What's new

India's successful AAD makes Pakistan's missile striking capability obsolete

Too early to estimate as any anti-missile defense system can be defeated with correct counter measure..

Just heard on BBC, the US, EU, Japan, South Korea and Russia have decided to abandon their SAM and anti ballistic programs in favor of Indian AAD. Too bad for EADS, LM, SELEX, RATHEON and Almaz. All ran out of business.

Already did it before , will do it again :coffee:.

Now, what I'd like to know is that has this platform been made mobile, knowing Nasr is an ambush weapon, what guarantees that it would be successfully be deployed during Indian Armor entrance into Pakistan, mind you, I'm talking purely in a battlefield scenario.
Well Mr. when your Nasr will be real threat, India will buy IRON DOME.......... Now don't tell me you don't know what is IRON DOME is , lol

Already did it before , will do it again :coffee:.

Now, what I'd like to know is that has this platform been made mobile, knowing Nasr is an ambush weapon, what guarantees that it would be successfully be deployed during Indian Armor entrance into Pakistan, mind you, I'm talking purely in a battlefield scenario.

Well Akash being completely road mobile will be deployed along with advancing infantry/Tank Columns and if patriots can intercept scuds then Akash can Nasr. Besides we do have PINAKA and Prahar to take out the Tactical Columns from raining further damages for which You stand defenceless.

My concern would be how financially viable would taking out Nasr with an akash would be.

Not yet it doesn't.
We need active threat detection systems in place like the US SBIRS, and sensitive locations and coastlines should be peppered with 3D MFCRs, Swordfish LRTRs and other early warning systems, alongside the fast tracking of phase 2 i.e. the PDV missile, and Indian naval destroyers should be equipped with high powered radars and ABMs like the Arleigh Burke class is with AN/SPY-1s and SM3s respectively and of course improve theatre missile defense command for better detection and interception and overall battlefield management.

Not even US anti missile killer is successful and here is Indian? US has 1/100% in R&D and having 100s years of experience in working, manufacturing, advancements and designing military hardware? lol

How can this system will stop incoming "MULTIPLE" Medium, Short-Range, Long-Range, Cruise missiles simultaneously ? :crazy:

India on Sunday launched successfully testfired its indigenously developed supersonic interceptor missile, which is capable of bringing down hostile ballistic missiles.

With this latest development, India has become fourth country after US, Russia and Israel to have successfully developed a ballistic missile defence system beating China in the race to deploy an effective Defence System.

Considered to be an important technological milestone,the indigeneous system will largely negate Pakistan’s strategic striking capability in the country.

@PARIKRAMA @Srinivas @nair @Nair saab @ranjeet @Rajaraja Chola @Abba_Dabba_Jabba @Abingdonboy etc

Good for India. However, some real missconceptions and propaganda exist in this article:

1) The Missile Tech is Israeli. So by assembling it inside India, you can't call it "indigenous". Even assembled and tested in India, its still a huge deal as it sets up a technology base within India to expand per India's requirements. So still a great step forward for India.

2) You can't just assume that because one test was successful or 5 were successful, every single incoming missile has now become obsolete. That's childish to say. No missile defense system would provide 90% guarantee. The best ones, are 70-80% effective IMO.

3) The response to this, may be in the shape of a Hyper-sonic missile from Pakistan. Just my gut feeling. They have the tech, they have the knowledge, all they need is some advance systems to make and test Hyper-sonic missiles. Shaheen platform is solid fueled and the Pakistanis are well versed in that. A Hyper-sonic vehicle (glider) can be put on top of Shaheen for its initial phase before a Hyper-sonic flight takes course and doesn't give today's missile systems anytime to react, no matter how "super sonic" they may be.

4) This would, for sure, start another arms race in an ALREADY volatile region (and one of the poorest in the world). So now both India and Pakistanis will be spending money in creating ABM and Hypersonic systems. SAD for humanity!

Good for India. However, some real missconceptions and propaganda exist in this article:

1) The Missile Tech is Israeli. So by assembling it inside India, you can't call it "indigenous". Even assembled and tested in India, its still a huge deal as it sets up a technology base within India to expand per India's requirements. So still a great step forward for India.

Says Who ? You ?
Dont Talk without a Credible Source.

2) You can't just assume that because one test was successful or 5 were successful, every single incoming missile has now become obsolete. That's childish to say. No missile defense system would provide 90% guarantee. The best ones, are 70-80% effective IMO.

So What ?
We staill have S400s and Aegis and THAAD in Service.
I guess some nations still believe in "Childish" Stuff. But anyways, Your statement will reliev a few nations which dont have a BMD in the first place.

3) The response to this, may be in the shape of a Hyper-sonic missile from Pakistan. Just my gut feeling. They have the tech, they have the knowledge, all they need is some advance systems to make and test Hyper-sonic missiles. Shaheen platform is solid fueled and the Pakistanis are well versed in that. A Hyper-sonic vehicle (glider) can be put on top of Shaheen for its initial phase before a Hyper-sonic flight takes course and doesn't give today's missile systems anytime to react, no matter how "super sonic" they may be.

lol.. Matlab.. Kuch Bhi ??:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4) This would, for sure, start another arms race in an ALREADY volatile region (and one of the poorest in the world). So now both India and Pakistanis will be spending money in creating ABM and Hypersonic systems. SAD for humanity!

What Race ?
Does pakistan has money for the Race ?

So you think your troops will be able to carry and protect your yet to be inducted iron dome inside Pakistani territory, yeah sure

Yeah, while Pakistan is sending Nasr's, India will sit quietly and do nothing. That is absolutely true.

Many of the discussions on forums between us remind me of a chess player who is only concentrating on the moves he is making without ever thinking about the moves enemy is making.

Fortunately for both our nations, our military is much better at analytics than us, hence we are NOT seeing some of the "brilliant" moves proposed by us here.

Well Mr. when your Nasr will be real threat, India will buy IRON DOME.......... Now don't tell me you don't know what is IRON DOME is , lol

India bought TOT for all three layers of missiles, the higher altitude (in the test video here),the Iron Dome and Barak. Iron Dome doesn't protect from every missile like PAC3 and other very higher end systems. But albeit, great technological leap forward by India as now she has Israeli tech which is state of the art.

Also, its VERY difficult to hit a depressed trajectory missile withing 40-60 KM's, if you add maneuvering (self intelligence), its even more difficult. I just hope a time never comes when these systems can be put to a real test by humans. Because many of these intercepts will be successful and many won't be. And that will be the case for both sides. There is nothing providing 100% safety. Heck, most modern and sophisticated governments can't protect their citizens 100%. These are mere machines, which just react to an inbound event.

Not even US anti missile killer is successful and here is Indian? US has 1/100% in R&D and having 100s years of experience in working, manufacturing, advancements and designing military hardware? lol

How can this system will stop incoming "MULTIPLE" Medium, Short-Range, Long-Range, Cruise missiles simultaneously ? :crazy:
Even after having 100's yrs of exp, its Indian Sat which reached mars in first attempt, and also Indian prope which find water in moon.....lol So past exp count here nothing.

With Multiple Defensive missile. and also now India developing Lasers

Back
Top Bottom