What's new

India's Olympic Achievement: Indifference

Lazy in college matters. Which matters

Not necessarily if you are in New Zealand. You can become a fitness trainer, a football coach, open a gym, so many things. Fitness training is hugely lucrative nowadays. That is unless you are the typical Indian who ultimately values academics over sports.

Not necessarily if you are in New Zealand. You can become a fitness trainer, a football coach, open a gym, so many things. Fitness training is hugely lucrative nowadays. That is unless you are the typical Indian who ultimately values academics over sports.

:ashamed:

A brown eyed, brown skinned, short Indian is enough to refute your claims, as they're baseless. Fitness is a function of good diet and regular exercise while talent is honed by good coaching, dedicated practice and a desire to excel. Any Indian with these ingredients can compete against any person of any ethnicity. Question is, how many Indians have the benefit of availing all this?

Erm...that's not entirely true, yaar. No amount of diet, discipline or doctrine is going to fetch us the gold in sprints(or even make an Asian break the ten second mark for that matter). However, there is an overwhelming amount of medals to be won where the athlete's ethnicity doesn't play any significant role, events that totalitarian regimes concentrate on.

Last edited:
Erm...that's not entirely true, yaar. No amount of diet, discipline or doctrine is going to fetch us the gold in sprints(or even make an Asian break the ten second mark for that matter). However, there is an overwhelming amount of medals to be won where ethnicity doesn't play any significant role like the events that totalitarian systems concentrate on.

We can at least give a very close run for the money, literally. Remember Liu Xiang? That guy won the 110 m hurdles Gold for China at the 2004 Olympics. Our Milkha also came very close to a medal once. Hence, it's possible for Asians to excel at Track and field too.

I always wondered along the lines of the author. Why do we require sports, that too athletics? To stay fit? no. Group sports have still some benefit left in form of social and entertainment benefits. But athletics? Earlier kings encouraged javelin, discus, shot-put even archery for sole purpose, reserve soldiers. If more people know the tricks, they can be easily utilized when needed. No need to have a large standing army. England even banned football because king felt soldier like sports (aka archery) were being neglected... (may be an urban myth, I am not sure). So why do we need to spend so much for things with little use for the society?

We can at least give a very close run for the money, literally. Remember Liu Xiang? That guy won the 110 m hurdles Gold for China at the 2004 Olympics. Our Milkha also came very close to a medal once. Hence, it's possible for Asians to excel at Track and field too.

I do. He is the exception that proves the rule, even the Chinese saw him as a friggin miracle.

Let's take the example that the author talks about, North Korea.

North Korea at the Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you would notice, the events that they have won medals in have nothing to do with track and field. It simply isn't viable, yaar.

Last edited:
I do. He is the exception that proves the rule, even the bloody Chinese saw him as a friggin miracle.

Let's take the example that the author is talking about, North Korea.

North Korea at the Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you would notice, the events that they have won medals have nothing to do with track and field.

The thing is, many Nations have carved a niche for themselves in various sports and disciplines featured in the Olympics. But it's wrong to say they aren't capable of giving competition in fields that aren't their forte. In India's case, we're neither there in track and field, nor in gymnastics, nor in football. Hence theoretically, we can find our footing in any of these fields if we make a concerted effort.:)

The thing is, many Nations have carved a niche for themselves in various sports and disciplines featured in the Olympics. But it's wrong to say they aren't capable of giving competition in fields that aren't their forte. In India's case, we're neither there in track and field, nor in gymnastics, nor in football. Hence theoretically, we can find our footing in any of these fields if we make a concerted effort.:)

That notion I do agree with wholeheartedly. The point I was trying to convey was one of prioritization.

To cite an example, why do totalitarian systems like the erstwhile SU, Russia or China concentrate on gymnastics? It's because there are a bunch of medals to be won under that discipline and being black or white makes absolutely no difference to your performance.

This is not to say that gymnastics is something easy as compared to the "pure" sports. It is a labor intensive and collaborative effort that relies heavily on the domestic sports associations as much as the athlete in question.

Last edited:
We are not lazy bums like Indians, that why we beat India at Olympics, at PISA, at wars, at economy, at everything.

excuses excuses excuses.
Typical Indians.

You give excuses when you can't win even a single gold medal, you finish near last in PISA tests, get royally embarrassed in wars, your economy fails, your currency collapses, etc etc etc.

Just face it, your Indian.
I'm sorry for you.

Hey Kungpao chicken , go back to eating cockroaches. You people are tiny, yellow and with no life, I feel sorry for you. The only reason your country performs good at olympics is that you start training little kids like robots since they are 3-4 years old. But training can only do so much. You people can only win gay feminine sports like that swimming dance thing , LOL i don't even know what it's called. No Chinese has ever won any real tough sport like boxing , wrestling where Indians can drop you like third grade french. Not that Indians are anywhere close to the top in these sports , but still way above the Chinese Everytime I see a tiny little chinaman , I only have one thing to say - Do you even lift braw.

Last edited:
Indians have a low IQ so I wouldn't expect them to be good at sports either.
Although Africans have a low IQ too, they are pretty good at sports.

India didn't win a single gold medal at the London Olympics.
But blacks compensate low IQ with natural athletic abilities.

@Gibbs

I kinda agree with some of his statements. Yes we do lack physical and mental abilities but those are not because of genetics. Because of the way an Indian kid is grown up and the type of food we take. Indian kids are preached with education and money mentality from the day we are born. So it's hard for one to shift into sporting mentality of such high level suddenly.

Coming to food...most of North Indians prefer veggies excluding Punjab, Haryana and few north Indian states and with some decent facilities people from these states went onto win medals in Boxing and Wrestling. People from these states make core of Hockey team.

Now coming to South..people from Tamil Nadu and Kerala take heavy meats like beef and lambs and with some decent facilities people from these states make core of Volleyball, Basketball and athletics. So Genetics has nothing to do with our performance. If we have some good facilities and academies, we can perform way better than this.

Earlier we had families struggling for decent meal and their kids are groomed like money machines. But now more and more urbanization with wider visions from parents ( lets call them modern Indians) combined with exposure to such sports yielding some results. Performance in sports is directly related to development of a country in a whole. soon you will reaize this and importantly the way sports bodies is running in our country must be changed. I would blame government for this mishap, mostly c0ongress which ruled us for more than 60 years. Hopefully we are on our right way...don't bring your genetics BS.

PS

Cricket is pussy game. For each and every person here watching cricket : Please be aware cricket is not even a sport. Its for lazay *** people with no competent metality. Stop worshipping cricketers. go look at our Football team players, watch I-league not crappy drama IPL. Watch basketball, volleyball and Hockey.

STOP WATCHING CRICKET WITH LAZY *** PEOPLE RUNNING WITH TUMMIES.
But Indians are not great in Education either. You scored very low on PISA tests and the majority of your engineers trained in India lack the most basic understanding of engineering concepts.

Back
Top Bottom