forces (but not a pilot) told me that they dont see Gripen as first line fighter or air superiority fighter too match the Sukhois. For them Gripen is more like their own version of F-16. A tactical fighter. But i think Indonesian military would prefer Gripen over Su-35 because of bigger chances to get Transfer of technology or any sort of joint development since SAAB is providing radars and missiles for our new stealth patrol ship (the new Klewang Class).

Ya i agree but the current defense plan and the budget and the demand from majority of Filipino pilots are in love with the Gripen and this the start for us because the current defense plans plans for LIFT (FA50s) Figthers (possibily the Gripen) and beyond the single engine to two engine planes possibily the Korean plane again or possibily a Russian one i mean the Russians have been asking us for a full defense cooperation pact for years now i dont know what there deal is but i think its something to look at anyway its good that you have sources like your cousin to tell you stuff like this is he or she on the ground staff or a base staff?

Ya i agree but the current defense plan and the budget and the demand from majority of Filipino pilots are in love with the Gripen and this the start for us because the current defense plans plans for LIFT (FA50s) Figthers (possibily the Gripen) and beyond the single engine to two engine planes possibily the Korean plane again or possibily a Russian one i mean the Russians have been asking us for a full defense cooperation pact for years now i dont know what there deal is but i think its something to look at anyway its good that you have sources like your cousin to tell you stuff like this is he or she on the ground staff or a base staff?
She worked at the armed forces HQ. Her mother Indonesian, her father Swedish. She told me that Sweden is badly placed since the country located right in the doorstep of Russia. The development of Swedish military industry are related with cold war threats and they dont have any choice but joining the NATO for protection. She even joking that apart from their advance technology they are lack of menpower and defensible ground. She told me that if Sweden and Indonesia share land borders, no matter how advance their military technology, Indonesian Army can invade and conquer their land at any time armed only with tooth picks and just relying on numbers. I am very surprised on how they have pessimistic view on their defensive capabilities but then i think Scandinavian people are rational in the way of thinking and they didnt see military services as something different than other job. Most of them avoiding to get drafted.

She worked at the armed forces HQ. Her mother Indonesian, her father Swedish. She told me that Sweden is badly placed since the country located right in the doorstep of Russia. The development of Swedish military industry are related with cold war threats and they dont have any choice but joining the NATO for protection. She even joking that apart from their advance technology they are lack of menpower and defensible ground. She told me that if Sweden and Indonesia share land borders, no matter how advance their military technology, Indonesian Army can invade and conquer their land at any time armed only with tooth picks and just relying on numbers. I am very surprised on how they have pessimistic view on their defensive capabilities but then i think Scandinavian people are rational in the way of thinking and they didnt see military services as something different than other job. Most of them avoiding to get drafted.

How the mighty have fallen. Scandinavian used to be very good at warfare, from the viking era, Sweden in 17 century, to the Finland with it's winter war against USSR. Now they have very pessimistic view... toothpicks o_O

How the mighty have fallen. Scandinavian used to be very good at warfare, from the viking era, Sweden in 17 century, to the Finland with it's winter war against USSR. Now they have very pessimistic view... toothpicks o_O

The one who said it is half Indonesian..........:azn:

PIC-55.jpg

Indonesian Army personnel face to face with Israel Army in Lebanon

the victim and suspects in the case were US citizens.

MURDER INVESTIGATION

FBI assisting Bali police in murder investigation
Senin, 18 Agustus 2014 | 09:52 WIB

46215197p.jpg

DENPASAR. The US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is helping the Bali Police investigation into the murder of Sheila von Weise Mack, a US woman whose body was found in a suitcase at The St. Regis Bali Resort in Nusa Dua on Tuesday.

Denpasar Police chief Sr. Comr. Djoko Hari Utomo told journalists on Saturday that the FBI were assisting the police as the victim and suspects in the case were US citizens.

“The FBI have come to help us speed up the police investigation, because the suspects are American and the victim is also American,” Djoko said after a meeting about the results of an autopsy conducted on the victim’s body at Sanglah General Hospital.

Police have named the victim’s daughter, Heather Lois Mack, 19, and her boyfriend Tommy Schaefer, 21, as suspects in the case.

The couple allegedly killed the 62-year-old woman and placed her body in a silver-colored suitcase, which they put in the trunk of a taxi at The St. Regis on Tuesday afternoon. They then left the hotel, where they had been vacationing, via the beach

“We’ve just had a meeting to discuss the situation, particularly related to the autopsy,” Djoko said. One FBI representative was also present at the meeting.

Djoko said that the FBI representative had arrived in Bali on Friday. However, Djoko refused to elaborate on the assistance provided by the FBI. “Everything that we need,” Djoko said when asked what assistance the FBI was providing.

Meanwhile, the head of the forensics team at Sanglah hospital, Ida Bagus Putu Alit, said the meeting discussed the autopsy results.

The autopsy found that the victim died due to an obstruction of the respiratory tract, which was caused by a broken nose. “The broken nose caused bleeding. The blood blocked the respiratory tract resulting in death,” Alit said.

The autopsy also found a broken bone in the victim’s neck, and several wounds to the left arm, an indication that the victim appeared to have tried to defend herself.

The autopsy also found that the victim was hit while she was upright. “She died rapidly after her nose was hit causing bleeding. We estimate that she died between 6.45 am and 10 a.m. in the morning. She had not had breakfast when the incident happened,” he said.

Alit confirmed that the meeting was also attended by an FBI representative.

“The FBI came to coordinate, to find connections between this case and a case that they are investigating in the US. But they haven’t explained what that case is,” Alit said.

Alit said the victim’s body would be taken to the US by the FBI, to be examined there. “The body will be handed over to the [US] consulate, to be taken to the US by the FBI. They’ve said they will conduct further examinations of the body in the US, to find connections to the criminal case in the US,” he added.

The body is expected to be sent to the US on Monday.

When asked, Djoko declined to explain about the investigation by the FBI into a crime in the US that is allegedly related to the Bali case.

“We’re only looking at what happened here in Bali. We don’t know what happened there,” he said.

When asked whether it was possible that the suspects would be processed in the US under that country’s legal system, Djoko said “It is not our authority to convey that.”

Djoko added that the suspects had not confessed that they had killed the victim. “We are not pursuing a confession. If every criminal confessed, that would be amazing,” Djoko said.

The suspects are currently refusing to be interrogated as they are waiting for their lawyer from the US. Although the police have appointed a lawyer for the couple, they have insisted that they will wait for their lawyer. (Ni Komang Erviani)

FBI Assisting Bali Police In Murder Investigation - Kontan Online

Back
Top Bottom