What's new

Indigenous AAM for PAF

I don't know why we want to integrate AMRAAMs on JF-17s , while we have our F-16s that can be used any day any times against our enemies...

Well, the general consensus is that we can't use F-16's for offensive strikes, only defensive. Integrating the AMRAAMS on JF17 circles around this limitation.

Yes PAF has integrated it on JF17 since it is not a problem as we have full control over JF17's bus.

Then that means that AMRAAM missile found in Jammu Kashmir could have been fired by JF-17. Although, the radar range is a problem on the JF-17.

3. Do we have enough stock piles of missiles to make the project of integrating AIM-120c to JF-17, worth while?
Doubt it, but why would you want to? At that point, may ad well risk sanctions and reverse engineer them.

Pakistan already has plenty of fighters that use the aim 120c, they're called the f16s. What is the point of integrating the missiles on the thunder, as Pakistan had plenty of f16s. The US would never allow more sales of the aim 120c, if it was meant that the missile would be integrated into the JF17.

Yes PAF has integrated it on JF17 since it is not a problem as we have full control over JF17's bus.
Source on this. No offense to you, but I don't believe for a second that the thunder can run the aim 120c. It would require either reverse engineering, or US technical support, neither of which are probable to have happened.

Doubt it, but why would you want to? At that point, may ad well risk sanctions and reverse engineer them.

Pakistan already has plenty of fighters that use the aim 120c, they're called the f16s. What is the point of integrating the missiles on the thunder, as Pakistan had plenty of f16s. The US would never allow more sales of the aim 120c, if it was meant that the missile would be integrated into the JF17.

Source on this. No offense to you, but I don't believe for a second that thr thunder can run the aim 120c.

Logically speaking, you are absolutely correct.

I'm trying to find out if this is possible on a short term basis, Maybe you know, you had an engineer who had his plate empty and had nothing to do.. suddenly came up with an idea to integrate said missile in said plane... say overnight? :P

Logically speaking, you are absolutely correct.

I'm trying to find out if this is possible on a short term basis, Maybe you know, you had an engineer who had his plate empty and had nothing to do.. suddenly came up with an idea to integrate said missile in said plane... say overnight? :P
If only it were that easy, Pakistan's military industry would be light years ahead, but once again, not possible. It is a massive technical challenge to integrate a missile onto a platform that it was never designed for. It's not just the physical limitations, but programming issues as well. Pakistan would need a massive amount of time, and at that point, they'd essentially be reverse engineering the damn thing.

Well, the general consensus is that we can't use F-16's for offensive strikes, only defensive. Integrating the AMRAAMS on JF17 circles around this limitation.
Get your facts right... On 27 feb day we actually proved those general consensus wrong...
Im not defense expert but what you guys want here that we need JF-17 to fire AMRAAMs because F-16 have a kill switch which will makes our F-16s dud... What u guys are missing here that AMRAAMs are also American missiles, what if those missiles itself have kill switches??? :lol:

Hi Guys

What are the chances that PAF managed to integrate AIM-120C missiles on to the JF-17 Aircraft?

Secondly, Would attaching AIM-120C missiles on the JF-17 be frowned upon by the USA?

Thirdly, Do we have enough missiles to make this whole adventure worth it?

1) With the current melting of the ice, it could happen.

2) It can only be done with their approval.

3) Yes

Get your facts right... On 27 feb day we actually proved those general consensus wrong...
Im not defense expert but what you guys want here that we need JF-17 to fire AMRAAMs because F-16 have a kill switch which will makes our F-16s dud... What u guys are missing here that AMRAAMs are also American missiles, what if those missiles itself have kill switches??? :lol:
F16s don't have a kill switch, that's just a conspiracy theory.

Well the fact is that we didnt operate F-16's in enemy territory, hence they were used in a defensive role.

Mirages were used for percision bombing in enemy territory.

Why do you think India was jumping up and down about F-16's being used in an offensive role. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even Washington is ambigous on this.

Ok since I am actually bored and annoyed Af, from this moronic discussion whether F-16 was shot down(it isn't get over it.), the real question is what are we doing A2A missile Platform.
Because I was kind a worried when PAF said that Pakistan has took the emergency shipment of 100 PL-15, I mean its good and all but, what are we doing on that field, when are we going to seriously pursue this tech, because if any thing I understood, there is something IAF had that our current SD-10 can not hit what was the emergency.View attachment 551937 View attachment 551938
why would it want to? china is next door spengin the money making them and exporting full fat versions to pakistan, and then you have turkey is making/developing missiles.
iu

might as well co-produce/develop them and then develop indigenous missiles later.
then again the pl-15 from what i have seen does seem to look like a beast, and india does not have anything like it. and the meteor is not much of a problem on the rafale as it is on the typhoon or gripen, because the rafale is only able to give a one way data link to the meteor were as the typhoon and gripen is two way.

the meteor is not much of a problem on the rafale as it is on the typhoon or gripen, because the rafale is only able to give a one way data link to the meteor were as the typhoon and gripen is two way.

Why have they integrated the Meteor and not taken full advantage of its capabilities? Odd????

you have turkey is making/developing missiles.

Having Turkish AAMs on the JF17 will be a massive tactical boost to the JF17. The variety of AAMs from different vendors will massively complicate IAFs countermeasure capability against the JF17. I cannot wait to see them. Since we have already had some Turkish systems integrated onto the JF17, they dont have the same hangups on integration that some European companies will do.

Having Turkish AAMs on the JF17 will be a massive tactical boost to the JF17. The variety of AAMs from different vendors will massively complicate IAFs countermeasure capability against the JF17. I cannot wait to see them. Since we have already had some Turkish systems integrated onto the JF17, they dont have the same hangups on integration that some European companies will do.
It'd open the door to being able to use Western radars as well. However, I hope this stuff about co-developing AAMs with Turkey comes to pass.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1857733/8-turkey-provide-cybersecurity/

why would it want to? china is next door spengin the money making them and exporting full fat versions to pakistan, and then you have turkey is making/developing missiles.
iu

might as well co-produce/develop them and then develop indigenous missiles later.
then again the pl-15 from what i have seen does seem to look like a beast, and india does not have anything like it. and the meteor is not much of a problem on the rafale as it is on the typhoon or gripen, because the rafale is only able to give a one way data link to the meteor were as the typhoon and gripen is two way.

Hi,

Actually china is loving it---. It could not have made a better bargain with pak military consortium---.

It's aircraft---its radars---EW packages and missiles got tested against a superior enemy and came out successful in a red hot zone---. It could not ask for more---.

JV's are so important and fruitfull that even Japan is working with Northrop for their 5th gen aircraft ( YF23 ).

Hi,

Actually china is loving it---. It could not have made a better bargain with pak military consortium---.

It's aircraft---its radars---EW packages and missiles got tested against a superior enemy and came out successful in a red hot zone---. It could not ask for more---.

JV's are so important and fruitfull that even Japan is working with Northrop for their 5th gen aircraft ( YF23 ).

I agree China is the real beneficiary of this encounter as it has had the following affect;

1)Their weapons got tested in a hostile environment and came out on top.

2) Doubts of Chinese weapons ability, capability & reliability smashed.

3) It gives the Chinese confidence in their technology & feedback to enhance & improve.

4) More interest will be drawn towards Chinese defence systems by many nations.

So it’s a win win for a very successful business minded nation.

I agree China is the real beneficiary of this encounter as it has had the following affect;

1)Their weapons got tested in a hostile environment and came out on top.

2) Doubts of Chinese weapons ability, capability & reliability smashed.

3) It gives the Chinese confidence in their technology & feedback to enhance & improve.

4) More interest will be drawn towards Chinese defence systems by many nations.

So it’s a win win for a very successful business minded nation.
It is a win-win cooperation between China and Pakistan.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom