What's new

India's Olympic Achievement: Indifference

You're right, but that's not not what you said in your first post. The last sentence describes the whole situation in a nutshell.

My bad mate, sorry to disappoint....but we do need to get our priorities straight if we are serious about athletics

My bad mate, sorry to disappoint....but we do need to get our priorities straight if we are serious about athletics

Perhaps in the next 20-30 years, if many work towards this in earnest, we might see a sporting culture being established on the subcontinent. Otherwise, I guess we'll all languish at the same spot we are now.:tsk:

Perhaps in the next 20-30 years, if many work towards this in earnest, we might see a sporting culture being established on the subcontinent. Otherwise, I guess we'll all languish at the same spot we are now.:tsk:

Too bad I will be too old to contribute to my country's athletics by then....:(

Yes maybe, so what are your sporting credentials may I ask???

I'm a total amateur, I'm afraid. Played Cricket for the Uni, but really too lazy to play anything regularly these days.:( How about you?

I'm a total amateur, I'm afraid. Played Cricket for the Uni, but really too lazy to play anything regularly these days.:( How about you?

Well, I graduated college recently, my college days were spent more playing sports and being a hard *** then being a ''good student'' (addmittedly to a little regret now) , I played inter school and college basketball, soccer and ran the 800m on ocassions, right now I play soccer and basketball in a rag tag team that is typical of the subcontinent, strangely I have not played cricket to the least in my life....:yahoo:

Well, I graduated college recently, my college days were spent more playing sports and being a hard *** then being a ''good student'' (addmittedly to a little regret now) , I played inter school and college basketball, soccer and ran the 800m on ocassions, right now I play soccer and basketball in a rag tag team that is typical of the subcontinent, strangely I have not played cricket to the least in my life....:yahoo:

You're a rarity in this subsontinent, more so in Pakistan!:enjoy: Good Luck with your sporting endeavors dude!

You're a rarity in this subsontinent, more so in Pakistan!:enjoy: Good Luck with your sporting endeavors dude!

Yeah tell me about it, I find cricket boring and slow paced, I mean one man batting, one man bowling and the rest just staring at the field for hours, waiting for a ball that may never come their way.....o_O
But to each his own is what I believe....:-)

I know that question was intended for Indischer, but I have played Football, Rugby

and I run in middle distance courses

Are you not the legendary human sloth? What were you doing playing Football and Rugby and to heap insult on sloths running middle distance courses.:devil:

Yeah tell me about it, I find cricket boring and slow paced, I mean one man batting, one man bowling and the rest just staring at the field for hours, waiting for a ball that may never come their way.....o_O
But to each his own is what I believe....:-)

I am not the only one! :D

Are you not the legendary human sloth? What were you doing playing Football and Rugby and to heap insult on sloths running middle distance courses.:devil:

I like Running. I like to push myself in this regard.

Welcome to the club amigo...:-)

@Indischer will confirm this, but in the state of Kerala, Soccer is actually more popular.

Played it all the time at lunch break whilst growing up there. :partay:

Back
Top Bottom