What's new

India’s nuclear-armed submarine INS Arihant is back in the water

It can.. but still it is not MIRV:azn:.
2.5 TON for one warhead. India doesn't know how to make NASR size ThermoNuclear bombs.:undecided:
K-4 is only 1.3 meters wide. All MIRV capable SLBMs in the world are around 2 meters wide.
Guess what? Indian A-5 warhead is 1.3 meters wide and chances are that K-4 will carry single A-5 warhead.
C2W23lUWgAEqbgo.jpg

This is my own Handy work... A video grab from the only K-4 video ever released shows it all.

C3ymAoEWIAAiLLz.jpg

Its just too narrow for MIRV capability

K-4 is only 1.3 meters wide. All MIRV capable SLBMs in the world are around 2 meters wide.
Guess what? Indian A-5 warhead is 1.3 meters wide and chances are that K-4 will carry single A-5 warhead.
C2W23lUWgAEqbgo.jpg

This is my own Handy work... A video grab from the only K-4 video ever released shows it all.

C3ymAoEWIAAiLLz.jpg

Do you think that a non MIRV missile, which carrying a single fission/fusion device launch ed from a submersible which again is completely out of your observed envelop is not pose any threat to your country?

Remember you don't have any defense against ballistic missile threat,not even in paper.

No they took , it to ramu bhiyas punchar shop ?lolzzx
Thier military & political leadership shares this type of crouption , thats why each time they been , pushed for war , u ill always find indian military telling its political leadership , buy more we arent ready to fight a war ?lolzzz
True....

Do you think that a non MIRV missile, which carrying a single fission/fusion device launch ed from a submersible which again is completely out of your observed envelop is not pose any threat to your country?

Remember you don't have any defense against ballistic missile threat,not even in paper.

True....
That simply means that even if we accept that INS Arihant is operational , although no evidence of that , and accept that K-4 is deployed , again no evidence of K-4 or K-15 deployment... even than Indian second strike capability is very limited. Just 4 strategic yield warheads on four K-4?

Pakistan has capability of carrying five Babur SLCM per submarine. On a fleet of five that's 25 nuclear warheads of 150+ kilotons out at sea.
That's way more second strike capability than India.

It can.. but still it is not MIRV:azn:.
2.5 TON for one warhead. India doesn't know how to make NASR size ThermoNuclear bombs.:undecided:
What 2.5 tons? Even the best in the game such as Trident and M51 don't have that much warhead carrying capacity.
You Indians really need to stop embarrassing yourselves by writing such absurd claims.

India is vast enough that it can store missiles where at least 10% of them will survive a first strike. pakistan needs more nukes to saturate India when compared to pakistan. Even if pakistan is able to do it, the radiation effect from it self will make pakistan uninhabitable. Where as for India only northern part of the country will get affected.

official stated capacity of agni is 2.5 tons and agni is nothing but derivative of space launch vehicle as such that should be no surprise. Another consideration would be that when these missiles were being developed India dint have miniaturized war heads they had to be designed for bulky unrefined war heads.

That simply means that even if we accept that INS Arihant is operational , although no evidence of that , and accept that K-4 is deployed , again no evidence of K-4 or K-15 deployment... even than Indian second strike capability is very limited. Just 4 strategic yield warheads on four K-4?

Pakistan has capability of carrying five Babur SLCM per submarine. On a fleet of five that's 25 nuclear warheads of 150+ kilotons out at sea.

What 2.5 tons? Even the best in the game such as Trident and M51 don't have that much warhead carrying capacity.
You Indians really need to stop embarrassing yourselves by writing such absurd claims.

Even after a official launch by the PM the sub is not launched. After user trials over 5 years back, K15 is not yet operational. But 500km baboor with single underwater test is suddenly carrying nuclear for paks? I am not even talking about K4, which will give you heart attack.

Let us try to make sense of your post.

Indian underwater arsenal is against China. Not Pakistan. Pakistani arsenal is small enough for India to track. Heck even US will have your assets monitored. And No Pakistan does not have even a single dedicated military satellite asset. Perhaps ask your new daddy?

Now take a look at Pakistani geography. From where do you launch?

IA publicly said Pak land assets are tracked. Now lets come to underwater assets. It is hard, yes. But thankfully 1000km line coast line, top of the line ASW assets, the only platform to launch is Agosta, Baboors limited range, Ind Coast guard is all needed to track PN, simply way bigger merchant navy fleet.. which all means, good luck launching the second missile.

And lets not talk about USN role during all this. So again, good luck.

Please dont reply to me and waste my time.

Read what real power means.

Last edited:
India is vast enough that it can store missiles where at least 10% of them will survive a first strike. pakistan needs more nukes to saturate India when compared to pakistan. Even if pakistan is able to do it, the radiation effect from it self will make pakistan uninhabitable. Where as for India only northern part of the country will get affected.

official stated capacity of agni is 2.5 tons and agni is nothing but derivative of space launch vehicle as such that should be no surprise. Another consideration would be that when these missiles were being developed India dint have miniaturized war heads they had to be designed for bulky unrefined war heads.
Check again. 2.5 tons is "Throw weight" Which is warhead plus
Even after a official launch by the PM the sub is not launched. After user trials over 5 years back, K15 is not yet operational. But 500km baboor with single underwater test is suddenly carrying nuclear for paks? I am not even talking about K4, which will give you heart attack.

Let us try to make sense of your post.

Indian underwater arsenal is against China. Not Pakistan. Pakistani arsenal is small enough for India to track. Heck even US will have your assets monitored. And No Pakistan does not have even a single dedicated military satellite asset. Perhaps ask your new daddy?

Now take a look at Pakistani geography. From where do you launch?

IA publicly said Pak land assets are tracked. Now lets come to underwater assets. It is hard, yes. But thankfully 1000km line coast line, top of the line ASW assets, the only platform to launch is Agosta, Baboors limited range, Ind Coast guard is all needed to track PN, simply way bigger merchant navy fleet.. which all means, good luck launching the second missile.

And lets not talk about USN role during all this. So again, good luck.

Please dont reply to me and waste my time.

Read what real power means.
It's not possible to track any country's mobile nuclear assets in real time
There will always be intervals between observations.
There are a total of 374 earth observation satellites belonging to many countries.
165 can only see day time. 34 use all weather Radar observations and 7 use infrared.
Additional 72 are spying on Radio signals and are electronic intelligence satellites.
The 72 electronic intelligence satellites can be avoided by keeping quiet on Radio.
165 daylight satellites can be avoided by keeping hidden daytime.
Only 34+7 radar and infrared satellites can observe at night and are not too many to keep all Pakistan under observation all the time.
That's if all nations of the world donate their satellites to India.
So plz educate yourself before committing.

Designing and developing a nuclear submarine is too complicated. thank God there was no accident.

Yeah lol.
I was there waving British flag when Royal navy astute class nuclear submarine was being launched and so were a thousand other people from general public.
It was an open public spectacle.
So tell these stories to someone else.
Launch of a nuclear deterrent is always shown off.

When it comes to showing off and create public spectacle, no one can top Indians. India even make it a major news when it floated out “top secret” Arihant 9 years ago.

Indians like to brag about Arihant is inducted. But this sub spend more time being repaired than in service.
So if there is no bragging from Indians, it didn’t happen.

C2W23lUWgAEqbgo.jpg

C3ymAoEWIAAiLLz.jpg

who said, K4 is an MIRV ??:D 2.5 ton conventional high explosive warhead would be like a mini-AAtmi bum... let alone arming it with a actual nuclear warhead.

Lol, Non-other than abadeel has claimed to be a MIRV with 2200 km max range in this world. Did anyone complain about absurd claims?:rofl:

Last edited:

Well Mr genius, somehow after a single test of your missile you seem to have no problem in believing that babur is commissioned. The K4 in the meantime has undergone numerous tests in the meantime.
I hope you realise you are trying to compare a 450 km SLCM with k4.
Your subs will have to get too close to Indian shores to fire it. In the meantime it will be at a very high risk from IN's wide variety of ASW assets. And only coastal cities are at risk.
On our hand pakistan lacks strategic depth.
It's much easier job to place our subs to reach any of your cities.

Well Mr genius, somehow after a single test of your missile you seem to have no problem in believing that babur is commissioned. The K4 in the meantime has undergone numerous tests in the meantime.
Your subs will have to get too close to Indian shores to fire it. In the meantime it will be at a very high risk from IN's wide variety of ASW assets. And only coastal cities are at risk.
My comparison was about the amount of Nuclear tipped missiles of any type Pakistan and India can send out on Submarines and Pakistan is the clear winer with capability to send out 25.

Last edited:
The Arihant — armed with nuclear tipped B-05 missiles with a range of over 750 km ...

So, considering the size of India and Asia,
it's a very local weapon in any case, right?

Something in the class of a policeman's club.
Too bad we don't sell M-51.2s cuz' there's a market right there ...

Oh well, good convo all, Tay.

We will supply longer range miisiles tech to them. Pakistan is the only country on earth having access to milotary grade Beidou signal, it's mm accurate.:enjoy:

First of all.. No one is going to give an evidence that the Sub is operational.. You're talking of no proof for this and that and yet you're sying our sub can carry 5 babur... there's no evidence for that as well just an speculation.

And India is not building just one SSBM.... its more than 5. and Arihant is just an Tech demostrator....

Don't count this sub... Whatever comes next is the real deal.

When it comes to showing off and create public spectacle, no one can top Indians. India even make it a major news when it floated out “top secret” Arihant 9 years ago.

Indians like to brag about Arihant is inducted. But this sub spend more time being repaired than in service.
So if there is no bragging from Indians, it didn’t happen.

Dumbo.... learn the difference between Launching and Inducting first... Don't give a lip service to a guy who already didn't know the difference.

My comparison was about the amount of Nuclear tipped missiles of any type Pakistan and India can send out on Submarines and Pakistan is the clear winer with capability to send out 25.

Nope.... I hope pakistani planners are not fool enough to arm all the sub in class with Nucklear tipped missiles.. after all Agosta is better for Hunting...

So, considering the size of India and Asia,
it's a very local weapon in any case, right?

Something in the class of a policeman's club.
Too bad we don't sell M-51.2s cuz' there's a market right there ...

Oh well, good convo all, Tay.

Do you realize the missile was for the demonstration purposes ??.... K-15 led the way for dev K-4 which has the range of 3500KM and the next missile being developed has the rant of 6-8k with MIRV...

Do you realize the missile was for the demonstration purposes ??.... K-15 led the way for dev K-4 which has the range of 3500KM and the next missile being developed has the rant of 6-8k with MIRV...

I sort of realize that but not the way you phrased it.

Demonstration purposes? Fine! Except that then the
Arihant is a demonstration sub until fitted with the K-4

Then the test of that 3,5000 km successor happened
supposedly reaching 3 000 km and another from the
Arihant got done but only over the same 700km range
possibly due to testing implementation and no later one
took place as we wait for a new launch these days.

So it was almost a good time for Arihant to suffer damage
and be unavailable / immobilized
is the positive point here?

Well good, you have a luxury test bed and with test missiles
and an upcoming real missile ... none of which work ATM.
I wouldn't gloat about it though.

In good meaning kidding, I liked your typo :
the next missile being developed has the rant of 6-8k with MIRV...
On that one, I think you went full modest as I believe India able to muster ...

the rant of 6-8m with Manic Indians Raving Violently
and 10 times as much, over a 100 million with a bit of effort from the media.

Still, my point remains that a 700km ranged SSBN is not tactically sound.
To hit Beijing, the sub has to be high in the Yellow Sea, a crowded zone;
to hit Moscow, forget the Black Sea, just dock in Latvia. Western capitals
are a better fit and I noted that London & Washington, less than 200 kliks
from open water, are easy targets and you wonder why they mistrust you.
All of the important Australian cities are a go even Canberra but forget say
Canada and strangely enough, forget Islamabad. The easiest might be Rome.
But you don't need a sub for that, take the subway : just ask for the Metro.

8-) *

Sorry for the jostling, man; have a great day still, Tay.

* I forgot Amsterdam and Rabat and quite a few others
but who in their right mind would attack Morocco or the
Dutch with nukes, they're such nice places and people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom