What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Can you guys confirm that user Nihonjin was an Indonesian in disguise?

he is Pinoy, cant use Indonesian but his tagalog is good.

Indonesian Navy album history

dd_hnms_tjerk_hiddes.jpg

KRI GADJAH MADA
kapal-bkr-laut.jpg

BKR LAUT in early form trying to cross Dutch blockade

komar.jpg

TNI AL fast attack missile boat with Styx missile

unnamed (4).jpg

Koninklijke Marine and Peta as backbone for future TNI AL soldier

tnimarinirshermans.jpg

Indonesian Marine Sherman Tank Company

Indonesian Air Force visits the 106th Rescue Wing

Photo By Master Sgt. Cheran Cambridge| Indonesian air force general officers...read more

WESTHAMPTON BEACH, NY, UNITED STATES
Story by Master Sgt. Cheran Cambridge
106th Rescue Wing

Subscribe
The generals touched down in Westhampton Beach to see what lessons could be learned from the 106th Rescue Wing, explained Major Gen. Dedy Permadi, Assistant for Personnel to the Indonesian Air Force Chief of Staff.

Because Indonesia is an island nation, their air force has the responsibility for a tremendous amount of coastal search and rescue missions, Permadi said.

The Indonesians visited the American search and rescue unit because the 106th is responsible for being prepared to handle search and rescue missions for a long coastline and for an extended amount of time, Permadi explained.

The generals were also interested in how the Pararescuemen, known as PJs for pararescuemen jumpers, were able to use their capabilities both here at home to respond to state emergencies as well as overseas.

Chief Master Sgt. Michael Hewson explained the two year training the PJs have to endure to get qualified.

"Their biggest interest was in how the Guard can work for the State or [and] Federal government unlike the active duty Air Force," Hewson said. "They were also very interested in the PJs. Our description and qualifications sounded like Special Operation Forces to them but how we used those qualifications for dedicated rescue in both wartime and peacetime surprised them," he explained.

"I think it speaks to the importance our nation places on our greatest asset, our people," Hewson added.

During the tour, the visitors got a firsthand look at the specialized gear, ranging from scuba gear, to cutting tools which the pararescuemen used to maintain their small equipment profile.

The Indonesian officers also got a chance to tour both aircraft utilized by the 106th Rescue Wing for search and rescue, the HH-60 Pavehawk helicopter and an HC-130 Hercules fixed-wing airplane. They walked around the aircraft and spoke with the 101st and 102nd squadron pilots about their experiences.

Colonel Michael W. Bank, 106th Rescue Wing commander saw advantages in hosting the international guests.

"The Airmen of the 106th Rescue Wing were honored to showcase the capabilities of the Search and Rescue community to our Pacific partners. The Air National Guard has the unique ability to leverage rescue mission sets across the spectrum of conflict," Bank said. "We have the ability to search for a missing boater off the coast, to extracting a downed Airmen in combat and everything in between. We highlighted the command relationships required to bring this capability to the fight to the Indonesian Air Force and there is no better example than the ANG." Bank explained.

1000w_q95 (1).jpg

1000w_q95 (2).jpg

1000w_q95.jpg

Will HMS Ocean Find a Buyer in Asia?

Constructed between 1993 and 1998, HMS Ocean has served as the Royal Navy’s primary amphibious assault ship since commissioning. She displaces 21,000 tons, makes 18 knots, and can carry up to 18 helicopters. She also has facilities for carrying and deploying boats, marines, and ground vehicles. In short, HMS Ocean is a fairly standard big, flat-decked amphibious warship, with a decent amount of wear and tear but also with some years left in her service window. The Royal Navy expects to need her less in anticipation of the completion of its two new large carriers, HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales.

CuGH8q0WYAA7pr1-1021x580.jpg

The asking price for HMS Ocean appears quite low; reportedly around $75 million, payable in installments. Of course, costs associated with maintenance and the acquisition of helicopters would be more significant, but should be manageable for any navy that already has some experience with maritime helicopters.

The Indonesian Navy faces strategic and operational problems similar to those of Malaysia, only more so; it needs to patrol a huge maritime space while also maintaining HA/DR capabilities. A big amphib is perfect for these kinds of responsibilities, and HMS Ocean could help Indonesia develop the expertise necessary to operating a next generation warship.

Readmore: http://thediplomat.com/2017/04/will-hms-ocean-find-a-buyer-in-asia/

Will HMS Ocean Find a Buyer in Asia?

Constructed between 1993 and 1998, HMS Ocean has served as the Royal Navy’s primary amphibious assault ship since commissioning. She displaces 21,000 tons, makes 18 knots, and can carry up to 18 helicopters. She also has facilities for carrying and deploying boats, marines, and ground vehicles. In short, HMS Ocean is a fairly standard big, flat-decked amphibious warship, with a decent amount of wear and tear but also with some years left in her service window. The Royal Navy expects to need her less in anticipation of the completion of its two new large carriers, HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales.

CuGH8q0WYAA7pr1-1021x580.jpg

The asking price for HMS Ocean appears quite low; reportedly around $75 million, payable in installments. Of course, costs associated with maintenance and the acquisition of helicopters would be more significant, but should be manageable for any navy that already has some experience with maritime helicopters.

The Indonesian Navy faces strategic and operational problems similar to those of Malaysia, only more so; it needs to patrol a huge maritime space while also maintaining HA/DR capabilities. A big amphib is perfect for these kinds of responsibilities, and HMS Ocean could help Indonesia develop the expertise necessary to operating a next generation warship.

Readmore:
I hope we're not gonna buy it, sure the price are cheap but the maintanance cost are high, i am not sure the TNI-AL can afford to pay the fuel, let alone equipt it with a lot's of helikopter and gear

I hope we're not gonna buy it, sure the price are cheap but the maintanance cost are high, i am not sure the TNI-AL can afford to pay the fuel, let alone equipt it with a lot's of helikopter and gear

The Brits currently offers this LHD to Brazil, and they are cautiously optimistic about the sales. But if the sales failed, i think Indonesia could at least take a look and make some assessment to see whether we could effectively use this LHD or not. This is a good chance to acquire cheap LHD in excellent condition. The price is right, and the fund is also ready, considering we are gonna purchase more LPD in the near future, so we could just swap the fund to buy this LHD instead. That way, PAL can focus their energy to pursue another LPD export to PH and Malasia.

tni1.jpg

tni3.jpg

Last edited:

She runs only on diesel engines so I don't think TNI-AL have any problem with the fuel tag. High maintainance cost? Well how much is it? Having said all that, I'm also not enthusiastic about acquiring it. I think we should let PAL develop it own LHD based on whatever experience and platform it has.

The Brits currently offers this LHD to Brazil, and they are cautiously optimistic about the sales. But if the sales failed, i think Indonesia could at least take a look and make some assessment to see whether we could effectively use this LHD or not. This is a good chance to acquire cheap LHD in excellent condition. The price is right, and the fund is also ready, considering we are gonna purchase more LPD in the near future, so we could just swap the fund to buy this LHD instead. That way, PAL can focus their energy to pursue another LPD export to PH and Malasia.

That would be politically incorrect. The governemnt and parliament have promised not to procure second hand equipments anymore. I know this is a military thread, but..... it's politics.

That would be politically incorrect. The governemnt and parliament have promised not to procure second hand equipments anymore. I know this is a military thread, but..... it's politics.

They said they would resist from buying old plane.. not all military articles.

I think we should let PAL develop it own LHD based on whatever experience and platform it has.

PT.PAL is currently busy, with submarines, LPD, KCR, and possibly more PKR or even heavy frigate project in the near future... So, i think it's better to give them some time and space to breath by acquiring this LHD, if TNI AL and Gov thought it is time to introduce its first LHD.

tni2.jpg

tni4.jpg

tni5.jpg

Last edited:
Air Force Paras bro (Paskhas) they use M4

Yup. PASKHAS, the special forces and infantry corps of the Indonesian Air Force. This unit is also known as the Orange Berets.

should not only offer the HMS OCEAN, but all of their duke class too
Chile already got their hand on duke class. Unfortunately the next chance to acquire this ship won't be available until at least 2023.

17818229_816631978486797_6203877072759160832_n.jpg

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom