What's new

India's external debt baloons to $462 billion

Cyberian

BANNED
Reaction score
India's end-Dec external debt at $461.9 billion
Tuesday March 31, 2015

getNewsImages

MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's external debt stood at $461.9 billion as of end-December, up 3.5 percent from end-March 2014, the government said in a release on Tuesday.

India's external debt-to-gross domestic product (GDP) ratio stood at 23.2 percent as of end-December, compared with 23.7 percent as of end-March 2014.

The country's short-term debt fell 6.7 percent from March-end 2014 to $85.6 billion as of December-end, while long-term debt rose 6.1 percent to $376.4 billion, the statement from finance ministry said.

India's end-Dec external debt at $461.9 billion| Reuters

Last edited:
If the economy is going to grow at steady pace of 7-8% then not a problem.

you know what amazes me, we have chinese, American, Canadian, Middle eastern, Iranian, russian and people from so many other countires....yet its Indian whose every other post is about how much money they have.
then you feel bad when we call you Banya

I have no problem with I like the word...ask your Indian fella who get upset when I call them

I would guess because of diversity, some Indians prefer to be the acedemic types rather than traders. We in the state of bengal are very bad at business or trading but excell at academics, literature and philosophy. If you call us Bengali people traders I guess they would feel insulted :)

By the way the Brits are traders, and with their banyagiri they took ever the world....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom