What's new

Indonesia-China Navy To Hold Joint Military Exercise In South China Sea !

Having Indonesia as a strategic partner in S.E. Asia will be a huge success on China's part.

Please remove the graphic images....

^^^ You registered just to post a made-up story? That's low.

Yours argument is invalid and cannot be considered full of authenticity, as i was member of National Peace Study programs back in my University days, i am always familiar with all your pictures posted here. Not all of them is come from 1998 riots in Jakarta. And just one thing you must know, more Chinese dies in the hand of other Chinese than by Indonesian ethnics, the same can be applied for Indonesian too, more Indonesian died in the hand of other Indonesian than by other ethnics who came from abroad. And for your info, more Indonesian died in 1998 riots than the Chinese Indonesia, and your numbers of ten of thousand victims is full of exaggeration.

He is not making that up.. I've seen them before when the conflict was hot topic.. That is why I said before some people just grab pictures without actually checking their authenticity.

There was NO massacre of chinese. What really happen in 1998 was people looting the goods from shops and malls that many owned by Tionghoas (Indonesian-chinese) during the riot.

Some pictures you posted are just images of protesters and rioters.. some from the ethnic violence between the Dayaks and Madurese... and the rest are dead bodies I believe from other incidents not even from Indonesia... NONE of them are the proof showing Chinese massacre in 1998.

Over the years there has been investigations by independent bodies about the "1998 chinese massacre" incident and to this very day NONE has come with CONCRETE evidence that it was actually happen.

Don't you think they would notice and use "your pictures" - which you took from blogs - already if they are really authentic photos?

@ChineseTiger1986 ^^^ You comment only showed Chinese haven't changed despite they are better off. What the **** does it matter if those ethnic Chinese were pro KMT or pro PRC. They were Chinese weren't they? Are you telling me the blood in the pro KMT is different from pro PRC?

I feel sick. I can't believe you are defending the Indonesian just because they seem to be on your side.

Read this and weep. And if you don't, you are not human.

BUNNY IN THE HOUSE: A History That We Chinese Should Remember

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

In 1997 and 1998 there were riots in various parts of Indonesia

The riots were triggered by economic problems like food shortages and mass unemployment in Indonesia

Some of the riots were aimed against the Chinese-Indonesians

Some riots looked spontaneous and some looked as if they had been planned

The first five weeks of 1998 there were over two dozen of demonstrations

Price riots, bomb threats, and bombings were all around the island

At the start of May 1998

Students were holding a peaceful demonstrations on university campuses across the country

They were protesting against massive price rises for fuel and energy besides that they were demanding that President Suharto should step down

During May 12, students at Jakarta's Trisakti University planned to march to the parliament and present the government with their demands

The police prevented the students from marching

Few uniformed men on motorcycles appeared on the flyover and shots rang out

Four students were killed

A peaceful demonstration became into a bloody scene

The riots became more widespread on 14-15 May 1998

Rioting across Jakarta destroyed many commercial centres in Jakarta and over 1,000 died

Ethnic Chinese (Chinese - Indonesian) were targeted

Properties and businesses owned by ethnic chinese was seriously targeted in this incident

The riots were allegedly instigated by Indonesian military members who were out of uniform

Homes were attacked and women were raped by gangs of men who wore ordinary clothing

Shops and buildings owned by ethnic chinese were either destroyed or burned down

According to the news

Up to 3-5% of chinese population in indonesia fled because of this incident

Over 1,000 and as many as 5,000 people died during these riots in Jakarta and other cities

Many victims died in burning malls and supermarkets but some were shot or beaten to death

2,479 shop-houses, 1,026 ordinary houses, 1,604 shops, 383 private offices, 65 bank offices, 45 workshops, 40 shopping malls, 13 markets, and 12 hotels were destroyed or damaged in this incident

Can anybody tell me what's happening to the world now?

Can anybody tell me does justice still exists?

What did we chinese do wrong?

What that we chinese did which make you indonesians so eager to kill us alive?

Not only this Anti - Chinese Riot in Indonesia

Many incidents, bombings and roits are happening all around the world

Global warming ! Terrorists ! Fights ! Democracies ! AND SO MUCH MORE !

When can peace really exist in our life

What will happen to our future?

Will even worst things happen?

If this continue, i rather won't get married and won't give birth to any kids

Because this world is a disaster

I won't let my child suffer in this kind of place

p/s : Maybe this post will make some of you feeling uncomfortable or nausea, but please bear with it because the world is really changing.

@nufix ^^^ I am done with you. Next.

Bullshit....There was an investigation and no witness dare to come....(no China killing and raping victims during 1998....no witness...no death body...not even one...we have investigated it from Independent Commission).... please check your claim through academic research. And all of the victims this that you show....Are they Chinese ethnic ????? And some pictures here I believe come from the conflict between Madura and Dayak ethnic...there were bloody killing in Sumatra between those ethnic....And the majority done by Dayak ethnic who are still quite primitive (isolated ethnic...and non-Muslim...some of them even still live in the jungle).....you can search trough Youtube if you want to see the clear picture......Write "Sampit Tragedy" on Youtoube...Google...what ever....

Regarding 1998, Issues were spreading at that time to weaken Soeharto position....I was a witness during that time.....I was active during the first reformation era...as a university student....and know many issues were distributed through unreliable papers during that time....I was there also ..on the street ...during the riots after the death of Trisakti University Students....to calm the situation......

Some pictures are also taken from 1999 political clash during Habibie ruling. At that time...native Indonesian with different ideology got classed...there were killing between them...but not many...it was covered by so many journalists....It was transition time....where people from different ideology wanted to benefit from the momentum of Soeharto fall....so Conflict happened on the street...Any body here can search throug Google by writing "Pam Swakarsa 1999 Indonesia"....to see the Truth. Thanks to ALLAH we can still hold our democracy at that time...and held the first election.

You better research before you make a big sin....what ever your religion are....
I hope only educated people who are in this forum....not people who doesnt know the different between false information and the truth one.....

Last edited:
Dont spread Lies here....Indonesia and China has strategic partnership during old times...........

Zheng He and Islam in Southeast Asia
92rfh.jpg

A statue of admiral Zheng He in Melaka, Malaysia. Picture: Agency
Darul Aqsha
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN
Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SOME ninety years prior to the expedition of Italian navigator Christopher Columbus to the New World, on July 11,1405, Chinese explorer Admiral Zheng He (Cheng Ho) set sail to explore the known world for the first time by order of the emperor of the Ming Dynasty.

In the early 15th century, the Ming dynasty had built one of the most powerful fleets in history. Comprising 62 junks and 100 lesser vessels and carrying almost 30,000 men, Zheng He accomplished a total of seven great naval expeditions. He crossed the seas to the Western Oceans from China to the western part of Archipelago, the Indian Ocean, the Red Sea, and reached the east coast of Africa.

The voyages covered a total of 160,000 nautical miles or more than 296,000km, visiting more than 50 places and countries and opening up over 41 international shipping lines.

Zheng He's great naval voyages enriched the world's geography and pushed the sciences of navigation to levels never known before.

In addition, Zheng He's voyages were also aimed at setting up close and friendly diplomatic relationship, developing cultural and trade exchanges, as well as establishing and strengthening maritime communications with other countries.

Humble origins

Zheng He was born in 1371 from the nationality of Chinese Hui. His original name was Ma He or Ma San Bao. After living in the western region of China, his ancestors had moved and settled in Kunming, Yunnan.

One of his ancestors was known as Zaidinsyeh Shamsuddin, a prince of Xian Yang of the Yunnan province during the Chinese Yuan Dynasty.

Looking on his family name of Ma, Zheng He obviously was a Muslim. His family adhered to Islam for generations. His great grandfather, Bay-An, his grandfather, Charameddin, and his father, Myrikyn were "Hajis", meaning that they had performed the Haj pilgrimage in Mekah.

He rendered his service to Prince Yan, who later became Emperor Yungle of the Ming dynasty. He successfully won battles throughout the country. Therefore he was conferred upon "Top Court Eunuch of Great Influence" with surname "Zheng". After Emperor Yungle, he later serve under the next two Ming emperors.

During his voyages, his fleet visited many Asian and African countries, including the kingdoms of Brunei, Melaka, Java (Semarang and Surabaya), Palembang, Aceh in Sumatra, Pontianak (West Kalimantan), Sri Lanka, and Jeddah and Mekah in Hijaz.

Ma Huan, Zhen He's Muslim interpreter and writer who mastered Arabic and had accompanied him during his expeditions, wrote chronicles on the social life and customs of local communities he encountered in ports they visited. He recorded them in his book "The Overall Survey of the Ocean Shores" written in 1416.

In his expeditions, Zheng He was accompanied by a number of officials who were also Muslims. At the time when his fleet first arrived in Melaka, there were already Chinese Muslims living there. Ma Huan called them "tángrén". The similar communities they met were also living in other ports such as in Semarang and Surabaya in Java. At their ports of call, they actively promoted the spread of Islam, established Chinese Muslim communities and built mosques.

According to an acclaimed Indonesian philologist Slametmuljana, Zheng He established Chinese Muslim communities, first in Palembang, then in San Fa (West Kalimantan), and subsequently he founded similar communities along the northern parts of Java, the Malay Peninsula and the Philippines. They propagated Islam according to the Hanafi school of thought (madzhab) in Chinese language.

In 1430, Zheng He had already successfully established the foundations of the Hui religion Islam. After his death, Haji Yan Ying Yu became the leading man behind the Chinese Muslim community overseas, and he delegated a few local Chinese as leaders, such as trader Sun Long from Semarang, Peng Rui He and Haji Peng De Qin. Sun Long and Peng Rui He actively urged the Chinese community in "Javanisation".

They encouraged the younger Chinese generation to assimilate with the Javanese society, to take on Javanese names and way of life. Sun Long's adopted son Chen Wen, also named Radin Patah, is the son of last King of Majapahit and his Chinese wife. Chen Wen is believed by some historians to be the same Raden Fatah who had a Chinese mother and was a student and/or cousin of Sunan Ampel (one of Walisongo, the nine Muslim saints who promoted Islam in Java in 15th and 16th centuries) and was the first Sultan of Islamic sultanate of Demak.

In Surabaya, some 300km east of Demak, Ma Hua categorised communities in the city in three groups. He observed that one of the groups was Muslim community who lived in clean and healthy life style compared to the two other groups.

Prof Dr Hamka, an influential Indonesian Muslim scholar, once said in 1961 that "the development of Islam in Indonesia and Malaysia is closely related to a Chinese pious Muslim, who is none other than Admiral Zheng He".

Besides that Zheng He gave high respect for temples and places of worship of other religions. The Galle Trilingual Inscription stone tablet, erected by Zheng He around 1410 in Sri Lanka, records details about contributions of gold, silver, and silk that he made at a Buddhist mountain temple. Meanwhile, a commemorative pillar at the temple of the Taoist goddess Tian Fei, the Celestial Spouse, in Fujian province, records details about his voyages.

After his death, Chinese naval expeditions were suspended. The Hanafi madzhab that Cheng Ho and his people propagated lost almost all contact with Islam in China, and gradually was totally absorbed by the local Shafi'i madzhab.

When Melaka was successively colonised by the Portuguese, the Dutch, and later the British, Chinese were discouraged from converting to Islam. Many of the Chinese Muslim mosques, including in Singapore and Semarang (Java) became San Bao (Sam Po Kong) Chinese temples (viharas) commemorating Zheng He. After a lapse of 600 years, the influence of Chinese Muslims in Melaka and other places declined to almost nil.

Maritime dedications

Zheng He had dedicated his whole life to navigation, pioneering and linking up "the Silk and Ceramic Roads on the Ocean". He had strengthened the mutual understanding and friendly relationship between China and the Western countries, pushed forward and promoted the economy of various cities in South and Southeast Asia to prosperity.

In 2005, a mosque with Chinese architecture named "Masjid Cheng Ho" was officially open in Surabaya.The Construction Committee of Cheng Ho Mosque of Surabaya in the Indonesian province of East Java wrote in its brochure (2003): "Eunuch Sanbao's success in going west, which he made 600 years before, will live up to his reputation in history and spread far and wide forever."

The Brunei Times

That reminds me to the recent event. I wonder why the Indonesian police allowed the mob attacking Australian embassy in the spy row? I post just one image. I spare to post more disgusted pictures here.

132919942_11n.jpg

Allow to attack. Explain?

Were the Embassy got bombed like couple of years back? If being pelted by rotten eggs can be considered as an attack.

& for your information its not exactly the worst I ever seen for a diplomatic spat. If anything we're almost just as pissed & collected as the Germans.

nsa-germany.si.jpg

Angry India retaliates over US arrest of diplomat
December 18, 2013

india-diplomat-us-embassy-reuters-181213_500_333_100.JPG

A bulldozer removes the security barriers in front of the US embassy in New Delhi, yesterday. - Reuters pic, December 18, 2013.India launched a series of reprisals against US officials yesterday, foreign ministry sources said, as outrage grows over a diplomat's arrest in New York that New Delhi has branded "humiliating".

In an escalating row, the Indian government ordered a range of measures including recalling identity cards for US consular officials that speed up travel into and through India, the sources said.

"We have ordered the withdrawal of all ID cards that are issued by the Ministry of External Affairs to the officials at the US consulates across India," a senior ministry source told AFP on condition of anonymity.

The government will also stop all import clearances for the US embassy including for alcohol, the sources said, while Indian security forces removed barricades outside the US embassy in New Delhi.

Tow trucks and mechanical diggers were seen taking away the heavy barriers which control traffic on the streets around the embassy.

The moves come after India's deputy consul general in the US, Devyani Khobragade, was arrested in New York last week while dropping her children off at school.

Khobragade was arrested for allegedly underpaying her domestic helper, who is also an Indian national, and for lying on the helper's visa application form.

Anger over the incident has been mounting in the Indian press, with front-page reports yesterday claiming Khobragade had been handcuffed and "strip-searched and confined with drug addicts".

Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid said the government had taken measures to address the arrest, calling Khobragade's seizure "completely unacceptable".

"We have put in motion what we believe would be effective ways of addressing the issue but also in motion such steps that need to be taken to protect her dignity," Khurshid told reporters in New Delhi.

Later yesterday US State Department deputy spokeswoman Marie Harf said The United States is reviewing the circumstances surrounding the arrest "to ensure that all appropriate procedures were followed and every opportunity for courtesy was extended.

"The United States and India enjoy a broad and deep friendship, and this isolated episode is not indicative of the close and mutually respectful ties we share," she said in a statement.

India last Friday summoned the US ambassador to protest against the arrest, and a foreign ministry official said at the time that India was "shocked and appalled" at the handling of the incident.

The arrest touches a number of hot buttons in India, where fear of public humiliation, particularly among the middle and upper classes, resonates deeply, and pay and conditions for servants is kept mostly private.

The case is also the latest involving alleged mistreatment of domestic workers by wealthy Indian families. Many are poorly paid in India and rights groups regularly report cases of beating and other abuse.

Harf said on Monday that diplomatic security staff "followed standard procedures" during the arrest before Khobragade was handed over to US Marshals.

Harf also said Khobragade does not have full diplomatic immunity.

She only has immunity from prosecution with respect to duties performed as a consular official, under the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations.

The diplomat's father urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to intervene in the case and ensure his daughter's safe return to India.

"I am concerned with the safety and dignity of my daughter. I want my daughter back safe in India," Uttam Khobragade told TV stations.

With general elections just months away in India, both the ruling Congress party and the main opposition are keen not to be seen as being too lenient with The United States over the issue.

India's national security adviser called the diplomat's treatment "barbaric" while a string of senior politicians from both major parties snubbed a visiting US Congressional delegation over the issue.

Opposition candidate for prime minister, Narendra Modi, said in a tweet that he had "refused" to meet the US delegation over the arrest.

The speaker of the lower house of parliament also called off a meeting with the US visitors, her office said.

The Indian embassy in Washington said Friday that the detention was based on "allegations raised by the officer's former India-based domestic assistant".

The domestic worker had "absconded" from her employer in June and was already the subject of an injunction issued by the High Court in Delhi, the embassy added in a statement on its website. - AFP, December 18, 2013.

Angry India retaliates over US arrest of diplomat - The Malaysian Insider

And you post pictures which have no connection to the Chinese conflict and claim it as "evidence"? That's low.

Here boy, The 1998 conflict which includes ethnich Chinese mostly happened in Jakarta, of course there were also conflicts in another part of Indonesia but it was for some other ethnics. If you carefully check the picture, there is a toyota Kijang car, the plat of that car isn't even "B" which is a registered code for Jakarta. Can you get the picture now? :omghaha:

That's Dayak-Madurese conflict in Sampit. Sampit conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Get yourself smart, kid.

As long as Indonesia feels remote and regret over the wrong historical past, we will forgive them. Chinese people are very forgivable people. We forgive the Mongol, Manchu of whom we could easily revenge and massacre but our leaders said no.

Indonesia will be a strong strategic ally and an important force to fix our issue with ASEAN. If Indonesia on our side, then any request for military aids will be provided.

First, many of you said that the anti-Vietnamese Khmer Rouge were mostly of Chinese descent, now they all suddenly become the anti-Chinese killers in Cambodia.

Your logic has a paradox, it is hard to answer.
Very simple. The mad Red Khmers under Pol Pot not only intended to implement Chinese style Cultural Revolution in Cambodia, but wanted to annihilate the entire existing population! Only peasants should live. They did not care of nationality.

At the end of the day 2 millions were murdered. An unparalleled event in the world history. It is a well-known fact that China supported the killings and attacked Vietnam when we intervened in Cambodia.

The History Place - Genocide in the 20th Century: Pol Pot in Cambodia 1975-1979

Killing-fields-site-006.jpg

Last edited:
As long as Indonesia feels remote and regret over the wrong historical past, we will forgive them. Chinese people are very forgivable people. We forgive the Mongol, Manchu of whom we could easily revenge and massacre but our leaders said no.

Indonesia will be a strong strategic ally and an important force to fix our issue with ASEAN. If Indonesia on our side, then any request for military aids will be provided.

Of course we regret it, the conflict was part of a new born country with more than 300 ethnicities and thank god we have learned from it and feel very ashamed of what some of our countrymen did to the other ethnics.

Hey guys, all of us(Chinese & Indonesian) must look forward to a good future.

The 1998 riots in Indonesia, is the PAIN in ur country history (like 60s Mao's “Culture Revolution” in China). Don't forget the truth and learn from it, a mature political is the base to reach Indonesian achievement. These Chinese victims of 1998 riots, they r Indonesian citizens, Indonesian-Chinese, never let ur ppl cry in ur own homeland forever.

Four years ago i had a chance to visit a special Chinese farm in HaiNan island, near HaiKou city,the official name is "Indonesia Overseas Chinese Farm". Sure they could be Indonesian Chinese, but back to China since 1998 riots and now they and thier children were Chinese citizens. For these victims, it's still their life pains leaving home in Indonesia, do not let ur ppl cry.

Last edited:
Those survived pro-CPC Indonesian Chinese have already returned back to China in the 1960-1970s, those remained in Indonesia were pro-KMT.

Despite they were pro-KMT, CPC had warned them the possible coming danger and wanted to bring them back to China, but they refused, because the hatred against CPC had clouded their judgement.

It is indeed a tragedy, but these guys had already chosen their own fate, what do you want us to do? This is a lesson for all oversea Chinese to love their motherland no matter what regime it is.

In the short history of Communist China, countless of innocent were killed are directly affected by the policy of Mao that caused millions of dead, no one can live through this nightmare and still love the mother land that call China. The people that ruled China in the past caused countless of suffering to the Chinese as a whole. How many time innocent being accuse of crime against state without conviction and prosecuted by a death firing squat?

Indonesia is a country rule by majority of Muslim, they was brutally killed and maimed thousands of Chinese in sectarian violent against minority Chinese, armchair private is a good dude and he is natural not bias toward anyone with most of his post that is my opinion reading from his post.

Last edited:
Believe what you want to believe.....No use Indonesian members trying to bring the truth here.....

Remorse is the word.

Back
Top Bottom