What's new

India's external debt baloons to $462 billion

Oil prices are being paid from the foreign reserve, infrastructure development is generally funded by debts.

Oil is bought with our forex reserves. Infrastructure is built with IMF, ADB loans. The greater the building spree, higher will be short term debt.

And infrastructure growth has actually slowed down. Now my question- then why is the debt gone so high? In fact as of feb/mar all core sectors have slowed down including manufacturing. There ain't no 'building spree' here.

I have no problem with I like the word...ask your Indian fella who get upset when I call them
No one gets upset being called baniya, if so please quote the names of members who gets upset... Its just your oversmartness that compels you to find new words for name calling Indians mullah...

Pakistanis :rofl:. So much for balooning debt, turns out the dept to gdp ratio has actually come down!
Dont blame them, they never heard that much amount in their life, their whole gdp is half of India's debt.

And infrastructure growth has actually slowed down. Now my question- then why is the debt gone so high? In fact as of feb/mar all core sectors have slowed down including manufacturing. There ain't no 'building spree' here.
I dont think debt of private enterprises are included in this.. not sure.

I
Infrastructure growth has... WHAT?

India's end-Dec external debt at $461.9 billion
Tuesday March 31, 2015

getNewsImages

MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's external debt stood at $461.9 billion as of end-December, up 3.5 percent from end-March 2014, the government said in a release on Tuesday.

India's external debt-to-gross domestic product (GDP) ratio stood at 23.2 percent as of end-December, compared with 23.7 percent as of end-March 2014.

The country's short-term debt fell 6.7 percent from March-end 2014 to $85.6 billion as of December-end, while long-term debt rose 6.1 percent to $376.4 billion, the statement from finance ministry said.

India's end-Dec external debt at $461.9 billion| Reuters

Who so ever know economics know that Debt is not seen in isolation but in ratio of GDP. Since GDP rose by 7% and debt by3.5% it is ok. Good work.

Last edited:
India's end-Dec external debt at $461.9 billion
Tuesday March 31, 2015

getNewsImages

MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's external debt stood at $461.9 billion as of end-December, up 3.5 percent from end-March 2014, the government said in a release on Tuesday.

India's external debt-to-gross domestic product (GDP) ratio stood at 23.2 percent as of end-December, compared with 23.7 percent as of end-March 2014.

The country's short-term debt fell 6.7 percent from March-end 2014 to $85.6 billion as of December-end, while long-term debt rose 6.1 percent to $376.4 billion, the statement from finance ministry said.

India's end-Dec external debt at $461.9 billion| Reuters

Mainly due to increase in external commercial borrowings and NRI deposits. The rise during the period was due to an increase in long-term debt such as commercial borrowings and NRI deposits. Short-term external debt, however, witnessed a decline during the period.

In other words... inflow of money to support long term capital ... Now cry me a river.

Okey call names. I am too in mood of a fight. Lets begin.

ooohhhh Im quaking now. I know aht you did @$$hole, you put up a link that has no relevance to the question and tried to fool me. This is GUynextdoor you're debating with, not @HariPrasad , that's the kind of person you can ffol. Now shooo.....

ooohhhh Im quaking now. I know aht you did @$$hole, you put up a link that has no relevance to the question and tried to fool me. This is GUynextdoor you're debating with, not @HariPrasad , that's the kind of person you can ffol. Now shooo.....
Wtf? BTW, who the hell hari prasad is.

One more thing, if you have brain of a single bit, then you found infrastructure sector is booming, on previous post you already claimed infrastructure taking a nose down dive.

Maybe you need to use more brain. :rofl:

Wtf? BTW, who the hell hari prasad is.

One more thing, if you have brain of a single bit, then you found infrastructure sector is booming, on previous post you already claimed infrastructure taking a nose down dive.

Maybe you need to use more brain. :rofl:

It's DOWN you clown. Check the actual nos. for 2015 NOT 2012.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom