What's new

India's poor urged to 'eat rats'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby what, wine, eh?

Yes indeedy, baby mice wine. It’s wine with, well, baby mice in it.

babymicewinelarge.jpg

Found in China, this deliciousness is believed to be a cure-all health tonic. It is believed it can cure anything from asthma to liver disease.

Baby mice wine isn’t just baby mouse flavoured, or have one baby mouse inside. Oh no, it has a whole pile of baby mice, only a few days old, floating around at the bottom of the bottle. Nasty huh? Well it gets worse – the baby mice are plucked from their mother’s teet, placed in the bottle alive and drowned. Perhaps that improves the flavour?

One thing I haven’t clarified is whether the mice in baby mice wine are eaten/drunk along with the wine, or just filtered out. Surely if they are the source of the ‘goodness’, they should be crunched upon and ingested along with the wine.

I’m sure many of us have eaten the worm at the bottom of a tequila bottle but how many of us could stomach a mouth full of baby mice?

baby-mice-wine.jpg

Baby Mice Wine Update: The well travelled folk who comment on articles here at Junch have informed us that they have seen this fine delicacy in china and once the wine is consumed you are supposed to indeed eat the baby mice.

There are other similar products to baby mice wine including cobra wine and others, but perhaps we should keep them for another article.

http://www.junch.com/baby-mice-wine/

But I want you to explain why on the one hand you are doing weapon buying and feeding your poor the majority of Indians on rats. brother this is not good.
We spend only 2.5% of GDP on defence budget which is way below your's.You guys just stay on topic how defence comes in it. Don't troll and plz don't derail such a nice thread.

I am wandering if Indian poor are eating the rats what is the effect on poor Indian cats?

Thousand-Year Old Eggs
If the thought of eating food that could have been served to an Emperor during the Song dynasty offends your culinary sensibilities, relax. Thousand-year-old eggs aren’t really that old. A more accurate name for this pungent hors d’oeuvre would be salted or preserved eggs. Thousand-year old eggs (also called century eggs or hundred-year old eggs), are made by preserving duck eggs in ash and salt for one-hundred days. This turns the white of the egg a darkish gray color, giving the eggs an ancient appearance. Definitely an acquired taste, thousand-year old eggs have a strong salty flavor.

Bird’s Nest Soup
The chief ingredient in Bird’s nest soup is the nest of the swiftlet, a tiny bird that lives in caves in Southeast Asia. Instead of twigs and straw, the swiftlet makes a nest from its own saliva – the only bird in the world to do so. Harvesting these nests requires great skill - men must balance on tall bamboo poles to grab the nests from inside the dark caves. Like sea cucumber, bird’s nest actually tastes rather bland. Its recent rise in popularity comes from its growing reputation both as a health tonic and an aphrodisiac.

Unusual Chinese Food - Chinese Cuisine - Unusual Food From China

Bird's nest soup is amazing. But I am not that keen on hundred-year eggs. :lol:

(You do know that these eggs are NOT one hundred or a thousand years old right? That is just a name.)

And I hate smelly tofu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom