What's new

India's defense exports hit $1.6 billion in May 2019, aims for $5 billions in 2021

2014-15 ₹1940 crores ($280 millions)

2015-16 ₹2059 crores ($300 millions)

2016-17 ₹1521 crores ($220 millions)

2017-18 ₹4682 crores ($680 millions)

2018-19 ₹11,000 crores ($1.6 billion)

2025-26 ₹35,000 crores ($5.1 billions) Scheduled

Thats the benefit of offset obligations in multi billion dollar defence deals , now even India orders more Rafale , Dassault with its Reliance JV will manufacture its components in India for all costumers

That's an impressive hike in exports
What weapons are being exported?
Who are the top 5 buyers?

Basically fulfilling offset obligations , nothing impressive tbh

I see. So if India supply tech support to US military. It count as an export.

Or Are these only value added components exported to US and EU for military equipment that India have planned to purchase?

Or Are these only value added components exported to US and EU for military equipment that India have planned to purchase?
Dont know about tech support but India does components for eg Tata supplies fuselage of Apache helis to Boeing from their JV and israelis also have JVs with Indian companies

It's an ego massage, so they will be dependent on imports. Most likely it's some assembly shit and call center service, then it's considered offset. They feel happy while the West milks them off billions.

If we really want to quantify, you would find alot of Chinese components inside the US military. Hell we should include DJI in military sales.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom