What's new

India's shopping for lightweight mountain-friendly tanks post China tussles

Didn't Bipin Rawat say that India was ready for "two-front war" and for all "contingencies"? If they were, then why the need for new toys?

It seems India's leaders are too busy beating their chests to think clearly. I don't know if this BS is just for local consumption, but it's exposing India's weakness to the world. That it seeks light tanks now is proof of how short-sighted India's defense policymakers are. These pieces should've been in place before hostilities, not after.

And don't get me started on India's moribund defense industry, which can't even field a decent assault rifle (the most basic weapon!) for its army, let alone produce a light tank. And don't mention Tejas to me.

I really hope the politicos and mandarins in New Delhi take a holistic view of India's defense policy. Trash talking without the ability to back it up is just that, trash.

Well THE BOSS just withdrew his 200,000 man armny without firing a bullet .
Lots of chest thumbing but no CIGAR
Modi will outlast Xi in the hot seat

No. The Boss just won the war without firing a bullet or losing a man. :rofl:

And The infrastucture work continues

When will you complete? Xi & PLA are losing patience.

They have been eagerly waiting to use the Darbuk–Shyok-DBO road for years now.
If you delay any further Chinese will takeover and complete it. :china:

It seems India's leaders are too busy beating their chests to think clearly. I don't know if this BS is just for local consumption, but it's exposing India's weakness to the world. That it seeks light tanks now is proof of how short-sighted India's defense policymakers are. These pieces should've been in place before hostilities, not after.

And don't get me started on India's moribund defense industry, which can't even field a decent assault rifle (the most basic weapon!) for its army, let alone produce a light tank. And don't mention Tejas to me.

I really hope the politicos and mandarins in New Delhi take a holistic view of India's defense policy. Trash talking without the ability to back it up is just that, trash.

Well said. All the shortcomings have been visible for a while, and there is certainly no singular reason, but a multitude of reasons.

However, the last six years have seen a new twist to the tale. Now we have a government that is actively spinning any flaw or defeat into a victory, all this for purely domestic consumption. So while shortcomings in the past were highlighted, in this new era, there are no shortcomings at all. Everything is simply a "masterstroke".

Considering the disaster the Arjun tank was, I have little confidence in India producing an effective light tank to counter the Type 15.

The gap between India and China is widening every year ... in military and in economics

India would have massive trouble with a one front war with Pakistan ... let alone a 2.5 front war including China. If you thought Nazi Germany fighting a two front war against the USSR and the UK/US was unrealistic ... think again. The Indian 2.5 war scenario makes that seem pretty grounded in reality lol.

Lol. True that.

Yaar hun ki kaha. Fudduu jahi khabar a 3 page discussion karti.
Someone woke up and thought ok what should be the breaking news Today. And he came up with this shit . Lol
No light tanks r coming. Its not a motorcycle, you need to create infra , training etc.
We r too much invested in t90.

Correct. Armata would replace T-72s. They are not the light tanks meant for the China theater.

No amount of buying will save India.

Even US is having tough time competing with China let alone India.

India neither have the money nor technology to compete with China.

If Money and Tech is all that matters, what will save Pakistan from India :lol:? Difference between India and China is one thing, difference between India and Pakistan is at even a far far higher level. If we lose land to China, we'll simply have to recover it from Pakistan.

If Money and Tech is all that matters, what will save Pakistan from India :lol:? Difference between India and China is one thing, difference between India and Pakistan is at even a far far higher level. If we lose land to China, we'll simply have to recover it from Pakistan.

Repeat of 27th February 2019

:rofl:

Proof that Indians are still living in the 20th century.

Wake up kid! This is 21st Century.

You are being led by Surrender Modi now. :rofl:

Yes, 21st century where difference between India and Pakistan's GDP is about 15 times. It was about 5 times in 1970s :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. So the spanking will be even harder.

trouble with a one front war with Pakistan ... let alone a 2.5 front war including China. If you thought Nazi Germany fighting a two front war against the USSR and the UK/US was unrealistic ... think again. The Indian 2.5 war scenario makes that seem pretty grounded in reality lol.

Hitler was fighting a 2 front offensive war - trying to take land on both sides, that too like millions of sq km in the east, far more than they had the ability to gobble up. Besides, he was fighting the combined forces of many countries in the west, plus decided to invade Soviet Union in the winter. Like i could go on and on, but pretty sure this has been discussed a million times over by historians.

We will be fighting a defensive war to save land. There is an enormous magnitude of difference between the 2 scenarios. So a 2 front war from a defensive perspective is definitely a winnable scenario, especially in a mountainous terrain like the LAC where a massive tank offensive across hundreds of km is impossible. All Chinese tanks and artillery and soldiers will be passing through small mountain passes susceptible to our fire. It is generally accepted you need an advantage of men and equipment of about 3:1 to conquer land in mountain warfare. China currently does not have that amount of advantage. So while obviously we have 0 capability of conquering Chinese land, it will be extremely hard for them to capture ours as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom