What's new

Indonesia-China Navy To Hold Joint Military Exercise In South China Sea !

@nufix ^^^^ It is 2013. 1998 was only 15 years ago. 15 years is not too long ago, not 500 years. Go back to school and learn some math.

The state sponsored terrors was carried out against the ethic Chinese because the government and the Indonesian suspected they were communists. China was communist then and is communist now. What has changed?

The only difference is China is richer. Now the Indonesian are cozying up to the Chinese who are still communist.

This behaviour only prostitute would do. Are you a whore?

And stop including those juvenile emticons in your posting. It just make you look stupid.

Those ethnic Chinese being massacred in 1998 were pro-KMT, not pro-CPC.

The pro-CPC ethnic Chinese in Southeast Asia were already wiped out in the 1960-1970s, the those pro-KMT ethnic Chinese had assisted the local government to kill off their brothers who believed in a different ideology.

@nufix ^^^^ It is 2013. 1998 was only 15 years ago. 15 years is not too long ago, not 500 years. Go back to school and learn some math.

The state sponsored terrors was carried out against the ethic Chinese because the government and the Indonesian suspected they were communists. China was communist then and is communist now. What has changed?

The only difference is China is richer. Now the Indonesian are cozying up to the Chinese who are still communist.

And stop including those juvenile emticons in your posting. It just make you look stupid.

Wait wait, you said that you were pointing out the state sponsored conflict years before the 1998 conflict, which was happened in 1965-1966. And now you are back to 1998 conflict, which has no tie to the 1965-1966 "state sponsored" conflict, to run from your "5 decades=not too long ago" mistake? The dumber is running without direction hahaha.

Anyway it is 2013, your state sponsored conflict started in 1966, 2013-1966 = 47 = nearly 5 decades ago.

Learn some math.

remember this? you wrote this didn't you?
@nufix ^^^ I was commenting on the Indonesia state sponsored atrocities killing tens of thousands of ethic Chinese-Indonesians, not just ending in 1989 but years before

Well what's the difference then with Canada? You go to another man's war, you fight not for the benefit of your own countrymen but for your "masters", this behaviour only dogs would do, are you a dog?

And stop trying to show how smart you by running without direction.

Last edited:
Those survived pro-CPC Indonesian Chinese have already returned back to China in the 1960-1970s, those remained in Indonesia were pro-KMT.

Despite they were pro-KMT, CPC had warned them the possible coming danger and wanted to bring them back to China, but they refused, because the hatred against CPC had clouded their judgement.

It is indeed a tragedy, but these guys had already chosen their own fate, what do you want us to do? This is a lesson for all oversea Chinese to love their motherland no matter what regime it is.

Last edited:
@nufix ^^^ I was commenting on the Indonesia state sponsored atrocities killing tens of thousands of ethic Chinese-Indonesians, not just ending in 1989 but years before - your retort was "I am a foreigner?"

That's your argument. How dumb is that?

You also need to remember that we also have changed since then & trying to make amend. More & more Chinese is being included into the Gov & Private sectors. I'm ethnically Chinese BTW (but considered myself to be 100% wong Jowo & a proud indonesian). Back in 98 I never recollect any discrimination except being asked in Chinese because my face looks orient & not to long ago I try to borrow a toilet from a Korean & they spoke to me in Korean just because they think I'm Korean. To most people its nothing, but to me those are offensive & discriminatory.

During the Riot my family wasn't targeted in anyway. By the Gov or by the neighbors, for being ethnically Chinese. Many Chinese and "foreigners" especially our family has always been loyal to the Republic. Don't get me wrong there's still discrimination in the Republic against the Ethnic Chinese & otherwise, its an ongoing issues that are still being tackled.

Back to the topic:

I think its good that both country is now cooperating military, but I still prefer more economic investment in the country & the region. China investment to ASEAN amount to around 500 Billion dollar & I would like that to increase by next year.

@ChineseTiger1986

p/s : Maybe this post will make some of you feeling uncomfortable or nausea, but please bear with it because the world is really changing.

@nufix ^^^ I am done with you. Next.

Do you know your biggest mistake? Being an ignorance, seeing only the pasts and the bad sides of a country without appreciating how it has improved itself based on its mistakes in the past.

It is changing, but sadly for you, Indonesia is changing towards the different direction with the direction inside your head. It happened in 1998, when Indonesian economy jumped from USD 400+ billion to less than USD 90 billion, and there was an empty chair of presidency after the fall of Soeharto. Not only the chinese suffered the conflict, but also other ethnic, even the biggest ones like Madurese, namely in Sampit. But since the chinese were victims of long political discrimination of Soeharto regime 1966-1998, of course it got spotlight.

And now everything has changed, the economy is marching towards betterment, the unemployment is now low (6%), and the discrimination acts could be paid off with jail time. The Chinese-indonesian are now considered an ethnic of Indonesia, on par with Javanese, Sundanese, or Minang, they can run for Presidency if they would. The chinese are now not called the chinese-Indonesian with special pass, only "Indonesian". They are free to participate in all level of the country just like anybody else.

A prime example is vice governor of the capital city of Jakarta, who was ELECTED directly by the People.

ahok.jpg

Or Hari Tanoe who is running for Presidential election as vice president next year

D67597B47E5E54147539EEC5933B.jpg

And please stop bringing ethnic this ethnic that things to Indonesian, because we are Indonesian, I'm ethnically Sundanese and I am just like anybody else in Indonesia. End of story.

That is why I said I love it when foreigners talking about ethnic relations in Indonesia now and then, it makes me laugh because of their ignorance.

Last edited:
In 1965, PRC had evacuated many Indonesian Chinese back to China, those pro-CPC had chosen to go back to China, while those pro-KMT had chosen to stay in Indonesia.

For CPC, no matter you are Red Chinese or Blue Chinese, let's go back to home

For KMT, they hate all Red Chinese and want them to be dead.

Those ethnic Chinese being massacred in 1998 were pro-KMT, not pro-CPC.

The pro-CPC ethnic Chinese in Southeast Asia were already wiped out in the 1960-1970s, the those pro-KMT ethnic Chinese had assisted the local government to kill off their brothers who believed in a different ideology.
aha...are there "bad" and "good" Chinese? You don´t mind seeing your brothers and sisters butchered if they are on the "wrong" side? :hitwall:

@nufix ^^^ I was commenting on the Indonesia state sponsored atrocities killing tens of thousands of ethic Chinese-Indonesians, not just ending in 1989 but years before - your retort was "I am a foreigner?"

That's your argument. How dumb is that?
That reminds me to the recent event. I wonder why the Indonesian police allowed the mob attacking Australian embassy in the spy row? I post just one image. I spare to post more disgusted pictures here.

132919942_11n.jpg

aha...are there "bad" and "good" Chinese? You don´t mind seeing your brothers and sisters butchered if they are on the "wrong" side? :hitwall:

You Viets should stop trying to instigate the conflict between the Chinese people.

Where did i say that i don't mind? We were trying to help them before the massacre, but they rejected our help, what do you wanna CPC to do?

You Viets should stop trying to instigate the conflict between the Chinese people.

Where did i say that i don't mind? We were trying to help them before the massacre, but they rejected our help, what do you wanna CPC to do?
Did CPC try to help Cambodian Chinese when the Red Khmer butchered them all?

Adding to nufix's post earlier...

Just a year after the so called "Chinese massacre"... in 1999 an ethnic Chinese - Indonesian was appointed as Coordinating Minister of Economics and Finance, an important post in our Government. Something that has never been done before for more than 30 years during Suharto regime.
He doesn't even have Indonesian name like most Chinese ethnic in Indonesia. And I don't remember any objection nor protest of any kind from the people because of his ethnicity. Even after he considered failed to deliver what he was expected to.

sindo_mainreview_1341808709.jpg

KWIK KIAN GIE - Kwik Kian Gie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

==

That is how we "hate" Chinese.. not so long ago.

Jesus Christ.

These are barbaric. I'm surprised that this was during the 1990's.

But this was a while ago. It's best to move on and not cling onto the past.

@armchairPrivate

Ahhh.. the pictures. You can put thousand or million pictures all you want but can you provide SOLID proof that they're from 1998 "chinese massacre" in Indonesia?.. that the victim was chinese from the said incident?... Because I too can take random pictures of dead bodies, put watermarks on it and claim it come from whatever incident I wanted to.

Many times articles took pictures that are not from the actual incident, they were meant for illustration but some readers without proper check think it's authentic.

Last edited:
Indonesia was the only country that was hostile to Australia in the region, it was back then in 60's when Indonesian air force and navy possessed much bigger firepower than Australia + NZ + Malaysia + Singapore combined and declared war to all of them.

With the increasing economy since 2009, Indonesia has been trying to recreate naval and air power similar to Soekarno's era in 1960's and outgun Australia. I believe that is main Australia's reason to monitor Indonesia, not to mention that Indonesia is leaning towards China, and China is the biggest threat to Australia in Asia. Someday, Indonesia could again be governed by right wing nationalists and re-start all the hostilities towards Australia.

Why do u want hostilities? Ain't world full of shit as we speak?

Back
Top Bottom