What's new

India's poor urged to 'eat rats'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why some of you are talking about Pakistan and China. This thread is about rat eating recommendation and rat eating in India. I respectfully ask you to stop trolling and talk about rat eating in India please
Be guest to mushar community of India,youy every query would be addressed in proper way .

Do you want me to post pics of chinese eating habits like human babies, snakes, frogs, insects, rats, dogs etc.

Don't try to be an smart ***.

Please stay on topic. Why are you embarrassed that Indian poor are recommended to eat nutritional rats

Chinese rat restaurants.

20111123-Asia%20obscure%20rats%20restaurant.jpg

Highest Ranking Wild Flavor Restaurant in Guangdong offers simmered mountain rat, mountain rat curry, spicy and salty mountain rat, simmered mountain rat with black beans, steamed mountain rat, rat soup. During an outing there Hessler was asked. "'Do you want a big rat or a small rat?” What's the difference? "The big rat eats grass stems, and the small one eat fruit.” Which tastes better? “'Both of them taste good." [Source: Peter Hessler, New Yorker, July 24, 2000]

Customers often examine the caged rats and pick the ones they want. Describing how they were killed Hessler wrote, "Suddenly, the worker flipped his wrist, swung the rat into the air by the tail, and let go. The rat made a neat arc. There was a soft thud when is head struck the cement floor. There wasn't much blood."

Hessler order a small mountain rat with black beans, which was served in a clay pot. "I ate the beans first," he wrote. "I poked at the meat. It was clearly well done, and it was attractively garnished with onions, leeks, and ginger. Nestled in a light sauce were skinny rat thighs, short strips of rat flank, and delicate toylike rat thighs. I put a chunk of it into my mouth, and reached for a glass of beer. The beer helped...It wasn't bad. The meat was lean and white, without a hint of gaminess. Gradually, my squeamishness faded, and I tried to decide what the flavor of rat remind me of. But nothing came to mind. It simply tasted like rat."

Competition is keen in the rat restaurant business. Hessler said the Highest Ranking Wild Flavor Restaurant cost $24,000 to build. Soon after it opened another rat restaurant, the New Eight Sceneries of Wild Flavor Food Restaurant, which cost $50,000, opened and third massive three-story air-conditioned rat restaurant was under construction. But that doesn't mean they don’t make money. Each of them serve 3,000 rat dishes a day on the weekends and attract customers from all over China.

Once again why incredible honourable Indian wont stay on topic. Is it because Superpower and rat eating doesn't go together. Lets talk about rats in India and eating

LOL, that is the Indian mentality. :P

Be guest to mushar community of India,youy every query would be addressed in proper way .

But I want you to explain why on the one hand you are doing weapon buying and feeding your poor the majority of Indians on rats. brother this is not good.

Please stay on topic. Why are you embarrassed that Indian poor are recommended to eat nutritional rats

Not sure they make it halal. We may need to ask our northern neighbors to please our special guests ;)

Once again why incredible honourable Indian wont stay on topic. Is it because Superpower and rat eating doesn't go together. Lets talk about rats in India and eating

when the owner of world's largest SuperSlum of 174 Million people China can think of becoming superpower, then don't laugh at Indians.

Back on topic can someone tell us some recipes and if its eaten with tail or not., I know this could be along tail. CD any news?

May be the indians eat the rats with cows milK. It will be in line with Hindu theology no.

^ that says 'hong kong star restaurant' backwards. I thought French were smarter than that?

Chinese rat restaurants.

20111123-Asia%20obscure%20rats%20restaurant.jpg

Highest Ranking Wild Flavor Restaurant in Guangdong offers simmered mountain rat, mountain rat curry, spicy and salty mountain rat, simmered mountain rat with black beans, steamed mountain rat, rat soup. During an outing there Hessler was asked. "'Do you want a big rat or a small rat?” What's the difference? "The big rat eats grass stems, and the small one eat fruit.” Which tastes better? “'Both of them taste good." [Source: Peter Hessler, New Yorker, July 24, 2000]

Customers often examine the caged rats and pick the ones they want. Describing how they were killed Hessler wrote, "Suddenly, the worker flipped his wrist, swung the rat into the air by the tail, and let go. The rat made a neat arc. There was a soft thud when is head struck the cement floor. There wasn't much blood."

Hessler order a small mountain rat with black beans, which was served in a clay pot. "I ate the beans first," he wrote. "I poked at the meat. It was clearly well done, and it was attractively garnished with onions, leeks, and ginger. Nestled in a light sauce were skinny rat thighs, short strips of rat flank, and delicate toylike rat thighs. I put a chunk of it into my mouth, and reached for a glass of beer. The beer helped...It wasn't bad. The meat was lean and white, without a hint of gaminess. Gradually, my squeamishness faded, and I tried to decide what the flavor of rat remind me of. But nothing came to mind. It simply tasted like rat."

Competition is keen in the rat restaurant business. Hessler said the Highest Ranking Wild Flavor Restaurant cost $24,000 to build. Soon after it opened another rat restaurant, the New Eight Sceneries of Wild Flavor Food Restaurant, which cost $50,000, opened and third massive three-story air-conditioned rat restaurant was under construction. But that doesn't mean they don’t make money. Each of them serve 3,000 rat dishes a day on the weekends and attract customers from all over China.

So what? Hong Kongers are world class food connisseurs. Their sophisticated tastes are not what an Indian would understand.

The the owner of world's largest SuperSlum of 174 Million people China can think of becoming superpower, then don't laugh at Indians.

Bit off topic but you are famous for slums that's why your white friends the west made you famous for slums by doing slummy doggy movie.

Back on topic dont be embarrassed that you feed your poor rats

As for Chinese cuisine, a famous Cantonese saying states that “Anything that walks, swims, crawls, or flies with its back to heaven is edible.” So it’s not surprising that the Chinese eat several unusual foods. Here are a few examples:

“Stinky Tofu”
Take a brine made with shrimp, vegetables and salt, ferment for months, soak a block of tofu in it for several hours, and you have a dish renowned for its pungent odor. Stinky tofu (also known by its Chinese name, Chou Dofu) is one of those foods that it’s impossible to feel neutral about - people either love or hate it. Asian tourists who follow their nose will have no trouble locating a stinky tofu stand – street hawkers who sell it have been fined for breaking air pollution laws. For those who want to enjoy their stinky tofu in a more formal atmosphere, several restaurants devoted to the smelly curd have sprung up in recent years, including Dai’s House of Stinky Tofu in Taipei, rumored to be a favorite haunt of film director Lee Ang.

Sea Cucumber
Wander into any Chinese medicine shop and you’ll spot what appears to be a chunk of cement in one of the display cases. This is the dried form of sea cucumber, also known as beche de mer and sea ginseng. This strange looking ocean creature looks exactly like a cucumber with the addition of tubed feet and a ring of tentacles around its mouth.

Unfortunately, sea cucumber’s taste doesn’t live up to its appearance – it’s rather bland. Nonetheless, it’s reputed medicinal value and reputation as an aphrodisiac make sea cucumber a popular dish at Chinese New Years banquets and other festive celebrations.

Thousand-Year Old Eggs
If the thought of eating food that could have been served to an Emperor during the Song dynasty offends your culinary sensibilities, relax. Thousand-year-old eggs aren’t really that old. A more accurate name for this pungent hors d’oeuvre would be salted or preserved eggs. Thousand-year old eggs (also called century eggs or hundred-year old eggs), are made by preserving duck eggs in ash and salt for one-hundred days. This turns the white of the egg a darkish gray color, giving the eggs an ancient appearance. Definitely an acquired taste, thousand-year old eggs have a strong salty flavor.

Bird’s Nest Soup
The chief ingredient in Bird’s nest soup is the nest of the swiftlet, a tiny bird that lives in caves in Southeast Asia. Instead of twigs and straw, the swiftlet makes a nest from its own saliva – the only bird in the world to do so. Harvesting these nests requires great skill - men must balance on tall bamboo poles to grab the nests from inside the dark caves. Like sea cucumber, bird’s nest actually tastes rather bland. Its recent rise in popularity comes from its growing reputation both as a health tonic and an aphrodisiac.

Unusual Chinese Food - Chinese Cuisine - Unusual Food From China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom