What's new

Indigenous AAM for PAF

"over" meaning Pakistan as partner in this project?

yes. our requirements are not many, brazil is the largest procurer but most likely many more in the south american region once brazil starts procurement.
Pak would have been the largest.

Can it be a joint venture with private defense companies in Pakistan to develop AAM?
It depends ... do these private enterprises have enough capital? Is the PAF willing to let these companies hold IP and work independently from PAC, AWC, etc? In a way, I think it could be interesting to see if DESCON and other big construction and real estate firms (which seem to be the bigger players in Pakistan) branch into defence, but that requires vision, planning, and execution.

Because I was kind a worried when PAF said that Pakistan has took the emergency shipment of 100 PL-15, I mean its good and all but, what are we doing on that field, when are we going to seriously pursue this tech, because if any thing I understood, there is something IAF had that our current SD-10 can not hit what was the emergency.View attachment 551937 View attachment 551938

i do not think PL-15s induction will be for issues in SD-10, it is for enhancing specific tactics.

There was a reason Modi mentioned Rafale, one of the cue to you is 'fire and forget' ranges in BVR.. that was an 'eye opener' for them..

yes. our requirements are not many, brazil is the largest procurer but most likely many more in the south american region once brazil starts procurement.
Pak would have been the largest.
Not going for A-darter and not utilising SA knowledge of HMDS was PAF biggest mistake of past decade.

It depends ... do these private enterprises have enough capital? Is the PAF willing to let these companies hold IP and work independently from PAC, AWC, etc? In a way, I think it could be interesting to see if DESCON and other big construction and real estate firms (which seem to be the bigger players in Pakistan) branch into defence, but that requires vision, planning, and execution.

It would be a good idea to encourage private sector to be involve in defense production. There is a lot of money that can be made in defense industry.

Descon,....can they even attempt to replicate Bosch 3-pass shell industrial biolers. Mafioso.

Descon,....can they even attempt to replicate Bosch 3-pass shell industrial biolers. Mafioso.
The sad party is even Fuaji Foundation hasn't done anything in terms of investment in R&D

It’s more depressing than the first day I heard about Balakot’s strike.

I didn't find not a single research or an article that Pakistan is developing this Indigenous capability.
We have no such research & industrial base bro
I hope R-77 would help us in any shape or form WC Abhi none done has sacrifice his career to give us the tech.
R-77 that India have are basic version as China
and I said design about R-77 we have AAMRAM since 80 so we know its tech, but you can not make UN-licence weapon which is sold to you.
No we had have AMRAAM since 2005-6 i think, not since 80s
Now with PL-15 we can hit them even from like 20 km's away from the border while they are also 20 - 30 kilometer inside theirs.
Kinda like nightmare scenario for them.
PL-15 have a range of 150-200 KM but current JF-17 can't guide PL-15 because of its radar range, KJ-7V2 has radar range of 130 KM, PL-15 will come for upcoming Block-3 which will equipped KJ-7A AESA with a radar range of 170 KM @War Thunder
Not when the meteor arrives next door
Meteor range of 100 KM and our AMRAAM and SD-10 have already similar range but it will fired at long range because it has 3 times greater NEZ (NO ESCAPE ZONE) range as compare to conventional BVRs @member.exe
we r developing both WVR and BVR missiles of 5th gen class since 2016 atleast for Project Azm and will be used on JF17 project too.
you're just always speculate senselessly @Umair Nawaz
hahaha kaka g pl15 range is 150km, and according to Americans thats 400km.......take yr pick, whatever that is, its not mere 20km from inside our borders and 20-30 km inside their's.
And PL-15 has not a range of 400 KM but you're referring to other air to air missile that China recently test on their J-16 , its refer as PL-XX or VLRAAM as per top-81 blog here it is
J-16_PL-15a.jpg

lala g 27 feb PAF scored the longest BVR kill in history ie Su30 in Badgam just outside Srinagar, which makes it longer then previous longest kill of mere 60km..... It was about 70 or 80 km range kill.

agr kisi ny long range kill score he nahi ki the to iss main BVR ya usski effectiveness ka kasur nai ha.
fcuk you have no proof that on 27 FEB there was BVR shot at 70-80 KM, again you're speculating senselessly @Umair Nawaz :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
Through our AWACS what else, we have Link17 to do this. We cant hit targets in Dehli from Islamabad but we CAN from Lahore.....and PL15's range is 400km only according to Americans, according to us and Chinese its only 150km:partay:

My dear if u dont know abt Su30 kill then that does mean i dont also. How else u think India blew up its own helicopter which fell well within their territory from LOC:azn:. Lets just say their Israeli Spyder AD missile wasnt targeting our jets as they say but our SD10 BVR missile chasing one of their aircrafts which were shot down......I also know that there were not mere 2 aircrafts shot down by Pakistan that day.....that number has much larger
you don't know the basic procedures of air interceptions, and American didn't claim PL-15 has range of 400 km but other missiiles named PL-XX/VLRAAM
J-16_PL-15a.jpg

again you're speculating senselessly at tail chase BVR far less chance to hit the target because BVR depleting its kinetic energy far more quickly then head on attack @Umair Nawaz :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:, i believes in DG-ISPR press conference we had have downed only 2 IAF and don't believes in your false speculations/assertions @Umair Nawaz
It can't detect an aircraft flying 400 KM's inside enemy territory, while staying within ours, if its range is as stated. Unless it was more than 600 KM's and then it might pick target of the size of SU-30 at say 450 or so KM's.
But I doubt it has that great of a range, or the indians would have jumped up and down, and left and right when we purchased it.
Every respected defense site said that it has instrumental range of 600 KM and for fighter jet detection range of 450 km we believed on those respected site like janes/Flight global/Aviation weekly not on your assumptions/speculations @War Thunder

I'd look at it from the POV of who has capital (and in the open). Descon does, the rest is a matter of it letting a defence subsidiary develop independently and build all those capacities. Money bridges many gaps.

I think PAF will go for more PL-15 and Later PLXX ( 400km range) instead of producing indigenous missiles

Back
Top Bottom