What's new

India's greatest gifts to China : Kung Fu and Zen Buddhism

Current day Hinduism is only 900 years old, combined to make one organized religion after Islamic invasions. "Hindu" it self is foreign word given by invaders.

nonsense it's the same religion from Vedic times, same scriptures. Just because the Christians organized themselves into crusades don't mean they changed- it's the same Bible, same word of God.

Did India gifted Kung Fu to China ?

Well the correct answer is Yes and No.

Yes. Bodhi dharm introduced exercise by following certain animal style. In the above article you posted, it clearly said he begin physical training.

No. It were the Shaolin monks over several generations after Bodhi dharm that developed these exercises into martial arts. Above article clearly said it THAN DEVELOPED INTO Shaolin Quan martial arts.

So you could say without Bodhi dharm you may not have the Shaolin style martial arts.

Majority of Jung Fu as we know it today is a native evolution developed by the Chinese people, what Bodhi is credited with is foundation of the schools of thought.

I believe that in early times when there was little nationalism lots of cultural exchanges happened between these two cultural hubs of Asia. India got its numerals from China and improved it into Indian Numerals, India got gunpowder from China and created military grade projectiles and rockets ( that form the basis of modern day rockets and guns ) while China received martial arts from India and created Kung Fu. It is absolutely wonderful that these two civilizations co existed very peacefully for much of their history.

Just curious, when did India ever got its numeral system from China. I thought India is the country that invented the numeral system and the Arabs added the concept of zero and the whole system then exported to the rest of the world as Arabic system.

Just curious, when did India ever got its numeral system from China. I thought India is the country that invented the numeral system and the Arabs added the concept of zero and the whole system then exported to the rest of the world as Arabic system.

India invented the human race too :lol:

Bear with us my brother, these Indians have the habit of taking credit for every good thing under the blue sky, they stinky black hindus even take credit for Caucasian race.........LOL at these shupa powa wanna bees

Neither one is correct.

Kung Fu existed in China thousands of years before Bodhidharma (who was known as the "The Blue-Eyed Barbarian") arrived.

And Shaolin is just one school of Martial Arts, nowhere close to being the first.

As for Buddhism, the Buddha was born in Nepal, thousands of years before any country called India existed.

Bear with us my brother, these Indians have the habit of taking credit for every good thing under the blue sky, they stinky black hindus even take credit for Caucasian race.........LOL at these shupa powa wanna bees
@Zakii @Oscar - Hopefully you notice this. Such a despicable post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chinese created Numeral from 1 to 9 , Indians added zero and gave their distinct shape ( as chinese was incomprehensible to Indian masses ) ...which was picked up by Arab traders and given to Europe.

Current day Hinduism is only 900 years old, combined to make one organized religion after Islamic invasions. "Hindu" it self is foreign word given by invaders.

arey Hindus kal hi aye hai jab ap so rahe the :sleep: ap sote hi rahiye , khayalon me hi rahiye :sleep:

Chinese created Numeral from 1 to 9 , Indians added zero and gave their distinct shape ( as chinese was incomprehensible to Indian masses ) ...which was picked up by Arab traders and given to Europe.

arey Hindus kal hi aye hai jab ap so rahe the :sleep: ap sote hi rahiye , khayalon me hi rahiye :sleep:

Where is the evidence that Chinese created numerals from 1 to 9?

"Never before had China seen a religion so rich in imagery, so beautiful and captivating in ritualism and so bold in cosmological and metaphysical speculations. Like a poor beggar suddenly halting before a magnificent storehouse of precious stones of dazzling brilliancy and splendor, China was overwhelmed, baffled and overjoyed. She begged and borrowed freely from this magnificent giver. The first borrowings were chiefly from the religious life of India, in which China's indebtedness to India can never be fully told." - Hu Shih

Didn't this guy say something like India conquered and dominated China for 2000 years...? :lol:
Please provide the original source, not a re-quote. I hope it is not just another one of those doctored articles you indians love to fake. Remember the article about 36% NASA scientists are indians? :lol:

"India was China's teacher in religion and imaginative literature, and the world's teacher in trigonometry, quadratic equations, grammar, phonetics, Arabian Nights, animal fables, chess, as well as in philosophy, and that she inspired Boccaccio, Goethe, Herder, Schopenhauer, Emerson, and probably also old Aesop."
"India produced too much religion and China too little." - Lin Yutang

So India taught China Taoism? Laozi was Indian?
Grammar from Indian too? I didn't know Indian speak Chinese.
Chinese chess was invented during Warring state period more than 2000 year ago. Indian chess was only invented during Gupta period around 700 AD. Can anybody count????
Since when was Chinese philosophy vedic or hindu? Confucius was a brahmin?

I so wish those poor uneducated Chinese philosophers met you before making offensive statements, but well, not everyone is as lucky as we are to witness the radiance of none but you... shat shat pranaam, a hundred bows to you, our revered Chinese internet warrior :agree:

I wish Indians have more IQ and more honesty. Hundreds of doctored quotes and articles are all over the net, claiming "India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human... " "Sanskrit was the mother of all language".......

There are more effective ways to overcome complex. :laughcry:

Says who? From Vedic times, this land- this WHOLE land has been called Bharat Varsha, which continues to be the name used today. All kingdoms followed the tenets of Vedic tenets. Well into the 2oth century. The entry of islam and it's consequences that needed to be accommodated led to a different 'political' settlement- the 'state' would be secular- by no means did the people abandon their Vedic roots.

Says academics and historians. Ancient India denotes Indian subcontinent, a geographical expression, not the country.
Bharat is mythology. Sharing the same culture and custom doesn't make you one country. Islamic Middle East was never one country, Christian West europe was not one country. Have you been to school? If so, talk some real history.

Says academics and historians. Ancient India denotes Indian subcontinent, a geographical expression, not the country.
Bharat is mythology. Sharing the same culture and custom doesn't make you one country. Islamic Middle East was never one country, Christian West europe was not one country. Have you been to school? If so, talk some real history.

Only a goddam moron would say tht Bharat is a mythology. Every Indian from north to South and East to West calls this land Bharat- hell even Pakistanis refer to it as Bharat. Now if you wanna 'pleasure' yourself telling yourself that you can do it. Your historians have the credibility of a tissue paper anyway (just like you do). Countries don't just get put together. it is the underlying civilization that coheses them into one.

Kid, there has NEVER ever been a thing called 'India' before the British.

That is a historical fact!

Are you showing your fulishness here.... We were called by different names throught the history.
What Important is what we call ourselves. We call ourselves as "Bharatiyas".

We call our country "Bharat" today as well as 2000 years ago.

Go find it out :azn:

Present day Nepal because there was no ancient Nepal, likewise there was no ancient country called India. Mythology is not real history, no country by the name of Bharat existed.

Indian discovered China? By which historian? Our civilization is older than your Vedic civilization :laughcry:.
Yes it was. Our all religious and civilization texts only mention Bharat. No where mentioned "India"

Only a goddam moron would say tht Bharat is a mythology. Every Indian from north to South and East to West calls this land Bharat- hell even Pakistanis refer to it as Bharat. Now if you wanna 'pleasure' yourself telling yourself that you can do it. Your historians have the credibility of a tissue paper anyway (just like you do). Countries don't just get put together. it is the underlying civilization that coheses them into one.

It's sovereignty that defines a country, not civilization, religion, culture or custom.
You are a shining example why India ranked last in PISA test and none of its university ranked in top 200.

Back
Top Bottom