What's new

India's greatest gifts to China : Kung Fu and Zen Buddhism

Kungfu is simply a term of martial arts in Cantonese, same as Wushu in Mandarin. Martial arts long existed in China before the arrival of Buddhism. Shaolin Kungfu just happens to be the most prominent because the mix of religion, mythology and martial arts gave this mystic image. Fact is Shaolin Kungfu, while pleasing to look at, is not the most effective close combat system.

How can you give something you don't have?

You are weaklings kicked by everybody, do you even know martial arts?

Even Buddha was not Indian, do you have Buddhism?

Kungfu is simply a term of martial arts in Cantonese, same as Wushu in Mandarin. Martial arts long existed in China before the arrival of Buddhism. Shaolin Kungfu just happens to be the most prominent because the mix of religion, mythology and martial arts gave this mystic image. Fact is Shaolin Kungfu, while pleasing to look at, is not the most effective close combat system.

I agree , it is not that India introduced martial arts culture in China. But yes it is a fact that Chinese Martial arts and Indian Martial Arts have exchanged alot alongwith other aspects of their culture. Kerala has Chinese fishing nets that have become an icon of Kerala.

Chinese-Fishing-Nets-kochi.jpg

How can you give something you don't have?

You are weaklings kicked by everybody, do you even know martial arts?

Even Buddha was not Indian, do you have Buddhism?

you can troll like other desperates on this forum or you can talk like a mature man.It depends upon the kind of person you are. A dirty troll or a genuine intellectual up for discussion ( because that's what this forum is about). btw I prefer to simply ignore a trollish comment so this might be the last time I am quoting you.

So the Chinese reverse engineered Kung Fu and Zen Buddhism also :cheesy:

that was not required , if you can contribute to this thread then do it , China is a cradle of human civilization , it has more originality than US ( which reverse engineered German tech through Operation Paperclip).

How can anyone but China be birth place of Kong Fu? I say this because Kong Fu isn't like Taekwondo or Judo, where it's one set of moves and one style.

IF you say one set or a few styles were from India, then I believe you, no where in the world is using everything domestic.

Kong Fu is very general in Chinese and there's a million styles by a million dudes throughout the ages.

Shaolin martial arts is but one in a few million styles that existed in Chinese history. It's by no means the only one that exists today.

Buddhism did come from somewhere in the Indian region, that much is true. But much like Christianity, it's very different Buddhism that existed in China and India. If nothing else, it had Chinese elements to it.

India had very little to offer before we Muslims and Chinese arrived in India and let them know that there exist a outside world. ;)

Chinese members: don't waste your time with those losers.

india was never a nation in history, its culture is not even remotely comparable to ours.

Hi Dr.peacefool..seems like you didnt take your medicine today...:lol:

India had very little to offer before we Muslims and Chinese arrived in India and let them know that there exist a outside world. ;)

India had trade routes to West Asia,long before even prophet Muhammed was born.So stop Bull$hitting.

if India had something that can export to other countries thousand years ago,it must be CASTE system.if India has something to export to the outside world, guess what?hungry children!!!

The Number system,world uses today was also exported from India.Now stop bullshitting mega troll!

India civilized China.........
We taught them(and rest of the world) how to count, how to fight and most importantly, how to live.....

The Number system,world uses today was also exported from India.Now stop bullshitting mega troll!

welcome back ,what's the feeling of being banned ?
i guess you mean if there is no indian in the world ,human would never know the number ZERO.

Neither one is correct.

Kung Fu existed in China thousands of years before Bodhidharma (who was known as the "The Blue-Eyed Barbarian") arrived.

And Shaolin is just one school of Martial Arts, nowhere close to being the first.

As for Buddhism, the Buddha was born in Nepal, thousands of years before any country called India existed.

which madarsa??

Sidharth was born in Nepal but Buddha was born in India........go find out. :wave:

IMO all martial arts are similar in a broad way of thinking.

But Kung-Fu and Kalari is quite different in their approaches. But when you fight in a tournament or in the street, it is almost the same. (I went for Karate& Kung Fu in my earlier days even seen how the Kalari guys fight..they fight as per the competition laws.) And few weapons are similar as well as some are quite different. Kalari is a part of the system within ayurveda medical system.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom