What's new

India's cultural aggression (Hindi & Bengali serial) - RTV report (Bengali)

I do not agree. during martial laws in both Bangladesh and Pakistan, the fundamentalists tried to Saudize the societies and hence their own culture was undermined and the Indian culture crept in.

Original roots?

You are losing your roots. A sad attempt to emulate the west is all we see of your culture.

What is so sad about it???We are not emulating suicide bombings.

What is so sad about it???We are not emulating suicide bombings.

You are walking from one extreme to another.

So If the bollywood industry does not have semi-nude women in every single song, does this make them a terrorist?

You are already paying the price for emulating the west blindly. Remember, you can be a brown englishman, but your respect will be lost, your orginality is what will always garner more respect.

If you ask a traditionalist in you country he/she would say that India is also great victim of cultural aggression....jokes aside think about the films your industry produces........do these films(without a couple of exceptions) actually reflect any of your age old culture??boys and girls are moving towards jeans and away from sarees and punjabis..........it is a matter of perspective........you can view it as subconscious aggression or conscious fusion!

Dada what is this culture of yours? Is the Islamic culture local to BD? Then why worry about ''Indian cultural aggression'' which is actually largely local unlike the Islamic culture which is 100% foreign.

Besides what we call ''culture'' keeps changing, what you people happily call ''western culture'' is really post modern popular culture and has nothing to do with traditional western culture. Similarly in India culture has kept changing from time to time. For a hindu / Buddhist turned Muslim, it would be easy to understand.

So If the bollywood industry does not have semi-nude women in every single song, does this make them a terrorist?
You are already paying the price for emulating the west blindly. Remember, you can be a brown englishman, but your respect will be lost, your orginality is what will always garner more respect.
You really blame Bollywood for this. Have you seen Lollywood movies and Mujras in pakistan available on YouTube.

Who is emulating whom ?

India dominating the south asian culture actually seems pretty normal. we are the cultural center of gravity for the south asian region.

as for indians emulating other cultures, that is in fact the beauty of it. culture shouldn't limit you, rather it should be fluid and help you imbibe new ideas and thoughts continuously.

You really blame Bollywood for this. Have you seen Lollywood movies and Mujras in pakistan available on YouTube.

Who is emulating whom ?

Oh we as Pakistanis have no clue what our culture is. We erased everything that was related to pre-partition punjab. I was talking of Indian culture.

The horrible cultural mutation of Pakistani culture is a result of suppression and denial.

If you ask a traditionalist in you country he/she would say that India is also great victim of cultural aggression....jokes aside think about the films your industry produces........do these films(without a couple of exceptions) actually reflect any of your age old culture??boys and girls are moving towards jeans and away from sarees and punjabis..........it is a matter of perspective........you can view it as subconscious aggression or conscious fusion!

we make bollywood masala films..but we also make movie like 3idiots ,Baghban ,Kabhi khushi kabhi ghum,Ramayan & Hanuman Animated movie which are also successfull....We produce daily soaps for TV but we also have programs like DEvon ke dev Mahadev..Ramayan which are my personal fav

Culture is not something set in Stone....it evolves for better

Our culture is too strong to be lost just by change in wardrobe or just coz you kissed on screen.....

We are not emulating anybody blindly.We are developing something of our own and exporting it to the world.We may borrow some things, but that's no big deal.In fact, you are the ones emulating foreigners blindly.

If u don't like what our Films & Shows are showing, than just banned them in BD it's as simple as that. Why blame India of CULTURAL AGGRESSION?? BD is a sovereign country, it can take it's own decisions, right?? Now u are no one to OBJECT what is shown in Indian channels & Films as it is produced mainly for Indian audience & do not necessarily target the neighboring country's audience. But the fact that BD is not banning them can mean only one thing & i.e. that ur people themselves like these shows & films & no Govt. can go against the WISH & WILL of there own people.

We are not emulating anybody blindly.We are developing something of our own and exporting it to the world.We may borrow some things, but that's no big deal.In fact, you are the ones emulating foreigners blindly.

Oh I admit that we have no culture left.

But it does not change the fact that Indian movies have changed dramatically and are emulating the west.

You cannot impose a foreign culture and expect everything to be good.

I don't understand why do these Pakistanis/Bangladeshis complain about Indian movies/serials when easiest solution for them is to stop watching Indian stuff. If you stop it, it will actually help India's film industry only because Pakistanis/Bangladeshis watches and promotes most of the pirated stuff.

Dada what is this culture of yours? Is the Islamic culture local to BD? Then why worry about ''Indian cultural aggression'' which is actually largely local unlike the Islamic culture which is 100% foreign.

Besides what we call ''culture'' keeps changing, what you people happily call ''western culture'' is really post modern popular culture and has nothing to do with traditional western culture. Similarly in India culture has kept changing from time to time. For a hindu / Buddhist turned Muslim, it would be easy to understand.
Where did I talk about 'Indian cultural aggression'??I am a Bangali by ethnicity......so obviously my culture is Bangali culture.....and it doesn't conflict with my religion!
Care to explain what you mean by Islamic culture local to BD??

If u don't like what our Films & Shows are showing, than just banned them in BD it's as simple as that. Why blame India of CULTURAL AGGRESSION?? BD is a sovereign country, it can take it's own decisions, right?? Now u are no one to OBJECT what is shown in Indian channels & Films as it is produced mainly for Indian audience & do not necessarily target the neighboring country's audience. But the fact that BD is not banning them can mean only one thing & i.e. that ur people themselves like these shows & films & no Govt. can go against the WISH & WILL of there own people.
READ MY COMMENT AGAIN........I'm not talking about Indian Cultural Aggression on BD.......I am talking about cultural aggression as a whole!

Back
Top Bottom