What's new

Indians To Deploy Apaches on Pakistan Border

This is Apache's operating on a rocky terrain with militants hiding inside the caves.

On an average day, the battlefield of Pakistan Army will be either Lahore, Rajhastan or Fort Abbas area. it is plain and flat. Apache's will not have to come any closer.

This is before we get to the notion of tanks and armour fighting vehicles. Apache retains the capability to fire hellfire from a BVR distance. Hence, I said earlier, they need to be shot out of the sky by either SAMs or fighters.
Or destroyed on the base by commando action?

This is Apache's operating on a rocky terrain with militants hiding inside the caves.

On an average day, the battlefield of Pakistan Army will be either Lahore, Rajhastan or Fort Abbas area. it is plain and flat. Apache's will not have to come any closer.

This is before we get to the notion of tanks and armour fighting vehicles. Apache retains the capability to fire hellfire from a BVR distance. Hence, I said earlier, they need to be shot out of the sky by either SAMs or fighters.
Their range of Hellfire is 8km. Our RBS 70 Bollide MK 2's range is 8km too

Manpads max range is about 5km while hellfire is about 8km.

Thats why hottees have been putting them down right left and center in Yemen using Manpads

Bhai marathon bhagani hay kya ???

Thats why hottees have been putting them down right left and center in Yemen using Manpads

Bhai marathon bhagani hay kya ???
I meant to say the IA could plan the mission such a way that they avoid ground based AAA while deploying their long range AGM.

Too few to make a difference.

Indian Army needs at least 200 Apaches to make a difference.

Their range of Hellfire is 8km. Our RBS 70 Bollide MK 2's range is 8km too

Hellfire's effective range is 8 km with a capability of radar guided target acquisition. This means Apache can launch 16 of these missiles from behind a mountain or very far away from considerable altitudes lets say in a desert. Shoulder launched weapons dont help here.

I meant to say the IA could plan the mission such a way that they avoid ground based AAA while deploying their long range AGM.
Against a fixed target .. Yes.. But that's usually not how heli is used and that's not how Manpads are deployed.. .
Manpads are far bigger nuessance than it's given credit to. Pak build 1000s and 1000s aithough bit upgrade of seekers shud be carried out along night vision capability

Iranians have used flir to look upwards at night locate fighters and score atleast one successful hit on f 15 using Manpads

Video was posted on this forum

Hellfire's effective range is 8 km with a capability of radar guided target acquisition. This means Apache can launch 16 of these missiles from behind a mountain or very far away from considerable altitudes lets say in a desert. Shoulder launched weapons dont help here.
You know a Apaches radar is not capable off mountain penetration where did you get such a dumb claim from and I am very well aware off the Apaches anti tank role it can be achieved by any helicopter with a radar it's not hard the Turks are developing a ground radar for the T129 it's in its final integration phase

You know a Apaches radar is not capable off mountain penetration where did you get such a dumb claim from and I am very well aware off the Apaches anti tank role it can be achieved by any helicopter with a radar it's not hard the Turks are developing a ground radar for the T129 it's in its final integration phase

I don't blame you for your mediocre vocabulary when it comes to firepower and military avaition. It is not everyone's cup of tea.

Latest AH-64's retain the capability to launch spike missiles which does have the capability to lose connectivity with the aircraft's radar at later stages. It was earlier tested somewhere in Israel and in mountainous conditions where the target was not in the line of sight.

And before we all get educated more on this. Lets take out some time to read this:

Land
US Army to field Israeli-made long-range missile on helicopters

An Army Requirements Oversight Council decision has authorized the service to field a certain number of Rafael’s Spike Non-Line-of-Sight (NLOS) missiles ahead of a bigger decision on a plan for acquiring long-range precision munitions for the service’s current and future aviation fleets, Brig. Gen. Wally Rugen, who is in charge of Army aviation modernization, said at a Bell demonstration of its V-280 Valor tiltrotor helicopter on Jan. 8.

The test shots were performed in challenging terrain. The AH-64 hid behind 1,600 feet of craggy mountain and took take aim at a target representing a Russian Pantsir medium-range, surface-to-air missile system on the opposite slope. In the shot witnessed by Defense News, the Apache flew just a couple of hundred feet above the highest obstacle in the desert when the missiles were fired

I'd caution you to watch your tone next time. The things we discuss here do not amount to anyone being dumb. No one has access to classified information here and hence calling someone dumb only amounts to your insecurity of being not aware of latest technologies out there.

EDIT:

In the latest development. Hellfire missiles are being designed to attain a similar capability. US wouldnt want to give Israel all the business when it comes to this.

Kindly tell me max range of Hellfire which India have???

Also tell me what assets PA have deployed in areas you have mentioned??

Apache is big threat but India is no USA and Pakistan is not Iraq.

IMO Pakistan should buy Verba MANPADS from Russia and license produce them.

verba_l1.jpg

Missile length 1.64 m
Missile diameter ~ 0.07 m
Fin span ?
Missile weight 11 - 12 kg
Weight with launcher ~ 18 kg
Warhead weight 1.5 kg
Warhead type High explosive blast fragmentation
Range of fire 6 km
Altitude of fire 4.5 km
Guidance Multispectral optical seeker (UV, near-IR, mid-IR)

I don't blame you for your mediocre vocabulary when it comes to firepower and military avaition. It is not everyone's cup of tea.

Latest AH-64's retain the capability to launch spike missiles which does have the capability to lose connectivity with the aircraft's radar at later stages. It was earlier tested somewhere in Israel and in mountainous conditions where the target was not in the line of sight.

And before we all get educated more on this. Lets take out some time to read this:

Land
US Army to field Israeli-made long-range missile on helicopters

An Army Requirements Oversight Council decision has authorized the service to field a certain number of Rafael’s Spike Non-Line-of-Sight (NLOS) missiles ahead of a bigger decision on a plan for acquiring long-range precision munitions for the service’s current and future aviation fleets, Brig. Gen. Wally Rugen, who is in charge of Army aviation modernization, said at a Bell demonstration of its V-280 Valor tiltrotor helicopter on Jan. 8.

The test shots were performed in challenging terrain. The AH-64 hid behind 1,600 feet of craggy mountain and took take aim at a target representing a Russian Pantsir medium-range, surface-to-air missile system on the opposite slope. In the shot witnessed by Defense News, the Apache flew just a couple of hundred feet above the highest obstacle in the desert when the missiles were fired

I'd caution you to watch your tone next time. The things we discuss here do not amount to anyone being dumb. No one has access to classified information here and hence calling someone dumb only amounts to your insecurity of being not aware of latest technologies out there.

EDIT:

In the latest development. Hellfire missiles are being designed to attain a similar capability. US wouldnt want to give Israel all the business when it comes to this.
Hopefully, someone convey’s the same to Army AD.

Our best bet against this asset is India’s own poor organization of military air assets. These belong with the IA and under direct command of BG rather than going through their 3 man chain of requests.

Back
Top Bottom