What's new

India's Fake 'Love Jihad'

bring in uniform civil code interfaith marriage has no meaning without uniform civil code.

only small number of interfaith marriages happen in reality. I don't think Muslim personal law applies in those cases. The debate for uniform civil code has been going on since british times. It is just going to polarise public sentiments and I don't think we should tinker with it.

only small number of interfaith marriages happen in reality. I don't think Muslim personal law applies in those cases. The debate for uniform civil code has been going on since british times. It is just going to polarise public sentiments and I don't think we should tinker with it.
and these small numbers end up being cases of love jihad. If love jihad is too end, uniform civil code is must or political parties will always took advantage of these interfaith mariage.

...many muslim youths are hiding their identy and taking us Hindu names to flirt and marry the girl ..without ever telling them his real identy..
Is this acceptable in Islam ? Why are people defending these..cowards..??

...many muslim youths are hiding their identy and taking us Hindu names to flirt and marry the girl ..without ever telling them his real identy..
Is this acceptable in Islam ? Why are people defending these..cowards..??

Since this question is directed to us, let me go one step ahead and give you top-notched solutions of love jihad or whatever.
1. None of the Muslims care what is love jihad or even if it exists or not. I came to know from Indians only. If you search this term on youtube, the only results are hindu junky bjp debates and some hypnotized victims. Stop these imbecile chit chats and refrain from defaming Islam. It is not in the best interest of India as Muslims are sleeping majority there. Don't provoke them and don't wake them up.
2. Learn to understand that multicultural society has its norms that should be followed. False campaigning and doing propaganda against one group of people will seed an obvious hatred resulting in Tehreek-e-Taliban India type thugs.
3. Workout the loopholes in your religion. No one is gonna convert at any cost.
4. Stop Hindu fanatisicm and be secular as per the popular belief. Ask sane Indians about this new phenomenon of love jihad. They will laugh at you.
5. Nip it into the bud and don't let the world laugh at you but if you still insist, ask yourself. Are you man and manly enough?
6. If not, consult your GP and start taking alternatives. After sometime the condition called love jihad will be resolved with fake results ;).

Since this question is directed to us, let me go one step ahead and give you top-notched solutions of love jihad or whatever.
1. None of the Muslims care what is love jihad or even if it exists or not. I came to know from Indians only. If you search this term on youtube, the only results are hindu junky bjp debates and some hypnotized victims. Stop these imbecile chit chats and refrain from defaming Islam. It is not in the best interest of India as Muslims are sleeping majority there. Don't provoke them and don't wake them up.
2. Learn to understand that multicultural society has its norms that should be followed. False campaigning and doing propaganda against one group of people will seed an obvious hatred resulting in Tehreek-e-Taliban India type thugs.
3. Workout the loopholes in your religion. No one is gonna convert at any cost.
4. Stop Hindu fanatisicm and be secular as per the popular belief. Ask sane Indians about this new phenomenon of love jihad. They will laugh at you.
5. Nip it into the bud and don't let the world laugh at you but if you still insist, ask yourself. Are you man and manly enough?
6. If not, consult your GP and start taking alternatives. After sometime the condition called love jihad will be resolved with fake results ;).
1. There is no attack on Islam. So no point defending it.

2. You need to campaign against the women who are filing the FIRs against their husbands/community leaders. BJP/VHP is not hauling the a$$es of the evangelical husbands. The girls are doing that. But you call them 'hypnotized'.

3. True. We are working on that. In fact we have made good progress. Previously a rape(forced sex) victim would be isolated. Now such girls are openly coming out in the open and getting rehabilitated and even accepted by their parents. Big shift from the past 50 years even! Converted girls were not even allowed back into Hinduism before. Things have changed now. :)

4. Preventing marriage by deceit is not fanaticism. When after marriage the Raju you know becomes Shafeeque overnight, alarm bells start ringing naturally.

5. We are trying to nip it in the bud. In most cases the police arrests the abusive husband along with the 'ghazis'(as in the case of Tara Shahdev). In other cases we are yet to improve our track record.

6. The issue existed for centuries. Only now the media has got a fancy word that everyone identifies with easily. That's all.

And as for the 'thank God muslims are sleeping majority' - if opposing marriages by deceit is majoritarianism then they better wake up.

You think we are not aware of your slogan "a good Muslims is a dead Muslim"?
That's plagiarism. The original as I am aware was - 'A good kraut is a dead kraut'. We have no such similar slogans here. Muslims are here in every facet of our society. It is quite distinct from Pakistani society to be honest. From the bus we take, the roads we walk on, to the office we work, the national teams we cheer for to the kids we study with - it's a multi religious environment. In such a scenario the kind of bigotry that you are talking about can not flourish. Whether you believe it or not is not my concern but if you define fundamentalism by the standards of your society, please know one thing for sure - our 'fundamentalism'(if you call it so) is way different.

1. There is no attack on Islam. So no point defending it.

2. You need to campaign against the women who are filing the FIRs against their husbands/community leaders. BJP/VHP is not hauling the a$$es of the evangelical husbands. The girls are doing that. But you call them 'hypnotized'.

3. True. We are working on that. In fact we have made good progress. Previously a rape(forced sex) victim would be isolated. Now such girls are openly coming out in the open and getting rehabilitated and even accepted by their parents. Big shift from the past 50 years even! Converted girls were not even allowed back into Hinduism before. Things have changed now. :)

4. Preventing marriage by deceit is not fanaticism. When after marriage the Raju you know becomes Shafeeque overnight, alarm bells start ringing naturally.

5. We are trying to nip it in the bud. In most cases the police arrests the abusive husband along with the 'ghazis'(as in the case of Tara Shahdev). In other cases we are yet to improve our track record.

6. The issue existed for centuries. Only now the media has got a fancy word that everyone identifies with easily. That's all.

And as for the 'thank God muslims are sleeping majority' - if opposing marriages by deceit is majoritarianism then they better wake up.

That's plagiarism. The original as I am aware was - 'A good kraut is a dead kraut'. We have no such similar slogans here. Muslims are here in every facet of our society. It is quite distinct from Pakistani society to be honest. From the bus we take, the roads we walk on, to the office we work, the national teams we cheer for to the kids we study with - it's a multi religious environment. In such a scenario the kind of bigotry that you are talking about can not flourish. Whether you believe it or not is not my concern but if you define fundamentalism by the standards of your society, please know one thing for sure - our 'fundamentalism'(if you call it so) is way different.

I have no issue and interest in how India deals its internal matters. Good you are dealing with whatever it is and if something is misused, it is a misuse. However only some cases do not require a full blown campaign started only in bjp reign known and famous of their bigotic and biased nature which is alarming. These kinds of love marriages were ok in India in the past, whats new in it. Anyway not my concern at all. My whole point was dragging Islam into it by your fellow Indians and I am wondering why you failed to see it. Good luck crushing whatever it is.

I have no issue and interest in how India deals its internal matters. Good you are dealing with whatever it is and if something is misused, it is a misuse. However only some cases do not require a full blown campaign started only in bjp reign known and famous of their bigotic and biased nature which is alarming. These kinds of love marriages were ok in India in the past, whats new in it. Anyway not my concern at all. My whole point was dragging Islam into it by your fellow Indians and I am wondering why you failed to see it. Good luck crushing whatever it is.

You are still missing the point. Love marriages are very much OK, in fact is a natural right of every adult man and woman. It is deceit practiced by some people for religious purposes that is not acceptable. I am sure you would feel the same way, if a woman over there married somebody who was pretending to be muslim just to bed her and convert her to another religion.

And BTW, this did not start with the BJP govt in power. This term has been used and the practice identified in small scales in many parts of the country before. It may not be a global islamic conspiracy - it is just a criminal practice by some muslims in India.

You are still missing the point. Love marriages are very much OK, in fact is a natural right of every adult man and woman. It is deceit practiced by some people for religious purposes that is not acceptable. I am sure you would feel the same way, if a woman over there married somebody who was pretending to be muslim just to bed her and convert her to another religion.

And BTW, this did not start with the BJP govt in power. This term has been used and the practice identified in small scales in many parts of the country before. It may not be a global islamic conspiracy - it is just a criminal practice by some muslims in India.

If that is true, I whole heartedly agree with you. I condemn any such misuse in the name of religion. At the same time I condemn any mass campaign against religion on the basis of these cases.

@Gunsnroses : Here are reports of Christian groups protesting "love jihad" being practiced on christian girls, long before BJP came to power, from non-BJP ruled states:

Beware of 'love jihad', Christian council warns flock - Rediff.com India News
'Love Jihad' racket: VHP, Christian groups find common cause - The Times of India

There are plenty of such news items from the past ten years and more. It just caught national attention now when a national level sportswoman fell victim to that. Again, this is not to say that muslims in general are conniving to do this. It may only be a handful of such muslims, and we are only against them. Somebody knowingly marrying a person of another religion (muslim or any other) is not a crime, and is perfectly acceptable to us. So is any willing conversion from or to any religion. Deception in such matters is the only crime.

@syedali73

If that is true, I whole heartedly agree with you. I condemn any such misuse in the name of religion. At the same time I condemn any mass campaign against religion on the basis of these cases.
As long as the campaign is against the specific practice, and not against any religion in general, I support it because awareness is important. Only a certain very right wing hindu group has made it an issue against islam or muslims. (And I don't mean the RSS.)

@Gunsnroses : Here are reports of Christian groups protesting "love jihad" being practiced on christian girls, long before BJP came to power, from non-BJP ruled states:

Beware of 'love jihad', Christian council warns flock - Rediff.com India News
'Love Jihad' racket: VHP, Christian groups find common cause - The Times of India

There are plenty of such news items from the past ten years and more. It just caught national attention now when a national level sportswoman fell victim to that. Again, this is not to say that muslims in general are conniving to do this. It may only be a handful of such muslims, and we are only against them. Somebody knowingly marrying a person of another religion (muslim or any other) is not a crime, and is perfectly acceptable to us. So is any willing conversion from or to any religion. Deception in such matters is the only crime.

@syedali73

As long as the campaign is against the specific practice, and not against any religion in general, I support it because awareness is important. Only a certain very right wing hindu group has made it an issue against islam or muslims. (And I don't mean the RSS.)

Thank you for explaning. As long as people have wise perspective like yours', me and many other who think rationally will not have any issue with it.

One simple example - The guy who married Tara named 'Ranjeet Singh Kohli' was arrested. Real name - Javed. He was unemployed, yet earned in lakhs of rupees and had 36 SIM cards!!! There was no honesty (even hiding name), no integrity. If there is something called Love - this sure was not it. The term is only a new media script, but the criminals are there who do this for money from the Gulf. The ultimate motive is not clear though. The only reason they were not reported in the Congress era was that they had political backing. This 'gentleman' for example was close to a Muslim lawmaker in the UP assembly. He denied knowledge of his criminal activities though, claming to be innocent. Anyway - thing is it exists.

As for intercommunity marriages - you are correct. Genuine interactions are cool. Hell, you can count me in. But the thing is, any relation is built on faith and honesty. The knowledge that the person you love is actually a pretender is shattering. Also once married, there was a social taboo to even think about separating. This was the strength of the criminals. The girl, even though shaterred from within usually accepted her fate. Now they are dragging the rats to the police. :D Society shunned them before, now they salute their courage. :tup:

Interfaith marriage is not very popular but do happen and there are no problems or complications. The imposters with Hindu names are the threat. Not a particular community or a religion. No local mosque was attacked or community member was beaten up in any of the previous cases - only police arrests the animals and law takes its own course.

Sadly, it is obvious that in a country like India, most of the girls are successfully cowed down due to social pressure. I can only hope they get a voice. Just last week a similar Hindu girl from Bengal got married in Rajasthan only to know she married a Muslim and was forced to convert. She took her life. A girl of class X!
http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/love-jihad-hindu-girl-commit-suicide-after-conversion-41273.html

Islam is not being abused. Only criminals are - along with the nutjobs who fund them.

@SarthakGanguly Stop trolling!

Indian constitution allows Muslims to marry Hindu girls and convert them. So we aren't doing anything illegal. Unless you change the constitution.

Mate,personally i have myself done a bit reverse love jihad.You'll be glad to know that my girlfriend is a Muslim herself and i am planning to convert her to Hinduism and then marry her:azn:
Inter-religious marriage is not common but not rare either.

A similar story here too - but there won't be any conversion. Best wishes to you and your fiance. :tup:

@SarthakGanguly Stop trolling!

Indian constitution allows Muslims to marry Hindu girls and convert them. So we aren't doing anything illegal. Unless you change the constitution.
What's the formula for conversion?

In any case - ask the girls about that now. You can contact those who filed the FIRs and persuade them to withdraw their allegations. Hopefully you will get a satisfactory answer.

And recheck the meaning of 'trolling' from the dictionary while you are at it.

What's the formula for conversion?
In any case - ask the girls about that now. You can contact those who filed the FIRs and persuade them to withdraw their allegations. Hopefully you will get a satisfactory answer.

And recheck the meaning of 'trolling' from the dictionary while you are at it.
Most of these cases have already proved as hoax. Don't whine if Hindu girls prefer Muslim boys and convert to Islam willingly.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom