What's new

India’s armed forces

Seems like looking for a escape way after all those tall claims.

Well, it can be for US as well like USSR and if it is a war there will be no discount for either but India is not US at all so the strategies are different from our side as well as you said you have multi strategies etc. Indeed, if USSR can be turned into Russia then anything can be happened to anyone.

It is up-to US though currently we are in good relations we will be like friends but the day anyone thought to invade war or become enemy of Pakistan, the relations, the strategies and approach and everything would be different for those times. However, it is interesting that despite the tall claims of India, you mostly refer US -Pakistan history but again as I said before, India is not US even, having no other option if there is war by US, we know what to do.

Well it is always like to make sure for no flaws but sometimes it is opposite of such like OP about IA, see none is flawless.

The milestone of your diplomacy in Afghanistan is what you have been told by media and NaMO to you though there are different parties in such case like China on request of US as well. We have seen the milestones with unrest in Pakistan even someone from US acknowledged as well about the Indian interference inside Pakistan through Afghanistan but still another claim like would be, will be etc.... there are milestones based upon anti_Pakistan strategy and nothing else.

None is beacon of such HR in today's world and indeed has been expressed rightly and you should realize as well that whatever NaMO is saying with respect to isolation etc is nothing but 'bravado' and we have been saying the same that it is always nation's interest.

You don't know about policy but still almost everyone of you are claiming to isolate Pakistan and what not that we said, nothing is HR. Corruption free environment would be acknowledged the day after he left the PM seat like in OP.

Rest about your threat of consequences, we are aware of that since 1947 so nothing new however, India has to remember for themselves as well w.r.t action has reaction.

I didnt claimed that we can defeat US .
Whatever it is ,Saddam had a courage to attack US forces when they tresspassed in to their territory,even though he knows it was a one way call.
But in your case ,US Seals tresspassed in to your nation without your permission and PA couldnt do anything and stand there helplessly when US did their job.
That would be the maximum case even in the future.
I dont claim that we are US ,but we can do that I already pointed in there but it will take a long time and due to proximity it is not good for our interest.

You can say whatever you want but in Afghanistan we already won diplomacy through our committment and dedication.

Narendra Modi is a good administrator and he is doing great job in rule.Zero Corruption during last two years and govt machinery is quite active .
He would get a second term if he continue this good rule

GDP of our one state Maharashtra
Don't forget Pakistan is much, much smaller then India. In fact your Utter Pradesh has higher population.
Such comments although sound dramatic don't mean much. You could easily say India has economy not much bigger then few Chinese cities like Hong Kong or Singapore.

But that is exactly the beauty of asymmetric warfare. Keep in mind that India's global aspirations may have a much harder time being achieved without settling its issues with Pakistan.
And we are successful in renaming that 'asymmetric warfare' and calling as terrorism.
So far it worked very well.
Sorry we dont have that kind of global aspirations

Don't forget Pakistan is much, much smaller then India. In fact your Utter Pradesh has higher population.
Such comments although sound dramatic don't mean much. You easily say India has economy not much bigger then few Chinese cities like Hong Kong or Singapore.

I was saying about Maharashtra Not UP.
UP is not a nice benchmark considering pathetic situation in there.

We still a great potential to continue like this in next few decades

I was saying about Maharashtra Not UP.
That's called cherrypicking. Similar to how Karachi-Wallahs sing that they generate so much taxation. Any sub region is part of the overall economy. For a start significant entrepot trade can benefit one region but actually be production generated all over the wider economy. Similarly Maharashtra will have economy that is sustained by rest of India.

And 70 years you should learn not to dismiss Pakistan. In 1947 in almost every indicator India inheritated vastly more resources then Pakistan. There was almost zero industry in Pakistan. Yet despite that at times Pak was ahead of India and just because right now you has slight edge does not mean things could go status quo ante. If that was the case Pakistan should have declared victory in late 1960s when it was well ahead of India.

When did this happen?
Do you want to add the aggregate of few large Chinese cities? Or maybe compare the GDP of one Chinese province like Guongdong with India?

And that was typo - Singapore > Shanghai I meant.

Ps. I want you guy's to consider for a second your work colleagues. How difficult is it to match the total productivity of 6-7 of you work colleagues? Not easy I suspect. That is the same Pak/India equation.

That's called cherrypicking. Similar to how Karachi-Wallahs sing that they generate so much taxation. Any sub region is part of the overall economy. For a start significant entrepot trade can benefit one region but actually be production generated all over the wider economy. Similarly Maharashtra will have economy that is sustained by rest of India.

And 70 years you should learn not to dismiss Pakistan. In 1947 in almost every indicator India inheritated vastly more resources then Pakistan. There was almost zero industry in Pakistan. Yet despite that at times Pak was ahead of India and just because right now you has slight edge does not mean things could go status quo ante. If that was the case Pakistan should have declared victory in late 1960s when it was well ahead of India.

Pakistan couldnt reform the fundamental bottlenecks of its economy .
Till now your land rules and regulation couldnt taste much reformation.
Whatever it is that state generates GDP that is more than your nation's entire GDP.

India was successful in equalizing and modernizing their outdated structure through some kind of gradual revolution until 1990's.

Whatever it is that state generates GDP that is more than your nation's entire GDP.
That is about as dramatic as saying "tiny Italy has economy almost as large as India".

And i reiterate. Time is dynamic. Over the preceding decades despite Pak starting way behind India in 1947 it led India for some decades. The situation could again change.

And we are successful in renaming that 'asymmetric warfare' and calling as terrorism.
So far it worked very well.
Sorry we dont have that kind of global aspirations

India has been able to do that only because Pakistan played its hand so badly post 9/11, not because its strategy was working any better. And a permanent seat on the UNSC does count as global aspiration, not to mention the economic power of a fifth (or so) of humanity.

That is about as dramatic as saying "tiny Italy has economy almost as large as India".

And i reiterate. Time is dynamic. Over the preceding decades despite Pak starting way behind India in 1947 it led India for some decades. The situation could again change.

Italy is saturated but India is not .
We can maintain this economic growth for at least next five decade.
Nope.
India has vibrant democracy and now it is mixing like a fluid and strentgening the very basic of this nation.
Pakistan's policies was not from bottom level.
It was a mere make up effort without removing root causes that instilled by colonialists and their predecessors.

India has been able to do that only because Pakistan played its hand so badly post 9/11, not because its strategy was working any better. And a permanent seat on the UNSC does count as global aspiration, not to mention the economic power of a fifth (or so) of humanity.

Pakistan tried to show oversmartness .
Events like Kunduz Airlift are example.

Pakistan couldnt anticipate the growth of India during last decade.

Italy is saturated but India is not .
You just moved the goalpost onto "saturation". That is altogether another matter. We were talking but how silly it is to brag by cherrypicking from the present day. You know as well as I do there will be plenty of provinces in China that have GDP that can match India.

And then have you ever considerd flip side of being large? Like you have more poor then entire Pakistan. Anyway I am veering off - just saw the title of the thread.

I dont think so.
You can compare the benefits of our military,ex military with that of Pakistan's.
Economic situation in Southeen India is best in South Asia and comparable to other parts of Asia.
Of Course they have military ,but what is the use of that formidableness when you dont have an economy to back up you in this world.

Pakistan is struggling in international forums because of our economic might.

Pakistan Ex-military are happy as well as there are certain benefits through every budget for pensioners. Also, Ex-Military are offered with suitable and attractive services in different departments, other than Military, till superannuation age.

India is also struggling, let some time go by and there will be figures especially after so much of spending and also, Pakistan has the relations as well yet countered the might pretty well. Not isolated at all and is still in picture however, diplomatic force started a bit late to work but pace is good hence on many forums, India is not able to isolate per exaggerated figures for Indian people. Everything is summed for future, so nothing yet proven as Pakistan is also progressing and developing.

But in your case ,US Seals tresspassed in to your nation without your permission and PA couldnt do anything and stand there helplessly when US did their job

Except many other factors for not going in such call of response, being ordered by leader of the nation, still there will be no discount for India as it was for US.

You can say whatever you want but in Afghanistan we already won diplomacy through our committment and dedication.

Only for Indian narrative, Pakistan is still a major player for Afghanistan hence US called for Pakistan, China, US and Afghanistan table talks for peace and rest are details you can dig out. Remember, (from history), Afghanistan is the soil as graveyard for any country that claimed to be super-power. For USSR, same was the call like India now, by Nadir Shah, rest is history.

Pakistan tried to show oversmartness .
Events like Kunduz Airlift are example.

Pakistan couldnt anticipate the growth of India during last decade.

I think that Pakistan has now realized the dire need to change its thinking to deal with the marked change in the regional geopolitics. How it manages the transition remains to be seen. The best way for Pakistan to deal with the growth of the Indian economy is to try and come up with growth of its own. Again, whether CPEC will be the vehicle for this remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom