What's new

Indians Warn Of Invasion

Lankan Navy prevents TN fishermen from fishing near K'theevu

About 2,000 fishermen who ventured out to sea in 511 boats were reportedly prevented from fishing near Katchatheevu by Sri Lankan navy personnel, who also took away their catch.

Fisheries department sources, quoting the fishermen, who return yesterday, said the Lankan naval personnel came to the spot in 10 boats and ordered them to immediately leave the area.

The officials said each boat owner has suffered an average of Rs 2000 loss towards wages and diesel.

Lankan Navy prevents TN fishermen from fishing near K'theevu - Indian Express

[Indian Media]

---------------------------------------

Navy denies claim

The Navy has categorically denied allegations that Sri Lanka Naval personnel prevented about two thousand fishermen from fishing in the seas near Kachchative Island and looted their catch, as quoted by PTI yesterday.
Sri Lanka Navy, in a statement, expressed deep concerns over the malicious allegations raised time to time accusing it of harassing Indian fishermen.
It says most of the allegations have been found to be mere hearsay and accusations based on ill intentions aimed at straining the good relations between the two friendly neighbouring countries Sri Lanka and India.
On numerous occasions, Sri Lanka Navy has come to the rescue of Indian fishermen in distress on humanitarian grounds and provided them with assistance using its vessels and personnel despite the commitment of large number of resources and heavy expenses incurred by the Navy in the process. Sri Lanka Navy has helped Indian boats in distress in the Sri Lankan waters, on more than 10 occasions saving lives of many fishermen, in 2011 alone.
Grateful Indian fishermen have expressed their gratitude for the provision of swift assistance and the hospitality extended by the Sri Lanka Navy providing them with food and accommodation as well as technical and salvaging assistance while they are in trouble in Sri Lankan waters.
Sri Lanka Navy, being a responsible naval force honouring the international maritime laws, provides humanitarian assistance to local and foreign fishermen in distress. It will continue its humanitarian operations in future and make available its expertise in rescuing and providing protection to sea farers when they are in difficulty in Sri Lankan waters, the navy statement said.

Navy denies claim - newsnow.lk

[Sri Lankan Media]

dare Indians invade the island?

We will fight with you to smash invaders into pieces.

dare Indians invade the island?

We will fight with you to smash invaders into pieces.

OOOOH :lol:

someones been watching too much rambo

let me tell u something son, if india wanted sri lanka, there is nothing anybody can do about it.
its like china and tibet. comprende?

But except for a few issues, we r ok with them and they with us

pakistan should give a squadron of F-7PG and JF-17 to SLAF and train SL special forces and assure SL of full support incase India embarks on any misadventure against a peaceful country like srilanka

Peaceful, what bull crap are you talking about. the peace they have achieved was by painting the North of the nation and east with the blood of their own Tamil Civilian Population.
I dont want INDIA to do a invasion, but SL should accept for a UN probing commitee to investigate the war crimes that is committed by the SL army and LTTE.

Sri Lanka is an Integral part of India...

I don't want more trouble for my nation. SL is trouble as far as I am concerened. Most of the SL Men in Uniform think that Tamils are all terrorist and they do not even spare our fishermen's lively hood

Peaceful, what bull crap are you talking about. the peace they have achieved was by painting the North of the nation and east with the blood of their own Tamil Civilian Population.
I dont want INDIA to do a invasion, but SL should accept for a UN probing commitee to investigate the war crimes that is committed by the SL army and LTTE.

lol, i will take this comment as a joke :)

lol, i will take this comment as a joke :)

ya i can see the appeal, 1 lakh people dead in the war on terror and 40,000 dead over a weak and ya you will take it a joke. for people like you who do not have heart only you'll realise the value of life when you loose a loved or deared one.

ya i can see the appeal, 1 lakh people dead in the war on terror and 40,000 dead over a weak and ya you will take it a joke. for people like you who do not have heart only you'll realise the value of life when you loose a loved or deared one.

Wish India won't train any other terrorist group again. ;)

Is there any Indian neighbor that does not have territorial disputes with it?

Is there any Indian neighbor that has not been threatened by India?

Any Indian aggression in the region will invoke an equal and opposite response from china and Pakistan.

Srilanka might end up gaining a lot more military aid as result of any such aggression.

I love that epic statement,Pakistan and China will invoke opposite reaction's.I know China have the capacity but given their trade relation's with India and their limited reach in IOR the chances are fairly negligible,moreover I consider China an intelligent and smart player,they are not the one who are going to burn their a$$ for an issue thats remotely their.

About Pakistan,yeah i know Pakistan is perceived to be a world power inside Pakistani boundaries,but those perception's ends where ur boundary ends,u r welcome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom