What's new

Indigenous AAM for PAF

No. there is no local activity. One of the proposals we tried to get over to Pak Govt was to join into A-Darter program together with Brazil. It is now nearly over and final tests are underway.

Why didnt it go through? Was it an issue on the Pak side or the South African side? I believe PAF's requirement for 5g WVRAAMs if they choose to equip just the planned JF-17 fleet of 150+ could easily be more than 400 missiles

We have no such research & industrial base bro

R-77 that India have are basic version as China

No we had have AMRAAM since 2005-6 i think, not since 80s

PL-15 have a range of 150-200 KM but current JF-17 can't guide PL-15 because of its radar range, KJ-7V2 has radar range of 130 KM, PL-15 will come for upcoming Block-3 which will equipped KJ-7A AESA with a radar range of 170 KM @War Thunder

Meteor range of 100 KM and our AMRAAM and SD-10 have already similar range but it will fired at long range because it has 3 times greater NEZ (NO ESCAPE ZONE) range as compare to conventional BVRs @member.exe

you're just always speculate senselessly @Umair Nawaz

And PL-15 has not a range of 400 KM but you're referring to other air to air missile that China recently test on their J-16 , its refer as PL-XX or VLRAAM as per top-81 blog here it is
View attachment 552161

fcuk you have no proof that on 27 FEB there was BVR shot at 70-80 KM, again you're speculating senselessly @Umair Nawaz :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

you don't know the basic procedures of air interceptions, and American didn't claim PL-15 has range of 400 km but other missiiles named PL-XX/VLRAAM
View attachment 552161
again you're speculating senselessly at tail chase BVR far less chance to hit the target because BVR depleting its kinetic energy far more quickly then head on attack @Umair Nawaz :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:, i believes in DG-ISPR press conference we had have downed only 2 IAF and don't believes in your false speculations/assertions @Umair Nawaz

Every respected defense site said that it has instrumental range of 600 KM and for fighter jet detection range of 450 km we believed on those respected site like janes/Flight global/Aviation weekly not on your assumptions/speculations @War Thunder
I KNOW PL15 dont have 400km range! but 150km.....thats why i asked him to take his ''pick'' whatever that is according to us and Chinese its 150km.

I KNOW PL15 dont have 400km range! but 150km.....thats why i asked him to take his ''pick'' whatever that is according to us and Chinese its 150km.
I already told you American don't consider PL-15 has a range 400 KM but they think about PL-XX/VLRAAM, are you have a comprehension problem @Umair Nawaz

Ok since I am actually bored and annoyed Af, from this moronic discussion whether F-16 was shot down(it isn't get over it.), the real question is what are we doing A2A missile Platform.
Because I was kind a worried when PAF said that Pakistan has took the emergency shipment of 100 PL-15, I mean its good and all but, what are we doing on that field, when are we going to seriously pursue this tech, because if any thing I understood, there is something IAF had that our current SD-10 can not hit what was the emergency.View attachment 551937 View attachment 551938
PL-15 and PL-21 like missiles are used to shoot down Awacs and refuling aircraft from more than 300 Km away. or aircraft sitting on runways hundreds of kilomters away which are static or in low motion state.

it makes perfect sense to destroy these targets ASAP when hostilies begin, so that even low level aircraft can enter enemy territory to take out SAM sites like S-400 , and IRON DOME like anti air missile shields. so those PL-15 are door openers for drones and even low cost low tier aircraft to drop kamakazi style or stand off weapons on Anti Air defense shields of enemy. we know india will get s400 in this 2019 year hence the urgency of getting UAV's armed with kamazki missiles and Very very long range air to air and air to ground missiles.

this makes total sense. kill all enemy threats in a surprise whenever hostilies begin. so that war becomes fast and easy

it is 2019 and 2020 ERA hence the urgency and emergency Future is now.

The technologies involved behind a high quality AAM seeker and radar is complex. We don't have the experience or resources to develop them. Silly topic.

PL-15 and PL-21 like missiles are used to shoot down Awacs and refuling aircraft from more than 300 Km away. or aircraft sitting on runways hundreds of kilomters away which are static or in low motion state.

it makes perfect sense to destroy these targets ASAP when hostilies begin, so that even low level aircraft can enter enemy territory to take out SAM sites like S-400 , and IRON DOME like anti air missile shields. so those PL-15 are door openers for drones and even low cost low tier aircraft to drop kamakazi style or stand off weapons on Anti Air defense shields of enemy. we know india will get s400 in this 2019 year hence the urgency of getting UAV's armed with kamazki missiles and Very very long range air to air and air to ground missiles.

this makes total sense. kill all enemy threats in a surprise whenever hostilies begin. so that war becomes fast and easy

it is 2019 and 2020 ERA hence the urgency and emergency Future is now.
PL-15 has range 150-200 Km it is a same class as AIM-120 C-7, there are other Chinese Long range air to air missiles recently tested from J-16 is Called PL-XX or VLRAAM (VERY LONG RANGE AIR TO AIR MISSILE) with a range of 400 KM, and ramjet powered PL-21 might be on hold or canceled in favor of PL-15/VLRAAM @Foxtrot Delta

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan is working on its own BVR but even if we develop them there are chances it would be kept secret for really long time

Hi Guys

What are the chances that PAF managed to integrate AIM-120C missiles on to the JF-17 Aircraft?

Secondly, Would attaching AIM-120C missiles on the JF-17 be frowned upon by the USA?

Thirdly, Do we have enough missiles to make this whole adventure worth it?

1: None.

2: Yes.

3: Not sure what mean, please clarify.

I don't know why we want to integrate AMRAAMs on JF-17s , while we have our F-16s that can be used any day any times against our enemies...

Hi Guys

What are the chances that PAF managed to integrate AIM-120C missiles on to the JF-17 Aircraft?

Secondly, Would attaching AIM-120C missiles on the JF-17 be frowned upon by the USA?

Thirdly, Do we have enough missiles to make this whole adventure worth it?
Yes PAF has integrated it on JF17 since it is not a problem as we have full control over JF17's bus.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom