What's new

India’s ‘Bad Deal’ for New Fighters Now Looks Alot Worse

Well it seems you dont know the meaning of business.

36 is not a final number .
Numbers can change depends upon the approach of French.
Any way this will be last fighter jet from foreign nations ,so these numbers can even outgun French AF if we gets what we want .
They knows that also .
This Rafale and Tejas Mk2 will succeded all other kinds of jets in IAF inventory .
Then AMCA.

Spare me with the business lesson. I have said that there were no Pakistani Pilots... Why isn't satisfactory for you but it is indeed usual IAF insecurity to come and say as such... Will, Would, If But, Could, Shall .... all are useless.

Spare me with the business lesson. I have said that there were no Pakistani Pilots... Why isn't satisfactory for you but it is indeed usual IAF insecurity to come and say as such... Will, Would, If But, Could, Shall .... all are useless.

Qatari pilots also have PAF servicemen.

Pakistani Pilots Trained to Operate Rafale Jets in France; India’s ‘Bad Deal’ for New Fighters Now Looks Alot Worse
April-11th-2019

article_5caf0fb5272a73_27367704.jpg

India’s controversial acquisition of the French Dassault Rafale medium weight multirole fighter, which has mired Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s BJP government in a serious corruption scandal due in part to the extreme costsof the platforms, has reportedly been undermined by recent reports that Pakistani pilots were given access to the aircraft and trained to operate them in France. While the primary pretext for Rafale acquisition has been to counter Pakistan, particularly in light of recent skirmishes in the air between the two countries in late February 2019, news that the Pakistani military is likely aware of the exact specifications of the fighters has dealt a serious blow to the platform’s potential viability in Indian hands. While Pakistan has no plans to operate the Rafale itself, instead relying on the upcoming JF-17 Block 3 and stealth fighters developed under Project AZM to modernise its fleet, Pakistani pilots under the Qatari Air Force were dispatched to France to train on the Rafales. The Qatari armed forces have relied on recruits from the South Asian state to operate its hardware since the 1970s, and Pakistani personnel even operated Qatari battle tanks during the 1991 Gulf War and engaged Iraqi forces on the Gulf State’s behalf. Qatar’s small population and extremely high living standards have meant that it has been unable to recruit its own citizens to serve in the front lines of its own armed forces - and much like neighbouring Saudi Arabia it has relied heavily on Pakistani assistance as a result.

Pakistani familiarity with the Rafale design, and the fact that its pilots have flown the aircraft before the first squadron was ready for service in the Indian Air Force, means that its armed forces will know the fighter's exact limitations and those of its weapons systems - allowing assets such as PL-12 equipped JF-17 fighters and HQ-16 air defence batteries to better avoid attacks from the French made platforms and more effectively neutralise them in turn. Alongside the current corruption sandal surrounding the Rafale acquisition, this could well be a key factor in preventing the Indian Air Force from pursing further acquisitions of the French fighters - which it is currently considering as part of its RFI tender for new light-medium weight fighter jets. The Indian fighter fleet, however, still remains highly capable of countering potential Pakistani attacks with its heavier and more capable fighter jets such as the Su-30MKI - which surpasses the capabilities of the Rafale across the spectrum and is capable of carrying state of the art munitions such as the R-77, R-27ER, AIM-132 air to air missiles and BrahMos cruise missile with which Pakistan's armed forces are far less familiar.
Didn’t pakistan try Rafale in like 2000s and reject it based on price as F-16 and j-10 was way cheaper and almost equal?

I am sure PAF must have received enough info and paf pilots should have flown it anyways.

There are pictures of that time too :-

upload_2019-4-17_10-14-44.jpeg

no matter how much bad deal india sign for rafale they are a light year ahead of our deal . what we buy 43 years old mirage5 lolllzzz

Canada also tried rafale but we had a lot of requirements for inter op with us hardware. Its one of best birds out there barring f-22 and May be f-35. But for the price you can get more 16s and 18s , especially if you already fly them.

There were no Pakistanis, trust me. Why India is asking for confirmation in this. Haven't Indians proved that the news was fake and after all French Ambassadors denied the same.

Moreover, did India think that buying 36 Rafale means India now owns French and Dassault? Those were Qataris pilots and that's all. Can't understand the unnecessary Indian insecurity despite the news being fake as per ambassador.
Its called negotiation tactics from where I come from.

I once installed HVAC for a dirty Chinese. He complained that the units were three year old. The units had three years of lead time. He wanted money off the bill. We fought hard and finally negotiated for just can 500 off so that he keeps his face. He contacted me again, this time in boom season. I charged him 25 per cent more and upfront. Once bitten twice cautious.

Didn’t pakistan try Rafale in like 2000s and reject it based on price as F-16 and j-10 was way cheaper and almost equal?

I am sure PAF must have received enough info and paf pilots should have flown it anyways.

There are pictures of that time too :-

View attachment 553969

Very Very Sharp!!! what can not be change is this picture is fourth guy from the right look like Air Boss of 27th Feb 19 Battle and 2nd guy looks like Young W/C Nauman...

Rafale it self looks ours.... :)

@Windjammer

Back
Top Bottom