What's new

India's Rupee: Asia's Worst-Performing Currency

If its not exports and its FDI - then logic dictates it will go bad again.

Investors by definition take away more than they put in.

Thanks for not banning that Boson guy by the way, Asim.

For the Indians here to use racial slurs like "chink" towards your Chinese guests, surely deserves a second, third, and fourth chance before being banned.

Its hilarious that people talk about Indian rupee depreciating and start labeling it the worst currency. China undervalues its currency for a living.

Chinese Yuan (blue Line) already appreciate 25% from mid 2005 to 2011. Compare with the Rupee (Red line).
Chart shows how much US$1 vs Yuan and Rupee. US$1 buy 20% more rupee and 25% less Yuan.
YuanAppreciation.jpg

Do Indians know how to count ? Calculate the value of Yuan in 2005 and now and work it out using the chart below.
Yuan-1.jpg

As an Indian living in Australia, you should know better than most. :no:

Funny how you are so defensive, considering that it's your fellow Indian who started using racial slurs here for no reason.

But I guess the Indian need to defend this mindset speaks for itself. :lol:

Self delete

Ya true... Nobody wants Indian goods

china-india-exports.gif

What are you trying to proof with the above chart ?

India is a net importer so a weak currency will be very bad for India. Your current account balance will be hit hard.

In fact India has even failed to leverage their low currency to increase export.

You should show some figures that showed export has increased before you open your mouth.

Both Exports and Imports Down in May | news.outlookindia.com

Adding woes to sluggish economy, India's exports declined by 4.16 per cent to USD 25.68 billion in May due to unabated slump in global demand and slowdown in domestic industrial growth.
Imports dropped by a sharper pace of 7.36 per cent to USD 41.9 billion, signalling weakening of the economy especially with regard to fresh investments as inward shipments of plant and machinery fell by eight per cent, according to provisional data released today.

Decline in exports in May were particularly witnessed in top exporting commodities like petroleum products (-26.07%), engineering goods (-15.67%), gems and jewellery (-9%) and readymade garments (-15.82%).

This is 1 year data of Indian Rupee....

india-currency.png

I can see 3 Rupee difference which is closing very fast :D

What are you trying to proof with the above chart ?

India is a net importer so a weak currency will be very bad for India. Your current account balance will be hit hard.

In fact India has even failed to leverage their low currency to increase export.

You should show some figures that showed export has increased before you open your mouth.

Both Exports and Imports Down in May | news.outlookindia.com

Adding woes to sluggish economy, India's exports declined by 4.16 per cent to USD 25.68 billion in May due to unabated slump in global demand and slowdown in domestic industrial growth.
Imports dropped by a sharper pace of 7.36 per cent to USD 41.9 billion, signalling weakening of the economy especially with regard to fresh investments as inward shipments of plant and machinery fell by eight per cent, according to provisional data released today.

Decline in exports in May were particularly witnessed in top exporting commodities like petroleum products (-26.07%), engineering goods (-15.67%), gems and jewellery (-9%) and readymade garments (-15.82%).

Mr wise guy...why are you talking about future which nobody knows.....whatever you are saying about decline export etc.... graph is showing that decline but you just missed the China decline line (big nose down)....very selective opinion you have.

And you can see rupee has already moved from 57 to 52.....

Thanks for not banning that Boson guy by the way, Asim.

For the Indians here to use racial slurs like "chink" towards your Chinese guests, surely deserves a second, third, and fourth chance before being banned.

Next you'll feel ashamed when some one calls you a "chinese".

Anyway, I cited the link to show what BBC thinks .... what much of the world thinks.

Anyway, a weak ego makes you paranoid... the less said the better.

So, you are still defending your post in which you called us "chinks"? :lol:

Not much else can be expected from a country built on the Caste System.

Why should I defend... but I am willing to accept that some people have a weak ego.

Next, if I say you have a low "IQ", your ego will be hurt. I credit that a dolphin or a chimpanzee will have a better "IQ" than you.

Leave alone the "caste system" and "toilets" stuff. Perhaps you are already fired from the shop floor of a Japanese factory.. hence finding nothing better to do. And your irritation is showing on the forum.

Stick to the thread topic, if you want to post.

Well, the investors who withdrew dollar, paid more.. and now, if they get in they get less rupees.

Though, NRIs got a golden opportunity in those few vital months.

It's always dicey to bet on the FX rate .... I am myself waiting now for SGDINR to come back to 45-plus. It's a 2 rupee loss for me, per SGD, if I transfer now.

I think NRI transfers will moderate, till this new rate is seen to be sticking. Bonus season is still a few months away.

Long term, rupee can hold at the current, inspite of a huge inflation differential between US and India because a PPP factor of 2.5 exists.

There is a long way to go, before price parity between India and US happens ... which supports a stable rupee rate, with inflation for a few decades to go.

So, you are still defending your post in which you called us "chinks"? :lol:

Not much else can be expected from a country built on the Caste System.

CD, i found it a little bit awkward of you to keep arguing with some lungduecha, haven't we Hongkongers knew well enough what they're made of? take my advice, it ain't worth it, mind you're taking a big risk, they will bring you bad luck if in case you bump into a low caste lungduecha.

And yes, you should know what to do next time when you saw doorman, washroom attendants from certain superior race in our hometown:lol:

Back
Top Bottom