What's new

Indo-Russian 5th Generation PAK-FA/FGFA is dead

you know the S-400 isn't the only option.

land based Barak 8 ER or PAAC-4 with David Sling could be a decent substitute

stunner_david_Sling-960x400.jpg

David sling is not approved for India.

The 1st PLAAF unit will start training with the J-20s in 2016.

India needs to get its act together and do whatever it takes,including bankrupting itself,to lay its hands on 5th gen fighters as early as possible。

PAK FA seems like a case russian trying to milk Indians to max and Indians trying to get TOT out of cash strapped russians. Deal will go through but orders will be pretty less for PAK FA and whatever TOT Indians will be able to squeeze will go into domestic AMCA. NO FGFA<PAK FA MKI> will happen this time.

India needs to get its act together and do whatever it takes,including bankrupting itself,to lay its hands on 5th gen fighters as early as possible。

PLAAF started training of Russian junked carrier couple of years back and there is no sight when this will be able to get operational clearances.
chinese still need plenty of tech. to get a mature 5th generation fighter engine is one big block and russians are milking chinese to max now selling Su-35 with may be some TOT but again I dont think so chinese will be able to field a mature 5th generation fighter capable of taking out Indian top line jets in next 10 may be 15 years.

India will simply go ahead with Russian variant of Pak-Fa if FGFA doesn't work out. Though Indian media guys are di*ks so don't take them too seriously.... They keep changing their claims every day.

India will simply go ahead with Russian variant of Pak-Fa if FGFA doesn't work out. Though Indian media guys are di*ks so don't take them too seriously.... They keep changing their claims every day.

Its not as simple as you state here. The Russian themselves are not very confident of PAK FA. The have reduced their orders from 55 to 17. But the other main issue with PAK FA is that the Indian Air Force is not on the same page with Russian when it comes to 5th generation and what constitute a 5th generation plane. It is this part which is the main obstacle. Many in IAF thinks that the cost that they need to pay for PAK FA is not justifiable atleast till many of the so called 5th generation technology is absent. I am no expert on a 5th generation plane but this what I have gathered from the guys who claim to have knowledge on these subjects.

Last edited:
India will go ahead with Pak-Fa I think as FGFA is not working.
Exactly!! As simple as that...India 2-3 squadrons of pak-fa and later mkize it...
No country gives it's most advanced technologies...people in MOD needs to realize this!!

Not yet but its about matter of time. Back in old days, Elta 2052 wasn't approved too...

Let's hope so. BJP has already sacrificed the Indo-Russian relations at the alter of DTTI.

Now the best option for India is to settle the disputes with China and Pakistan ASAP by ceding Arunachal Pradesh and Kashmir. Hopefully this would prevent a war and disintegration of India.

Exactly!! As simple as that...India 2-3 squadrons of pak-fa and later mkize it...
No country gives it's most advanced technologies...people in MOD needs to realize this!!

Do you think Putin is going to sell PAK-FA to India with India entering into DTTI by signing the foundational agreements?

Indo-Russian relations are dead.

I dont think so chinese will be able to field a mature 5th generation fighter capable of taking out Indian top line jets in next 10 may be 15 years.

LOL, J-20 and J-31 are already flying and operational for years.

Mass production of J-20 officially starts in 2017.

So, more like 1 or 2 years. Rather than 10 or 15.

Let's hope so. BJP has already sacrificed the Indo-Russian relations at the alter of DTTI.
You need to cool down!! This fgfa thing is going on for decade...you are talking about one of the most advanced technologies here...no country would hand over it just like that...and money it is upwards of 30 billiondollars this deal!!
If fgfa doesn't work out we'll go for pakfa!!
And I thought you were apolitical...lol I'm so wrong!!
Concentrate on thing that are done!!
Btw...30 billion dollars is big money and more so for Russia!! It wouldn't lose that deal for tantrums...India is and will remain largest market for Russia...China wont buy pakfa from them...any there is not other country that can replace India as market for Russia!!
So keep calm!!
If you are doing this just to blame bjp!! Then no comment ignore my above post!

Now the best option for India is to settle the disputes with China and Pakistan ASAP by ceding Arunachal Pradesh and Kashmir. Hopefully this would prevent a war and disintegration of India.

Do you think Putin is going to sell PAK-FA to India with India entering into DTTI by signing the foundational agreements?

You know it is posts like these which create doubt in my mind that whether I am making any useful addition to this forum or if I am a toy in the hands of a clever impostor like you. No offense but I am yet to meet any Indian who has this line of thinking. This part is really amusing :

"Now the best option for India is to settle the disputes with China and Pakistan ASAP by ceding Arunachal Pradesh and Kashmir. Hopefully this would prevent a war and disintegration of India."

LOL J-20 and J-31 are already flying and operational for years.

Mass production of J-20 officially starts in 2017.

flying and operational has a lot of distance neighbor.
I have some knowledge on metallurgy and from what I have got to learn from
neutral sources chinese are still atleast 15 years away from developing a truly feasible operational safe military thrust engine for
modern fighter jets needing much higher thrust and kj of energy.

I think true teller of a countries ability of scientific prowess's is metallurgy, which ultimately
birth the engines of the Earth and space.China lags behind at least 30 years from US
europe is 15 years away, russians may be a decade ahead in this field, if you want to bring India in then India lags a decade behind chinese but if US is serious in helping India then whatever advances chinese make with russian help USA will simply provide metallurgy help to India to keep pace with chinese.

No offense, but you have gone off your rocker. Russia is not the Soviet Union anymore, they don't have the economy, technology, or diplomacy to match what the Soviets had. PAK FA will be on hiatus until Russia can prove that their plane is worth purchasing and they can give real guarantees, until then it will be the Rafale+Tejas Mk1 combo, with focus on development of Tejas Mk2 and AMCA.

Indian Navy will get F-35C as part of the new EMALS carrier, as it is obvious US would not offer cutting-edge EMALS if India would not purchase something else like the F-35C to go along with it.

Back
Top Bottom