What's new

India's caste system goes back 2,000 years, genetic study finds

Which one are you and how does it feel? And is there any way to know which my ancestors were (if they came from India)?

these days it does not really matter , I am supposedly a Kshatriyas but am nowhere even close to its description am somewhere between last one and 2nd last one when it comes to my work (I.T)... :lol: Am not really sure if you can find out , maybe by the surname your long lost great grand parants had..but am not really sure

What kind of wisdom and knowledge is required for one to become Brahmin?
On what basis are you saying that older one was not discriminatory?

Well for this, type in google Varna system and you will know...

The Varna System was in use from the time of the Indus valley civilization till the time of the Mauryan Empire...

these days it does not really matter , I am supposedly a Kshatriyas but am nowhere even close to its description am somewhere between last one and 2nd last one when it comes to my work (I.T)... :lol: Am not really sure if you can find out , maybe by the surname your long lost great grand parants had..but am not really sure

Oh yes, I'm from the 'Khan' caste of...umm...accountants?

But apparently there is the Manusmruti which corroborates the genetic study's timing of the intermarriage segregation around 2 kya (thousand years ago).

Yes, the genetic study seems to give the same date as the Manusmruti for the generational segregation at 2 kya (thousand years ago).

Manusmruti is quite contradictory to the caste system by birth but by knowledge. There is also a hint of huge natural calamity if flood in his time.

I prefer that you shut the **** up ....

I prefer that you shut thee **** up too maggot. (and since I know you to be better, maybe you can spend your energy trying to explain why you think the caste system is 'good' and 'desirable')

I prefer that you shut thee **** up too maggot. (and since I know you to be better, maybe you can spend your energy trying to explain why you think the caste system is 'good' and 'desirable')

Is every god damn human being who dis agrees with you a maggot ?, DO you have some f**king Comprehension issues , read up the posts that i have written . Stop acting like whiny 12 year old who calls everyone names the very second no one agrees with you ... Welcome to my Ignore list ...

Is every god damn human being who dis agrees with you a maggot ?, DO you have some f**king Comprehension issues , read up the posts that i have written . Stop acting like whiny 12 year old who calls everyone names the very second no one agrees with you ... Welcome to my Ignore list ...

You didn't get your vodka shot today man :lol: . You're really worked up buddy.:D

Very primitive people. Still using these ancient rituals and customs of caste and cow worshipping. Very silly people.

People who eat PIGS, cats and lizards are very advanced :lol:

I would kill the guy who wrote this in the first place:pissed:

You will have to kill Sri. Krishna when he said that in the Bhagwat Gita :lol: ..................they did try that during the Mahabharata wars ....maybe you would like to try again?

India's caste system goes back 2,000 years, genetic study finds - NBC News.com

The caste system in South Asia — which rigidly separates people into high, middle and lower classes — may have been firmly entrenched by about 2,000 years ago, a new genetic analysis suggests.

Researchers found that people from different genetic populations in India began mixing about 4,200 years ago, but the mingling stopped around 1,900 years ago, according to the analysis published Thursday in the American Journal of Human Genetics.

Combining this new genetic information with ancient texts, the results suggest that class distinctions emerged 3,000 to 3,500 years ago, and caste divisions became strict roughly two millennia ago.

The only thing this proves is that Hindus practiced the social class structure based on individual guna i.e. Sattva, Rajas and Tamas. The system practiced by Hindus 4,200 years ago was NON DISCRIMINATORY and allowed social mobility and inter mixing.

The social system got distorted after manusmriti was written about 2100 years back and after it was implemented. i.e. 100 BC

Now if we look back at history at possible events that destroyed the original Hindu culture and social structure there are a few things that come to mind.

1. First invasion of India by Alaxander in 300 BC and resulting chaos and intermixing of alien thought and non hindu ethics. e.g wars fought by disregarding Hindu rules of combat etc.. This is the first document instance of an outside alien culture first invading the fortress called India (crossing the Himalayas)

2. Scythians (Turkey, central asia, partial Iranian) invasion of India and subsequent rule in 7st BC to 100 BC. 44

One can only speculate the possible reasons for the regressive direction of the Hindus of that age. But usually regression in humans (and their societies) happens during times of High Stress (war, death, poverty, etc.). You can compare this to regression in christianity and Islam and their resulting perversions i.e dark age, witch hunt, islamic terrorism etc..

Though relationships between people of different social groups was once common, there was a "transformation where most groups now practice endogamy," or marry within their group, said study co-author Priya Moorjani, a geneticist at Harvard University.

As mentioned above.

Ancestral populations
Hindus in India have historically been born into one of four major castes, with myriad subdivisions within each caste. Even today, in some parts of the country, marriage outside of one's caste is forbidden and those in the outcast, or "untouchable" group are discriminated against and prohibited from participating in religious rituals. (The Indian government has outlawed certain types of discrimination against the lowest classes.)

NOTE the 'christian' propaganda ..........'Hindu' India has outlawed ALL kinds of discrimination...not 'certain' kind.

But when and why this system evolved has always been a bit murky, said Michael Witzel, a South Asian studies researcher at Harvard University, who was not involved in the work.

Not murky at all for any hindu who combine the date of the manusmriti and recent results of genetic studies.

Moorjani's past research revealed that all people in India trace their heritage to two genetic groups: An ancestral North Indian group originally from the Near East and the Caucasus region, and another South Indian group that was more closely related to people on the Andaman Islands.

Again NOTE the propaganda that state North Indian group orinate from Near East and Caucasus region. I am quoting directly from the research paper .....

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002929713003248#gr2

The Principal component analysis (PCA) of 70 of 73 groups with non-Indians (European Americans [CEU], Georgian, Iranian, Basque, and Han Chinese [CHB]) highlights the “Indian cline,” a gradient of West Eurasian relatedness. (This means Non Indians have Indian genes rather than the other way round ........indicate its Indians who went out and populated europe and near east :lol: )

The Great Andamanese and Siddi are not included because of their evidence of relatively recent admixture with non-Indian groups, and central_mix1_nihali7 is not included because it includes multiple ethno-linguistic groups under one label.

Today, everyone in India has DNA from both groups. "It's just the proportion of ancestry that you have that varies across India," Moorjani told LiveScience.

To determine exactly when these ancient groups mixed, the team analyzed DNA from 371 people who were members of 73 groups throughout the subcontinent.

Aside from finding when the mixing started and stopped, the researchers also found the mixing was thorough, with even the most isolated tribes showing ancestry from both groups.

This again shows ALL Indian, Irrespective of Caste have the same genes. This is in line with the actual Hindu class and social structure again highlighting the manusmriti was a abeeration from the original Hindu social structure.

Period of transition
Researchers aren't sure which groups of ancient people lived in India prior to 4,200 years ago, but Moorjani suspects the two groups lived side by side for centuries without intermarrying.

Archaeological evidence indicates that the groups began intermarrying during a time of great upheaval. The Indus Valley civilization, which spanned much of modern-day North India and Pakistan, was waning, and huge migrations were occurring across North India. [History's Most Overlooked Mysteries]

Actually the facts all point to the intermarrying STOPPING during time of great upheaval. No idea why indus valley is mentioned here. It has no relevance to anything.

Ancient texts also reveal clues about the period.

The Rigveda, a nearly 3,500-year-old collection of hymns written in Sanskrit, a North Indian language, mentions chieftains with South Indian names.

"So there is some sort of mixture or intermarriage," Witzel told LiveScience.

Early on, there were distinct classes of people — the priests, the nobility and the common people — but no mention of segregation or occupational restrictions. By about 3,000 years ago, the texts mention a fourth, lowest class: the Sudras. But it wasn't until about 100 B.C. that a holy text called the Manusmruti explicitly forbade intermarriage across castes.

The study doesn't suggest that either the ancestral North or South Indian group formed the bulk of the upper or lower castes, Witzel said.

Rather, when caste divisions hardened, any type of intermarriage was sharply curtailed, leading to much less mixing overall.

Actually Rigveda mention chieftain with 'Indian' names ....... the names are as much 'south Indian' as they are 'north Indian'. Again its sounds like propaganda .....an illusionary north south divide.

Who exactly is a brahmin to decide what should i do.
Caste system be it in ancient times or in modern times is a tool of discrimination.
They were also the one who invented sati and other $hit.

The brahmin's are like your neighbors. They have as much right to decide what you should do.

'Caste' system is a Portuguese invention. Hindus had varna based on guna which was non discriminatory. However I do agree that it is discriminatory that it allows for stupid children of 'lower caste' people to get into engineering and medicine and govt. jobs. :lol:

This discrimination is called 'affirmative action' :lol: .....are you opposed to that as well ?:azn:

Very nature of caste system is to discriminate and whatever you said has no factual evidence, and please tell me who are brahmins and what determines that they are indeed brahmins.

Brahmins are anyone who is guided by his/her Satvva guna.

Anyone who has realized that the Atman that is One without a second, is part of prakriti, who is free of maya, who understand the nature of the self, the world and the cosmos, who is free of desire and attachment, who is free of all negative emotions and is not guided by his/her ego.

Such a person also becomes a moral compass for other in his society and a guide (spiritual, philosophical, ethical, moral, religious etc.) for others.

Their nature, character and behavior determines if he/she is a brahmin.

The brahmin's are like your neighbors. They have as much right to decide what you should do.

'Caste' system is a Portuguese invention. Hindus had varna based on guna which was non discriminatory. However I do agree that it is discriminatory that it allows for stupid children of 'lower caste' people to get into engineering and medicine and govt. jobs. :lol:
I object to you calling those children 'stupid'.
Im sure you would take note of the treatment which they had to go through over centuries before insulting them.

another heretic idea for white skin white skin supremacy.

if an irish man has a baby with a dalit woman their child will be much fairer than so called brahmin :lol:

what Gita says about europeans r they all brahmins :omghaha:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom