What's new

India's caste system goes back 2,000 years, genetic study finds

Who exactly is a brahmin to decide what should i do.
Caste system be it in ancient times or in modern times is a tool of discrimination.
They were also the one who invented sati and other $hit.

Very nature of caste system is to discriminate and whatever you said has no factual evidence, and please tell me who are brahmins and what determines that they are indeed brahmins.

Because he could gauge what you would be good at from your temperament,just like how parents do today.

And it was the collective choice of the administrators,on who ll do what? Anybody can share their wisdom.

That doesn't make sense.

If people could change castes across generations, then we wouldn't see the genetic segregation found by the study. The segregation could only occur if the four genetic pools were kept disjoint at all times.

There is no genetic segregation as you see,genetic segregation happens across regions not within one.

Karma applies to one's current life cycle and the next life cycle ... Its the part rules of the Maya( Scientific Researchers call it Holographic universe) , and the laws of physics are the laws of the Maya including "every action has an equal and opposite reaction" which is not only applicable to physics but also applicable to everything else including our day to day actions and our morals ...

I fully accept that karma can affect people who believe in it; it's called the psychosomatic effect. As for anything beyond that, it is also possible. I wouldn't rule out anything just because current science can't explain it.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." -- Hamlet (Shakespeare)

Which one are you and how does it feel? And is there any way to know which my ancestors were (if they came from India)?

Tell me where they were from?

It is possible to tell.

Read the OP study.

I have seen people and seen their DNA results,i dont want to read fake studies.

Broadly all Indians are a mix of Large caucasoid,medium mongloid and little australoid.

And then comes the ANI+ASI,neither of which are pure Caucasoid or Australoid.

Oh yes, I'm from the 'Khan' caste of...umm...accountants?

Accountant?

Then they could be Kayastha/Patel.

another heretic idea for white skin white skin supremacy.

if an irish man has a baby with a dalit woman their child will be much fairer than so called brahmin :lol:

what Gita says about europeans r they all brahmins :omghaha:

All of them are Mlechas.

It's not about supremacy, it would have been more about preservation. While my opinion is that the caste system was focused towards varying occupations among the different classes, there is an ethnic tinge in it. The dominant castes were generally purer Indo-Aryan. In any case, it would have aided in preserving the fair skin or the more white Caucasoid features. Everyone is aware as were those in the past that mating with a dark skinned woman would result in a dark skinned child & the appearance of the father would be absent among his descendants. The odd thing is that a man from an upper caste could marry a lower caste woman, and the child while probably not being close to white Caucasoid would still belong to his father's caste. As far as the popularity of fair skin is concerned, a considerable number of people are desperate for white Caucasoid features, & are thus desperate for partners with those features. That might originate from an ingrained sense of inferiority.

Thats not true,

Even the non indo aryan upper caste people of South Indian states are caucasoid,they just migrated earlier than the later immigrants.

Thats the main point.

Colour of the skin/Features are immaterial.

Not surprising.. It was not needed to have genetic study to show it.

Indian civilization is 30,000+ year old.. this rot of Castism is just 1500 to 1800 year old..

Indian culture promoted inter-culture marriage for 28000 years, The problem came just 1800 year ago. It turn worst from bad during Islamic invasion.

During English rule, many Indian scholar/reformers worked to evade this problem, after independence Indian worked more and today castism is on edge. In nexe 100 years Castism will vanish from India.. :)

Tell me where they were from?

It is possible to tell.

I have seen people and seen their DNA results,i dont want to read fake studies.

Broadly all Indians are a mix of Large caucasoid,medium mongloid and little australoid.

And then comes the ANI+ASI,neither of which are pure Caucasoid or Australoid.

Indian civilization promoted inter-cultural marriage (and discouraged inbreeding) No doubt we Indian have mix gene pool..

Caste system wont go until and unless reservation goes.

I am a Gen quota girl,my dad told me just one thing,that if you bring a non general quota guy(not non gen quota caste),i wont agree and i agree with him.

I am a Gen quota girl,my dad told me just one thing,that if you bring a non general quota guy(not non gen quota caste),i wont agree and i agree with him.

Hainnn ? Sister, what are you talking about ? :what:

We have quota for castes,

50% open competition,27% Other backward castes and 23% scheduled castes and in my home state,it is 31% only for open quota.

Not surprising.. It was not needed to have genetic study to show it.

Indian civilization is 30,000+ year old.. this rot of Castism is just 1500 to 1800 year old..

Indian culture promoted inter-culture marriage for 28000 years, The problem came just 1800 year ago. It turn worst from bad during Islamic invasion.

During English rule, many Indian scholar/reformers worked to evade this problem, after independence Indian worked more and today castism is on edge. In nexe 100 years Castism will vanish from India.. :)

Indian civilization promoted inter-cultural marriage (and discouraged inbreeding) No doubt we Indian have mix gene pool..

Funny how someone else always gets the blame for shortcoming of Indians. Muslims, Christians, Britishers the list never ends :coffee:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom