What's new

India's external debt baloons to $462 billion

India's end-Dec external debt at $461.9 billion
Tuesday March 31, 2015

getNewsImages

MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's external debt stood at $461.9 billion as of end-December, up 3.5 percent from end-March 2014, the government said in a release on Tuesday.

India's external debt-to-gross domestic product (GDP) ratio stood at 23.2 percent as of end-December, compared with 23.7 percent as of end-March 2014.

The country's short-term debt fell 6.7 percent from March-end 2014 to $85.6 billion as of December-end, while long-term debt rose 6.1 percent to $376.4 billion, the statement from finance ministry said.

India's end-Dec external debt at $461.9 billion| Reuters

that is a huge debt load

Pakistanis :rofl:. So much for balooning debt, turns out the dept to gdp ratio has actually come down!
I was waiting for this because our reserves have crossed record mark.

you know what amazes me, we have chinese, American, Canadian, Middle eastern, Iranian, russian and people from so many other countires....yet its Indian whose every other post is about how much money they have.
then you feel bad when we call you Banya
You totally forgot Pakistan, they are having more than all the above combine, ask @RiazHaq

India's end-Dec external debt at $461.9 billion
Tuesday March 31, 2015

getNewsImages

MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's external debt stood at $461.9 billion as of end-December, up 3.5 percent from end-March 2014, the government said in a release on Tuesday.

India's external debt-to-gross domestic product (GDP) ratio stood at 23.2 percent as of end-December, compared with 23.7 percent as of end-March 2014.

The country's short-term debt fell 6.7 percent from March-end 2014 to $85.6 billion as of December-end, while long-term debt rose 6.1 percent to $376.4 billion, the statement from finance ministry said.

India's end-Dec external debt at $461.9 billion| Reuters
India is spending too much on military when they should focus on social programs instead.

I would guess because of diversity, some Indians prefer to be the acedemic types rather than traders. We in the state of bengal are very bad at business or trading but excell at academics, literature and philosophy. If you call us Bengali people traders I guess they would feel insulted :)

By the way the Brits are traders, and with their banyagiri they took ever the world....

Hi,

The british briught something very diferent to thd sub continent-----THE TRADER WARRIOR. This two in one profession got the better of us.

Same is true for the americans----trader / warriors. Very dificult to underdtand and desl with at thst time.

Why I go out? AAP still need to install WiFi on every corner.

You spoon feed me?, when you dont know anything itself in first place . Dont make mockery of yourself.

Modi flops me. Nice going Bhakts? You definitely need a psychiatric.

That idiot shall not be able to give you any link but I can on Indian economic turnaround.

IMF, World Bank forecast 6.4% growth for India in 2015 - The Times of India

IMF projects India's GDP to pick up in 2015 to 6.4 per cent - timesofindia-economictimes

India Is Eclipsing China's Economy As Brightest BRIC Star

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ow-by-7-8-in-2015-16-adb-115032400104_1.html\

India to grow at 7.8 per cent in FY16, surpass China, says ADB - Business Today

Debt and deficit figures are never seen in isolation. They are always seen as the percentage of GDP. our GDP is increasing at 6.5% and debt at 3.5% so actually debt to GDP ratio has gone down which is good.

People commenting on this thread need to study Finance a bit more in detail..... some of your posts are like school boys.

Have you ever seen the balance sheet of a fast growing company or for that matter a highly successful one? For example your company has tonnes of orders and is expanding with triple digit profit. Now to execute the orders and to manage the investments, the company would require short term loans/ credit (for day to day business) and capital / long term funds (for investments, assets). Obviously the balance sheet will show increased debt because of this.

What matters the most is the Debt coverage or repayment capacity. If you are well versed in economics, Indias debt to GDP ratio has actually improved. Moreover, our Forex today stands more than ever in our history ($340 billion)/

Sometimes posters make fool of themselves in order to discredit India or Indians.

That idiot shall not be able to give you any link but I can on Indian economic turnaround.

IMF, World Bank forecast 6.4% growth for India in 2015 - The Times of India

IMF projects India's GDP to pick up in 2015 to 6.4 per cent - timesofindia-economictimes

India Is Eclipsing China's Economy As Brightest BRIC Star

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ow-by-7-8-in-2015-16-adb-115032400104_1.html\

India to grow at 7.8 per cent in FY16, surpass China, says ADB - Business Today

Debt and deficit figures are never seen in isolation. They are always seen as the percentage of GDP. our GDP is increasing at 6.5% and debt at 3.5% so actually debt to GDP ratio has gone down which is good.
I know this guy since he was in IDF. He was never like this.

Maybe PTSD.

Maybe PTSD.

PTSD?

Maybe PTSD.

PTSD?

Yes he seem to be a reasonable guy while discussing other topic but he is excessively obsessed with Modi. His obsession has reached such a level that he is unable to be happy in progress of country or any good news. There is o0ne more more idiot named .Prometheus He is worse than this one.

PTSD?

PTSD?

Yes he seem to be a reasonable guy while discussing other topic but he is excessively obsessed with Modi. His obsession has reached such a level that he is unable to be happy in progress of country or any good news. There is o0ne more more idiot named .Prometheus He is worse than this one.
Post traumatic stress disorder.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom