What's new

India's UN 'yes' vote was a wrong move on Sri Lanka

that's what I'm saying why should we Sri Lankans care about Indians/ Or any other country/ and their wars?

What u wouldn't even care if there is a war happening in your neighbourhood??

Executing a terrorist is fine, but how do you know he/she is a terrorist?

If Prabhakaran was killed at a point blank range , no questions will be raised.

When his 13 year old was killed , it raises alot of questions.

It is easy to identify them for army, army has different groups.

Yes. It looks like our intelligence units wanted to complete end of treat.
But his parents were under government until they die.

What u wouldn't even care if there is a war happening in your neighbourhood??

Ask from any Sri Lankan about Indo-pak or India-china wars? no one knows or cares about those things or India's matters. Actually tell me why should Sri Lankans care about India?

Executing a terrorist is fine, but how do you know he/she is a terrorist?

If Prabhakaran was killed at a point blank range , no questions will be raised.

When his 13 year old was killed , it raises alot of questions.

Exactly, when a 13 year old is killed so brutally what more could have happened there??

The thing is Srilankan Army did its brutal killing and when it is questioned they are crying terrorism, even after LTTE is finished.

India's vote was a good one. The Srilankan thinking currently is to use China card against us so that we would back off. However

they are over using it right now. People think this is an outcome of India's hard ball or whatever with Srilanka but they started u

using it long ago. However Rajapakse and others knew that it was dangerous so when hambanota issue came he said, Chinese co

me and go but India is here to stay. Over the time they will come to know of the dangers of using Chinese card too much with In

dia. The day we call this bluff is the day they will keep quiet.

I find that statement hard to accept. The biggest challenge for any security forces in counter insurgency or counter terrorist operatins is isolating/identifying the combatant from the general population.

Lets say your army's intelligence is extremely good and accurate. then when inquiry occurs they shouldn't have any problem to provide corroborative evidence that those executed in the videos were hardcore terrorists . So why be so averse to HR violations investigations?

Exactly, when a 13 year old is killed so brutally what more could have happened there??

The thing is Srilankan Army did its brutal killing and when it is questioned they are crying terrorism, even after LTTE is finished.

India's vote was a good one. The Srilankan thinking currently is to use China card against us so that we would back off. However

they are over using it right now. People think this is an outcome of India's hard ball or whatever with Srilanka but they started u

using it long ago. However Rajapakse and others knew that it was dangerous so when hambanota issue came he said, Chinese co

me and go but India is here to stay. Over the time they will come to know of the dangers of using Chinese card too much with In

I think the Chinese card in the region has little significance here atleast until 2030. I'm sure GSL is smart enough to know.

, the reason i believe why India voted i mentioned in another thread

This is exactly what the Tamil Nadu politicians would want you to believe, they"ll take credit the current decision taken by GOI for domestic political gains.

Voting in favor of war crimes had nothing to do with Western pressure. but a consesus with the USA.(kinda of rare)

Ever wondered why the USA who once upon a time an ally of Sri Lanka, brought in this resolution.

A couple of wikileaks cable can give us a peak into the American thought process.

SRI LANKA WAR-CRIMES ACCOUNTABILITY: THE TAMIL PERSPECTIVE

Another one

ACCOUNTABILITY: FONSEKA STIRS UP HORNETS' NEST

Just like the USA , India too believes if the accountability for war is brought and the grievances of the Sri Lankan Tamil community is valued, the possibility of reemergence of LTTE extremism is mitigated.

The only reason Sri Lanka resists it so much is because of the level of involvement of GSI

Long run advantages always come at short term costs.

So it begs the question what the long term advantage for India or US might be? Guess?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/167637-sri-lanka-may-stop-preferential-trade-india-8.html#post2738205

What's wrong with dealing China? If Sri Lanka n China wanted improve their relationship it is their decision. India do not need to cry! ;)

This is a political issue than a human rights issue.

I just wonder where were those people who are talking about human rights when this Tamil tiger terrorist group were doing genocide against Sinhala, Tamil, Moors and all Sri Lankans? People who are talking about the human rights from Indian Tamilnadu state are funny, they sponsored the Tamil tigers but so blind about killing about moderate Tamil leaders and other civilians of Sri Lanka. These are the people who talks about SL Tamils rights in daytime and at night who jumped to SL waters and stealing SL Tamil fishermen's catch. lol Y'day SL fishermen boycott fishing coz of these Tamilnadu fishermen's activities.

Wasn't the LTTE declared to be a terrorist organisation in India. If I remember correctly, the Sri Lankan government at one time wanting to talk to the LTTE and was asking India to drop LTTE from its list of terrorists so that they could be involved in the talks too?

Yes. It looks like our intelligence units wanted to complete end of treat.
But his parents were under government until they die.

Ask from any Sri Lankan about Indo-pak or India-china wars? no one knows or cares about those things or India's matters. Actually tell me why should Sri Lankans care about India?

I will tell u why because i am ur neighbour and our relations haven't started yesterday. If u think u can any thing (hint Chinese entry) which can endanger us strategically or militarily we will be forced to act on it and u know what i am talking about.

What's wrong with dealing China? If Sri Lanka n China wanted improve their relationship it is their decision. India do not need to cry! ;)

Nobody said dealing with China is bad it is ur soverign right, u get as cosy u want with them. However there comes a time when India factor will arise as we are around u, just don't make the mistake of thinking we don't care then ok because ;) well somethings are better understood than said.

Nothing, but if you think that yo can play the China Card against us you are mistaken. Atleast listen to what your countrymen has to say about it

Last edited by a moderator:
I will tell u why because i am ur neighbour and our relations haven't started yesterday. If u think u can any thing (hint Chinese entry) which can endanger us strategically or militarily we will be forced to act on it and u know what i am talking about.

I just said how Sri Lankans think. India & China are just countries, there is no reason to be in love more with one.

and don't cry when India and China have conflict and SL gets targeted by us for your support to China:azn:

Back
Top Bottom